Small magma cubes still escape enclosed rooms.

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
abculatter_2

Small magma cubes still escape enclosed rooms.

Post by abculatter_2 »

I've been working on the sorting system for a nether mob grinder on my server, and, thus far, I have died four times (three of which were after one-humped camel was installed) from small magma cubes escaping a fully enclosed kill zone without diagonal corners, and with the saws above hoppers. I think this is caused by the fact that the kill zone is encased in glass, and the smaller cubes spawn in the glass and hop out, but it happens rarely enough that I have never actually seen it happen.
EDIT: A server-mate has confirmed that this is, indeed, the case.

If it's wanted, I can take pictures of the set-up as soon as I get back to civilization.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Small magma cubes still escape enclosed rooms.

Post by FlowerChild »

The first question I would have with regards to this is whether this was something that previously happened as well before I made any changes to slimes, and simply wasn't really noticed because the small ones didn't do any damage.

If anyone has any experience with that, I'd be much obliged for additional info.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

It is possible, although rare, when the medium sized cubes split, for the small ones to spawn in the blocks adjacent, if it is directly pressed against a block when it dies. Usually this results in immediate suffocation of the tiny magma cube, but in the case of glass, they don't suffocate, and could escape, which is probably what is happening.

The tiny magma cubes actually have always done damage, although a very minute amount (like 1/2 a heart)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

dawnraider wrote:It is possible, although rare, when the medium sized cubes split, for the small ones to spawn in the blocks adjacent, if it is directly pressed against a block when it dies. Usually this results in immediate suffocation of the tiny magma cube, but in the case of glass, they don't suffocate, and could escape, which is probably what is happening.
Thanks, that fills in a fair number of blanks for me as to what's going on there, and looking at the code tends to confirm the above.

I don't believe this is strictly a mod problem, but I'll take a look at what can be done with it.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I'm getting this a lot but with standard slime against my wall. My "home" currently is in a swamp. I don't play any vanilla MC so as stated above I don't know if it is a "normal" vanilla behaviour. Large and medium slime die in fire next to my wall and I often end up with mostly small sometimes medium sized slime appearing either in or near the ladder shaft.

Included are simplified versions of what I've built.
Spoiler
Show
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

By the way, this should be fixed in CE 1.0.0
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!