Where is Steve in his quest for automation?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Lenburg1

Where is Steve in his quest for automation?

Post by Lenburg1 »

It has been a good while since the hardcore changes have been added so I figure many people have started if they are not well into automating their factories. So I have been very curious of how much everyone has automated? What are you working on? What are your plans? At the moment, I am working on the item processing plant for my mob trap. I have finished the section that breaks the bows down into shafts and string and then melts the iron tools down into ingots and am now working on the part that processes rotten arrows into flint, witch wands whose black magic will be eaten by the crucible, and bones which will be made into bonemeal. After finishing the rest of the item processing factory, I will either take on the ender dragon so that I can get the next tech level, or I might make a pottery turning/kiln system that will take advantage of hardcore packing instead of using block dispensers to place the clay blocks (I did the traditional block dispenser method in my old save back before the hardcore changes so I kinda want to change it up a bit).
Dreambolt

Re: Where is Steve in his quest for automation?

Post by Dreambolt »

Well after a nasty set back (my computer died and while I thought I had managed to save my back up. It was corrupted and most of my world was permanently lost.) Last week I had managed to stumble across a strong hold and collect enough endereyes to get to the end and build my anvil!

Then between yesterday and today I have built an automated soul grinder/ trapper, auto turn table, and an auto kiln. Now I'm working on my mob traps. I haven't bothered to build any yet but the over world shell is almost up and I'm cordoning off a section of the nether. Once I'm done that I'll work on building more rails and soul forged steel.

It's really wonderful to have my automated stuff back.
SterlingRed

Re: Where is Steve in his quest for automation?

Post by SterlingRed »

I started a new world after the early game changes were done. I also had some changes in my rl priorities and free time. Since then, I've been playing a few hours a month to kill time here and there when I'm not otherwise preoccupied. As you can imagine, progression is very slow. But! The other day I finally got myself a blaze rod, which unlocks the hibachi for me. I have some extensive free time coming up in a few weeks and I anticipate being able to automate kiln and chickens, and get a good start on moving my base from spawn to the spot I want to build a mob farm. I have currently automated Dung production and milestones.