Download Youtube Videos

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rawny

Download Youtube Videos

Post by Rawny »

I'm not certain if the following is sad for me or a compliment to everyone here but this is the part of the weeeb I trust the most.

I've looked around but most places, extensions and software just feel and look sketchy. Can anybody recommend me a way to reliably download videos (even long and HD ones) from YouTube?

thanks
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
DNoved1

Re: Download Youtube Videos

Post by DNoved1 »

Back when I had the worst of internets (making youtube unplayable), I would use keepvid.

It requires java, and java will complain because it's not signed, but so far as I can tell it's never caused me any problems.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

The three different methods I use are:

http://keepvid.com/
http://www.clipconverter.cc/

& this extension for forcing videos to use the HTML5 player. It comes with a download button.

I've used clipconverter the most, and, so long as my net was working, have been able to download 720p videos that were 40 minutes long. Took forever, but it worked.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Miss_Kat wrote:& this extension for forcing videos to use the HTML5 player. It comes with a download button.
Wow, this extension is bang on and works great. Not only that, its from the Chrome extension site and the list of permissions it uses are minimal (unlike the others I've tried which needed access to everything and a DNA sample) and so I feel at ease.

TY!

EDIT: and its so good I'm afraid that it'll get taken away so if you go here you can enter the web address of the extension and download its install file (x.crx). You can then re-install that extension by dragging and dropping the file into the Chrome Settings Extensions page.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Glad to have been of help!

I don't think you have to worry about it going away - I think it's been around for a while?
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Jdownloader. Careful with the installer though. It tries to install some stupid crap. Also, JDownloader cannot be run at the same time as Photoshop. Causes Photoshop to crash on Cut/Drag operations. No idea why. It's my goto. Flashgot for Firefox also seems solid. It's certainly used by enough people and I haven't had problems with it. Even integrates with JDownloader for Flash Video that JDownloader can't extract from the URL alone.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

If you use firefox, the download helper extension is what I use for years now ;]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Really guys? Sharing methods for stealing people's youtube videos? Not cool.