Rest in Paradise, Monty Oum

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gears

Rest in Paradise, Monty Oum

Post by Gears »

A few weeks ago, the entertainment industry took a pretty big loss.

On January 21st, Monty Oum was hospitalized after a severe allergic reaction during a medical procedure placed him into a coma. He died two weeks later, on the first of February.

For those that don't know, Monty Oum was one of the lead animators for Red vs Blue, as well as the creator and lead animator for the CGI anime RWBY. In addition, he was the creator of various fan animations, such as Haloid and the Dead Fantasy series.

His work with Haloid and Red vs Blue were some of the driving inspirations that led me to pursue animation. The dude was extremely talented and amazingly down to earth, and I deeply regret never having the opportunity to meet him. However, I believe that his work will continue to live on and share in the awesomeness that was Monty Oum.

Rest in Paradise, Monty. You were an amazing animator, writer, and person. Although you are no longer with us, your memories will live on through the creations you have given us, as well as all of the lives that you have impacted.

FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
Daisjun

Re: Rest in Paradise, Monty Oum

Post by Daisjun »

Yeah I was pretty shocked when I heard. I initially thought it was a joke when I saw they'd posted a tribute video to him. Such a ridiculously talented guy.

'Monty, I'm not attracted to dudes, but if I had a boner for you, it's really trying right now' - Gavin Free
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I was shocked too. I loved that guy, he was a huge talent.. There was a google docs memorial too..

I have seen a lot of things in my life, but the action sequences in Dead Fantasy 2 were the best I've ever seen, anywhere..

Such a bummer too, it was an allergic reaction that took him..

Rest in peace Monty..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Totally ruined my day a week ago when I found out.

I've been following Monty Oum since Haloid. Words cannot describe the loss.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."