Welcome to Night Vale

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gears

Welcome to Night Vale

Post by Gears »

So over the past month and a half, my friend and I have been listening to this podcast called "Welcome to Night Vale" on the way to class.

The basis of the podcast is it's a community radio show based in a desert town called Night Vale, where the host describes Lovecraftian horrors going on in the town as daily occurrences, like angels revealing themselves to an old woman and taking salt for a godly mission, an interview with the faceless old woman who lives in your house, and a five headed dragon named Hiram McDaniels being arrested for insurance fraud.

The podcast is downloadable on their iTunes page here, and you can check out their website at commonplacebooks.com

Any of you guys listen to the podcast?
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
EpicAaron

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Post by EpicAaron »

I'll be honest, I have completely lost interest in the latest episodes. It feels like they have collapsed under the weight of their now massive fan base and have begun introducing vast amounts of references to past jokes and fan service to the episodes.

EDIT: Word Choice
Last edited by EpicAaron on Sat May 24, 2014 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I actually just started listening to them a few days ago. They're pretty fun so far, but the sheer coincidence of it showing up here right after I found it elsewhere is kinda funny to me :P
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Gears

Post by Gears »

EpicAaron wrote:I'll be honest, I have completely lost interest in the latest episodes. It feels like they have collapsed under the weight of their now massive fan base and have begun introducing vast amounts of references to past jokes and fan service to the episodes.

EDIT: Word Choice
We've been going one episode every two days, so I'm still fairly behind, but I haven't noticed that much fan service beyond Hiram McDaniels running for mayor.
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

I'm a fan! Love podcasts, and this one came highly recommended. I'm only about ten episodes in, disappointing to hear that the quality might taper off as it's currently great. Just the right mix of creepy and funny.