Sorry for the delay

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay

Post by FlowerChild »

Just wanted to post a brief apology for the delay in the upcoming release. It's a couple of days behind what I announced it would be (although it was probably an error on my part to state an intended release time to begin with).

I'm actually leaving on my much delayed vacation Wednesday night, and I've been trying to put together one last release for you guys to play with before I disappear completely for a couple of weeks, so there's been the constant temptation to slip in "just one more little thing" before putting it out.

That's resulted in it growing quite a bit beyond what I had originally intended. No massive new features this time, but just a lot of little touches that I think long term users of the mod will appreciate.

Anyways, just wanted to give you guys an update on where that's at right now. I think I finally have something I'm satisfied with, I just need to run a few more tests and finish integrating a few aspects of the newest forge release, so hopefully I'll be able to get this out early tomorrow.
BigShinyToys

Re: Sorry for the delay

Post by BigShinyToys »

I'm Still working on my Hell Mill so no need to do a rush job. If you can't get it up to you're standard before you're Well deserved holiday We will understand.

On a side note Australia is a nice place to go At this time of year.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nah, there's no question about the quality, it's just the quantity of stuff I keep letting seep in that's caused the delay :)

As for my destination, I'm just returning to my home town to visit with old friends for a couple of weeks. I've traveled around enough in my life, that I'm not generally into visiting new places on vacation. Traveling is more the norm for me, whereas returning home is the exception :)
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Tsk gods don't need to apologise to their worshipers.

But it's nice that you did it anyway :)

Keep up the good work and have fun on your holiday ^^

And no Australia isn't the best place to visit right now. It's the tail end of winter here so it's still cold D: (well not cold compared to a northern hemisphere winter but meh, and of course northern australia is probably warm)
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Turret voice: "We dont blame you" *Blam blam blam*

More serious: I had wondered, but more out of curiosity. Looking forward to seeing what you've put in. Also out of curiosity: Are we going to get patch notes for the Pottery update, or do you feel they'd be unnecessary at this point?

In any case, enjoy your holiday and I'm sure we all solemnly swear to not burn down the forums and rampage across the vast plains of the internet while you're gone.

...Right guys? Guys?
M!C

Post by M!C »

Mrchaim wrote:In any case, enjoy your holiday and I'm sure we all solemnly swear to not burn down the forums and rampage across the vast plains of the internet while you're gone.

...Right guys? Guys?
Hey, there's still sargunster and Battosay to keep everyone in line. ;)
(or they'll lead the rampage, who knows?)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Don't worry about it; as opposed to the fanbase of some popular mods out there, we're well aware that if something has been delayed you tend to just be adding more fun things in the extra time. Things like rabbit hats. Everyone likes having their updates delayed for huge periods to get rabbit hats.

...well maybe not rabbit hats.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

You deserve a break and a vacation FC, so go take one and we'll be here when you get back.
-DR
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Hey FC go on vacation already... Your updates are coming in so fast that I need to play 24/7 to keep up...
Adjudicator79

Post by Adjudicator79 »

Seriously! I only get a few hours of play time a week at the best of times, and the semester just started up again and I'm back to teaching all week, so I have even less now. I'm still converting to deal with 2.92.

Go ahead and enjoy your vacation. We'll be content torturing trapped souls from the Nether until you get back.

And with that wonderful statement, I'm off to teach my Terrorism & the Law course!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Seems interesting :)
And you don't have to appologize ;)
Have fun back home !
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Have fun!
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

I have a brake playing minecraft atm but just wanna ask what the hell has got into you that you are apologizing for this :s
Anyone who thinks that you should apologize is a egoistical prick. I think everyone here on these forums are happy with what you are doing and that noone minds you taking a very well deserved vacation. It is just awesome what you keep coming up with here to entertain us while the only thing we can give back is you seeing the fruits of your labor and having this awesome little community.

I hope you have a good time back home and that you can recharge the ol battery.
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

Nice, I really look forward to it FC. :)
Will this be the 3.0 release?

In any case thanks for all the hard work in advance, and enjoy your holiday. ;)

::: Emma :::
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

My only complaint is why you haven't already taken your vacation?

Seriously, though. There really shouldn't be much worry about updating mods unless mod-makers indefinitely plan on adding a massive change within the next few weeks. With the 1.8 update, nobody knows how much it will blow the modding system out of the water. So if you do release something soon, who knows when it will really be used on a massive scale.

That aside, though, get out of here. Now. We don't like you. (Lies.) You were adopted. (Hopefully more lies.) You need a vacation to ease your mind. (That's a truth. I think.) A vacation to Hell. (Honest opinion, but only because winter is coming and I'm sure you don't want snow.)

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

emmasteadman wrote:Will this be the 3.0 release?
Considering FC said
FlowerChild wrote:No massive new features this time, but just a lot of little touches that I think long term users of the mod will appreciate.
I'm pretty sure it will not be 3.0 release.

And yeah, no need to apologise, though keeping people updated of the progress is definatell nice.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, I'm all done integrating the new version of Forge and the couple of other details I wanted to get in.

But....

Must...add...one...more...feature...

;)
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

dang it your such a tease!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok, I'm all done integrating the new version of Forge and the couple of other details I wanted to get in.

But....

;)
Damn, i can't wait for this new release :D Are you willing to tell us if the tallow we've been collecting will have any use in this update? :D
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok, I'm all done integrating the new version of Forge and the couple of other details I wanted to get in.

But....

;)
Eh, that's a good sign if you can't stop yourself from adding more to the mod before you even recharge your batteries. You still got the spark. I better be prepared for when you come back, the release rate might get a bit crazy!
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Ok FC, but that's it! No more features after this one until after vacation! I mean it, young man! ;)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

But....

;)
FEATURE CREEP! FEATURE CREEP!
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

finite8 wrote:
FEATURE CREEP! FEATURE CREEP!
FEATURE CREEP!

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

finite8 wrote: FEATURE CREEP! FEATURE CREEP!
Hehe...yeah, you're absolutely right ;)

Anyways, I'm putting this fucker to bed. Going to wrap it up, test install it on a release copy of Minecraft, and put it out.

I didn't get the very last thing I wanted into it, but I can do that when I get back :)
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Any chance you'll tell us what the planned feature was before your vacation?