New Release! (Version 2.93)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (Version 2.93)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 2.93 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added the Anvil.

-Added the Armor Plate as a new item.

-Added Plate Helm, Plate Breastplate, Plate Leggings, and Plate boots as new items.

-Added the Composite Bow.

-Added Broadhead arrow heads, and Broadhead Arrows.

-Added Coal Dust as an item (which can be made from both coal and charcoal)

-Added ability to cook Coal Dust & Hellfire Dust in the Cauldron to create Nethercoal (and removed the old crafting recipe to create Nethercoal). 1 unit of Coal Dust & 4 units of Hellfire Dust are required to create 2 pieces of Nethercoal.

-Added alternate recipe for the Gear Box using wood Panels instead of wood blocks.

-Added ability to melt down rails in the Crucible at 16 to 6 rail to iron conversion ratio.

-Added an option to the config file to disable the mod's minecart tweeks.

-Added ability for Detector block to "see" fully grown wheat occupying the block to the front and below it.

-Added ability for the Crucible to pick up loose objects on top of it.

-Added ability for items to flow over the top of the Cauldron if they can not be swallowed by it (same thing applies to the Crucible).

-Added ability to dye wool in a heated Cauldron at a ratio of 8 wool to 1 dye.

-Added ability to grind flowers in the mill stone to produce dyes.

-Added ability to cook cactus in the Cauldron to produce green dye.

-Added ability to cook sand and gunpowder into TnT in the Cauldron (complete with hazards).

-Added ability to cook string into wool. I'm not sure if this makes much sense, but neither does crafting spider silk into wool to begin with and I was sick of having to manually craft string into wool to save on storage space. Insert magical explanation for what happens to giant-spider-silk when you cook it here :)

-Added ability to render string and wool into glue, but it takes rather massive quantities.

-Added ability for Planters to sprout flowers if left alone without anything planted in them for a long while.

-Added recipe to make torches out of Nethercoal.

-Added Forge version checking. A descriptive error message will now be displayed if you are using an inappropriate version of the Forge with BTW.

-Changed name of the Refined Axe to the "Battle Axe" and increased the damage it does to mobs. The recipe also requires 2 more steel than previously (for the double head). It is now a combination tool/weapon (although not quite as effective as a Longsword as a weapon).

-Changed axes to be effective against cactus.

-Changed Detector Block recipe to use two pieces of lapis (NOT blocks) for the "eyes", instead of 1 block of lapis.

-Changed Cauldron to only produce foul food after the normal cooking time has elapsed (it's no longer instantaneous). This was part of the optimization process involved in the rewrite of the Cauldron code detailed below.

-Changed explosion size when overheating explosive elements in the Cauldron to be proportionate to the quantity involved.

-Changed Steel recipe in Crucible to require Coal Dust and Concentrated Hellfire instead of Nethercoal (this recipe will likely change once again in the future).

-Changed the Hopper filters to work properly on the newer items that I've added to the mod.

-Changed Hibachi recipe to require a piece of glowstone dust in the middle instead of smooth stone.

-Fixed the bouncing on items when they are resting on a filtered Hopper.

-Removed crafting recipe to convert Concentrated Hellfire into Hellfire dust. This was just a debug recipe I accidentally left in the last version.

-Removed ability to grind stone into panels in the Mill Stone, and moved that functionality to the Anvil. This will likely not be their final resting place in the tech-tree, but it's certainly better than them being in the Mill Stone.

-Removed delay for items being picked up on top of the Cauldron.

-Rewrote a lot of the Cauldron code to better structure it and make it easier to add new recipes. I mention this so that players can keep an eye out for any problems that may arise with this functionality. Please let me know if you spot any issues.

-Integrated Version 1.06 of the Forge, and eliminated a few base-class changes as a result. Note that 1.06 or later is *required* for this release of the mod to function

--------------

Note that I'll be leaving for a 2 week (minimum) vacation on Wednesday night (the 31st of August). As a result, if you spot any bugs in this release, please let me know ASAP, or you will likely be stuck with them for awhile ;)

Enjoy! :)
Vongard

Re: New Release! (Version 2.93)

Post by Vongard »

thanks FC for the update i have been looking forward to this as much if not more than 1.8 =P

~Von
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

This should certainly keep me busy for two weeks. Enjoy your time off
Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse »

Such amazing update!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry guys, I accidentally locked the topic while attempting to make it sticky right before heading off to dinner. Just fixed that :)
Speltz

Post by Speltz »

Awesome update, Flower. Really looking forward to trying out the new additions. Have a great vacation, boss.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

FlowerChild wrote:Sorry guys, I accidentally locked the topic while attempting to make it sticky right before heading off to dinner. Just fixed that :)
Curses! You've denied me the chance to come up with all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories on why you'd do such thing! *shakesfist*!

So far though: I'm impressed. The Composite bow especially is very cool - Now if only i had a silk shirt, a horse, some innocent villagers to hunt down, and a bunch of other steves - enough, to say, form a Horde...

A query - Since dispensers currently will not fire Broad-head arrows, can we ever expect a block that would be able to? I'm presuming no, simply because that would require eating up another block id, as cool as a "Heavy" Dispener that fired everything much further would be.

One very neat thing I've just realized: Thanks to how my farm is setup, if i don't manually replant it, it should given time result in a batch of flowers for me to auto-harvest instead, which will all be deposited strait into the millstone (Which in turn can send it's contents strait to a cauldron).

So, yeah, very cool update. Enjoy your vacation!

One final suggestion, and i do apologize if this is a bit forward of me: Can i suggest that someone puts up a sticky warning not to ask when the mod will be compatible for 1.8? Current estimates from mojang put it at being out within 2-3 weeks, and given your own statements, you've mentioned you may still be on holiday then, and thus obviously unable to work on things even if forge, MCP and mod loader updated the same day it released.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Looks awesome, so many new features to try!

Er string gets er polymerised, to ah...synthetic wool, by um...SCIENCE!

Pity I just used up all my lapis making detector blocks, oh well, I was just about to start making steel in my current world.

I'm going to have to build a cauldron blast miner and see how much power we can get by filling it to the brim with hellfire dust or gunpowder.

I'm suspicious of those nethercoal torches, they sound like a requirement for something in future since they are significantly more expensive than regular coal torches.

Edit:
Hmm, the forum has gone silent, I guess everyone is busy playing with the new update, oh well, work is almost done for the day!

Have a great vacation FlowerChild!
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Very very nice FC, enjoy a well deserved vaction! :)
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Sajuuk

Post by Sajuuk »

Flower, you're giving me all the Minecraft I need and want.
:3
Thanks, and hope you enjoy yourself.
[ IGN = Herpingderp ]
Durandir

Post by Durandir »

Awesome! Will play around with this next week. Sadly I am working today and leaving tomorrow, and won't come back till Monday, so I don't have time to update the recipe list until then. Have a great vacation man, you earned it!
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

-Changed explosion size when overheating explosive elements in the Cauldron to be proportionate to the quantity involved.
Time to fill a cauldron with sand and gunpowder and run away very, very quickly.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

KWilt wrote:
Time to fill a cauldron with sand and gunpowder and run away very, very quickly.
Was going to say something similar, but with Hellfire dust and a stoked cauldron. Fill it with 64 stacks of Hellfire dust... I wonder how big the explosion will be... more to the point, i wonder if FC capped the maximum explosion strength.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Great update. I really like the addition of the anvil. Updating some pages of the wiki as I discover stuff.

Speaking of the wiki though; would it be possible to have some kind of anti spam protection for bots? Here you can see all of the spam pages that were blanked out. http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?tit ... ate:Delete . I didn't know if you read the wiki or not but I wanted to bring that to your attention.
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

FC, think of the silk processing as heating & washing it to remove impurities so that just the silk is ready to be spun in bolts of un-dyed cloth.
Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse »

hmmm, how can I make composite bow and plate piece? have been trying with various possible recipes but I have no clue for this time.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Lighthouse wrote:hmmm, how can I make composite bow and plate piece? have been trying with various possible recipes but I have no clue for this time.
Steel + Leather straps on an anvil is the answer for plate pieces. Nice and simple

The bow is a lot more complex - So rather than spoil it, i'll give you a hint - real life composite bows were made out of more than just wood - and you probably need more precisely put together wood than just sticks. Bone, for instance might be a good additional material. . You'll probably need something to help bind it all together as well - Honestly, it's probably the most complicated recipe i've ever seen in the game - i'm sort of confused how yer supposed to figure it out by yer self.
Last edited by Mrchaim on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Nice, I haven't had time to test the changes yer (woke up a few minutes ago) but they certainly sound intriguing. Especially the changes to how many things can be created automatically, lots of new automation potential! :D
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Can you just put the recipes up please MrChaim? I've tried everything I can possibly think of.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

I'm definitely playing me some minecraft tonight! Thanks FC, and enjoy your vacation :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Ok, still don't get it. Got the armor plates but no matter what I place where, no plate. I must just be having an off day...
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

This is all looking very cool! You put all other modders to shame with BTW, FC. Enjoy your vacation; you deserve it.

Sadly, I am not currently in possession of a computer capable of playing Minecraft, or I would start playing with these awesome looking new features right away. Just started college and didn't bring my desktop with me, only my ancient laptop. Oh well. Less distraction is probably a good thing... :/

I guess I will just have a lot more to look forward to when I am again able to play. :)

And I think we will be seeing a bunch of new videos from Battosay soon with all the new automation potential. Just thinking about this is exciting!

Thanks again, Flower, and enjoy your vacation.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse »

It seems all I can get is plate boots, which in irony do not use plate pieces at all.
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Well I can't figure out any of this, so time to call it quits for the day. Again, well done regardless FC and have a good vacation.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Plate Armor requires Steel and Armor Plates.

Helm - Use Steel like a normal helm and also place 1 armor plate as a chin strap.
Leggings - 3 steel across the top, 2 plate down each side for legs.
Breastplate - 6 steel across the bottom, 1 plate on each side for shoulder straps.
Boots - Same as usual boot recipe; just use steel.