Edolas 2.0 [4.99999A0F Marsupial?!]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Prof_Ion

Edolas 2.0 [4.99999A0F Marsupial?!]

Post by Prof_Ion »

I am reviving Edolas with the help of a sponsor who is cooler than digi ;) . Basically he was kind enough to sponsor this server so we could keep Edolas alive!
Same rules as always were before. Server friendly co-op no greifing or any other bullshit like cheating, or general assholery.
All hardcore modes are turned on. So if you die suck it up, and get back to your base. The world is well enough developed most of the HCS range has a base or shack at least close to it. (Or so I think, there have been a few cases that people have HCSed in an undeveloped area.)

A few things to keep in mind.
This is the old world from the original Edolas Server.
It is HUGE. 4GBs or somewhere close to that.
It is old and people have worked VERY hard on it. Don't fuck our stuff up.
It is old and people worked VERY hard to get their resources. So respect that even if they don't appear to be around anymore.
This server is my Baby as it is for most of our players some of us who have been playing on it for two years and some even longer. Respect our efforts and leave shit alone.
My OPs ban FIRST and ask questions LATER! Keep that in mind. If you get banned and aren't sure why PM me here on the forums.

A few rules to keep in mind.
Don't be 'that guy'
Don't be a total dick, or do general dickish things. (building penises is okay though)
Use respect. For others and their stuff.
Don't piss me or the OPs off.
Don't ask for OPs. I know who I want for OPs, and I don't want people who pester me.

Doing any of the above will result in ban.

If you are not whitelisted please be sure to post here, and ask. You pretty much have to be a member of the forums, and have more than one post, and said post must be something worth posting. I basically will use your posting history to get a feel for whether or not I trust you enough to let you on my server.

IP: edolas.icyopolis.com:25667

TS IP: profion.noip.me
TS pass: PM me for it
IRC: #Edolas
Also for a whitelist on the server you must fill out this questionnaire
Spoiler
Show
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About you:
Pirates or Ninjas?
Bannanas or Apples?
Shinies or Pretties?

Your environment:
Is your fridge running?
Does your vacuum suck?
How many fans do you have?
Where is your biggest fan?

Skill Questions:
How many types of people understand binary?
What kind of bra does Ariel wear?
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?
What do you dilute your water with?
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?
A chicken attacks you. What do you do first?
a.Throw broth at him like it was holy water?
b.Take an egg hostage?
c.Whip out a KFC container and look menacing.

MC related Questions:
What comes first, pretty or functionality?
Mobtrap or Mining?
Baked potatoes or Steak?
What kind of biome is prefered building land?
Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road?

Code version of that for those of you who want to keep the bolds.
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

[b]About you:[/b]
Pirates or Ninjas? 
Bannanas or Apples?
Shinies or Pretties?

[b]Your environment:[/b]
Is your fridge running?
Does your vacuum suck?
How many fans do you have?
Where is your biggest fan?

[b]Skill Questions:[/b]
How many types of people understand binary?
What kind of bra does Ariel wear?
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?
What do you dilute your water with?
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?
A chicken attacks you. What do you do first?
a.Throw broth at him like it was holy water?
b.Take an egg hostage?
c.Whip out a KFC container and look menacing.

[b]MC related Questions:[/b]
What comes first, pretty or functionality?
Mobtrap or Mining?
Baked potatoes or Steak?
What kind of biome is prefered building land?
Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road?

Last edited by Prof_Ion on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
EpicAaron

Re: Edolas 2.0

Post by EpicAaron »

I have heard a lot about this server ever since it was created such a long time ago. With a re-opening on the horizon, now may be the best opportunity to hop on and see what this community has created and what I can contribute myself. If I qualify for the whitelist, my IGN is EpicAaron29.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

EpicAaron29 added to the whitelist. Enjoy your stay and avoid letting the groth kill you. ;)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I'd like to join if you don't mind. euphanized09 is my IGN
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I planned to make a visit for the opening, but sadly got lost on the sofa with the tv on after dinner. :P Sorry about that. I'm glad to see that Edolas still lives though, and know it is in good hands with Prof_Ion! =)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Rianaru wrote:I'd like to join if you don't mind. euphanized09 is my IGN
Added to the whitelist welcome aboard. :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

version of BTW is the latest yes?

A short while later:

Z_Evil

Post by Z_Evil »

I think I would be interested in joining, it is good to see a fresh server up.
I am sorry for my lack of posts on these forums. I understand this could be considered something to keep a careful eye on. I have actually hosted servers in the past (normal minecraft), so I know the fears. I hope I hear back fairly soon if I am accepted :o
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Z_Evil wrote:I think I would be interested in joining, it is good to see a fresh server up.
I am sorry for my lack of posts on these forums. I understand this could be considered something to keep a careful eye on. I have actually hosted servers in the past (normal minecraft), so I know the fears. I hope I hear back fairly soon if I am accepted :o
This is not a fresh server man, this world has been alive for 3+ years, and the server has been alive even longer.
Okay so your lack of posts concerns me as you expected. I do not know you, nor do I have anybody vouching for you. This means you lose a lot of points. Being this is only your second post and your other is also pertaining to a server, I am gonna have to say no, at least not until you have made enough posts for me to be able to judge your character. There is just way to much time invested in this world to take risks.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I would love to be a part of your community. I'm not sure if I'd add anything, but I am interested in viewing the sights. I'm intrigued by a few building styles being used on the server, and I'd enjoy getting a closer look at them, to influence my own style.

IGN: alexkrupski

If sightseeing is not allowed, I'll understand.
Z_Evil

Post by Z_Evil »

Prof_Ion wrote:
Z_Evil wrote:I think I would be interested in joining, it is good to see a fresh server up.
This is not a fresh server man, this world has been alive for 3+ years, and the server has been alive even longer.
Okay so your lack of posts concerns me as you expected. I do not know you, nor do I have anybody vouching for you. This means you lose a lot of points. Being this is only your second post and your other is also pertaining to a server, I am gonna have to say no, at least not until you have made enough posts for me to be able to judge your character. There is just way to much time invested in this world to take risks.
Fair enough, and thanks for clarifying. The way it sounded to be was it was a new world (due to the 2.0). Have a fun time ^-^
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Z_Evil wrote:
Prof_Ion wrote:
Fair enough, and thanks for clarifying. The way it sounded to be was it was a new world (due to the 2.0). Have a fun time ^-^
Glad you understand. IF you get your post count up and don't get banned we will talk again. Alright?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Rob wrote:I would love to be a part of your community. I'm not sure if I'd add anything, but I am interested in viewing the sights. I'm intrigued by a few building styles being used on the server, and I'd enjoy getting a closer look at them, to influence my own style.

IGN: alexkrupski

If sightseeing is not allowed, I'll understand.
Welcome aboard man. Sightseeing is perfectly fine man. If you ever want to get into building and such, let someone know most of us are really good sharing ;)
Idrick

Post by Idrick »

I'd definitely like to come aboard when I get lonely on my very empty server. IGN is wduncanf.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

I'd definitely like to join if possible, although I may or may not be up to whitelist standards (only 54 posts before this, trying to be as helpful as possible, but not nearly as much as others I'm sure). I've downloaded the world on my main computer and it looks like it would be fun to build somewhere on the map, and try to survive living there.

Also, since I'm a little behind in the gaming lingo apparently: IGN (besides the website) means in game name, right?
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Yes, IGN is your in game name. The one that is needed to whitelist you.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Idrick wrote:I'd definitely like to come aboard when I get lonely on my very empty server. IGN is wduncanf.
Added to the whitelist. (regardless of forum activity you have been active enough in the IRC for me to know enough about you to trust you.) Welcome aboard :D

matty79321 wrote:
Yeah IGN is in game name, and I need that to whitelist you man. :P I will check into your post history and such while I await your IGN.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

I thought so. Its matty79321. Thanks for the help, guys.
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

matty79321 wrote:I thought so. Its matty79321. Thanks for the help, guys.
matty79321 added to the whitelist. Welcome aboard :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Is there an area that new players can build up where the world hasn't been stripped of resources, and isn't taken up by bases already? Normally I'd just explore till I found one, but that would take a few hours and this quarter is kinda busy :( Also thought there might be a specific area/portal for new players to set up, with the relaunch and all, is this the case?

A short while later:

Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Rianaru wrote:Is there an area that new players can build up where the world hasn't been stripped of resources, and isn't taken up by bases already? Normally I'd just explore till I found one, but that would take a few hours and this quarter is kinda busy :( Also thought there might be a specific area/portal for new players to set up, with the relaunch and all, is this the case?
Well FlowerChild and I both did HCS runs on Edolas the other day. Basically we jumped off of a building and kinda went where the Algorithm took us. We both ended up in separate uninhabited areas. So you might be surprised by how close you can find a livable area. Also If you ask someone on the server I am sure they can guide you to a spot that would work.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Yeah I did that and landed in someones base, so I guess I'll give it another try, thanks.

A short while later:

matty79321

Post by matty79321 »

Hm.. Idk if its a mp bug or a btw bug or feature, but hcs didn't work too well for me. spawned me in the same base both times. Granted, I tried to hcs twice within the same minute, and there might be something within the code to prevent you from doing that.
Rob

Post by Rob »

matty79321 wrote:Hm.. Idk if its a mp bug or a btw bug or feature, but hcs didn't work too well for me. spawned me in the same base both times. Granted, I tried to hcs twice within the same minute, and there might be something within the code to prevent you from doing that.
The feature has a timer on it to keep players from exploiting it. I think it's 20 minutes.