[32x][not maintained] Better Than Faithful

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Yhetti

[32x][not maintained] Better Than Faithful

Post by Yhetti »

So after spending lots of time playing with Paint.net, I think my textures are actually good enough to be shared with other people. I am still kind of a noob, but here you guys go....

This Texture pack is a special version of Vattic's Faithful texture pack, modified by jecowa(also credit to Sockthing) to work with Better Than Wolves, then modified again my me.

My goal was to take the faithful style, and make if "fit" Better Than Wolves a little better. I focused on being realistic, and made some changes to various items/blocks to fit the differences that Better Than Wolves has with vanilla Minecraft.

REPO

The GUI is totally different, and I am working on changing all of the GUI, most menus have been changed, but there are some that I have't gotten to yet.

Fixed download thanks to Sockthing :) -Dawn
Download

Original download link:
Spoiler
Show
Screenshots
If you don't want to be surprised, then don't click here:
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImageImage
Changes from Vattic's
  • Added whatever missing textures I could find.
  • Buttons...GUI backgrounds....etc.
  • All HUD items attempt to portray the player as evil, instead of good.
  • Added a really shitty main menu title, don't judge...
  • The Mojang logo is now glorious...
  • Connected Textures Mod.
  • Random mob textures for MCPatcher!
  • The sun and moon are circular, and frankly, kind of pretty.
  • Deco textures (with CTM).
  • Six's research bench textures.
  • Stone tools are textured in the "stone age" style.
  • Clay is red. Deal with it.
  • Diode textures contain gold, since they are made with gold.
  • The Nether Wart item texture looks cooler imo.
  • Iron and Diamond swords are visually different, because they are made of lighter metals.
  • Chocolate looks more like an actual chocolate bar, because over the years Steve has mastered the art of candy-making.
  • Pumpkins have no face, but Jack-o-Lantern's do (because if you go look out in your garden, you won't find any pumpkins with naturally occurring faces...it bothered me).
  • Crafting bench has no tools on the sides(also bothered me).
  • Grass looks a bit different, this was just a personal preference, if you guys want, I will just change it back.
  • I did my best with the flowers....
  • Lapis, Hellfire, Ender, Redstone, and Purple blocks all have a similar texture, this makes decorating with them a little more interesting.
  • The Soulforged steel texture was fixed, jecowa's texture didn't have the soul imprint on it.
  • Changed the enchantment table texture a bit, since it is no longer made with obsidian.
  • Animated Paper Lantern texture of course.
  • I haven't actually kept good track of my changes, so there are likely things that I've missed.
Credits
  • Flowerchild, for thematic inspiration.
  • The Faithful team.
  • jecowa.
  • Sockthing.
  • Me!

As with everything I post here, feel free to make suggestions, complain about things, etc. This texture-pack is yours to mess with, redistribute(I would like some credit though), etc.
Last edited by Yhetti on Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
djdori11

Re: [32x] Better Than Faithful

Post by djdori11 »

Awesome! This is exactly the texture pack I've been wanting.
Thank you!
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

looks like the steel presure plate texture is missing. The same happened in the previous incarnations of the pack.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Skyewarper let me know that the link in the OP is down. And as luck might have it I still had a version on my pc. I don't know how up to date it is, but it includes some deco textures from back when Yhetti maintained the deco add-on (These need to be renamed to work with dawn's deco-addon).

Download
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

oh man I'm only a little late seeing this but there should be an up to date version on my github https://github.com/cyates559/better-than-faithful
Yhetti

Re: [32x][not maintained] Better Than Faithful

Post by Yhetti »

I decided to push a bunch to the repo. I might update more later.