Crafting tables and furnaces feel inconsistent

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
gaga654

Crafting tables and furnaces feel inconsistent

Post by gaga654 »

It feels odd that crafting tables and furnaces don't give me the item back when I break them, even if I use the correct tool. I know that you did this to enforce the idea that they are permanent workstations and make us put thought into where we put them, but it seems very inconsistent with other machines. I can break my saw, millstone, or hopper and replace it as much as I want, but not my crafting table? It is not an uncommon occurrence that I am rearranging or building things, happily moving around gearboxes and machines and whatnot, when I forget and accidentally break my crafting table.

It makes sense in the early game since wood and stone are resources that are in demand, but later it just feels more like a slight annoyance than anything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Crafting tables and furnaces feel inconsistent

Post by FlowerChild »

I do not entirely disagree, but in the late game the resources involved are trivial, and much of the functionality is taken over by other blocks (Cauldron, Kiln, Anvil).

So, to me it's an acceptable trade-off in order to promote more interesting early game play.