Marvel Netflix - Luke Cage (tagged spoilers)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gilberreke

Marvel Netflix - Luke Cage (tagged spoilers)

Post by Gilberreke »

Anyone started watching this yet? Just binge-watched it.

There's a certain amount of black history after school special thing going on, but apart from that, it's pretty good. It's like a blaxploitation lite style show. Can't wait for Iron Fist, the possibility of a Punisher series and then the Defenders team-up.

As far as follow-up series, I wouldn't mind a Daredevil season 3 and a Jessica Jones season 2 either.

Please tag your spoilers!
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
jorgebonafe

Re: Marvel Netflix - Luke Cage (tagged spoilers)

Post by jorgebonafe »

Yes. Loved it.

By the way I'm loving all the marvel series, the ones on Netflix and Agents of Shield too. I just didn't watch Agent Carter yet
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I just finished it today. I loved it.
Spoiler
Show
I like that such a powerful hero still has a realistic weakness that fit well into the current mythos
Very much looking forward to Iron Fist and Defenders
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Really liked the 2nd season of Daredevil (glad they changed the suit), but gave up on Agent Carter after a couple of episodes as it just hadn't grabbed me.

I have vague recollection of Luke Cage from late 80's or early 90's comics. I remember a really good graphic novel involving him and Iron Fist, but it's incredibly fuzzy. Might give it a try.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

One reason to watch Luke Cage, is the soundtrack. Delphonics, Charles Bradley, etc. Really good.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Hey guys, been a while!

On topic: Found it really plain with a plot so weak you could see the "twists" coming before the writers even thought about it. Though I do agree that the soundtrack is pretty good.

That being said, I might be a bit harsh here so allow me to go into the details of what really bothered me:
  • some of the actors who didn't shine in any way, particularly the one portraying Mariah, Diamondback and surely a few others.
  • the whole police investigation didn't seem to make any sense to me, particularly
    Spoiler
    Show
    everything related to Diamondback's plot to accuse Luke Cage of apparently everything Harlem has suffered from in the last decade and a half
  • and, well,
    Spoiler
    Show
    the whole story involving Diamondback, really. Because don't tell me no one could have put him down before anything really serious happened! Like, why did Cottonmouth put up with his nonsense when killing him most probably meant giving his (mostly) pal Shades control of his organisation?
Anyway, might need another watch to make sure... Will do before season 2/The Defenders.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.