Notch is back at It again Better than food eating animation

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BigShinyToys

Notch is back at It again Better than food eating animation

Post by BigShinyToys »

minecraft forums wrote:PAX is going on all weekend long! Here, we will be providing updates to all the various Minecraft and Mojang-related goings-on, with on-site access by MCF's own WedTM! Check this thread (and our Twitter) frequently for updates!

Going on right now: We will begin coverage of events in a few hours!

Update - The live-stream is currently down!

What's happened today: Notch is live-streaming some 1.8 footage, check it out!

Confirmed so far:

* cobwebs

* endermen
* new lighting
* experience orbs
* rivers
* food-eating animation
* 1.8 will add Creative Mode
* Creative Mode will have flight

Click here to see photos from PAX!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/

Notch is back to his bad coding ways too bad i had such high hopes he would pick up his act . ow well
Last edited by BigShinyToys on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FurkeyRefills

Re: Notch is back at It again Better than food eating animat

Post by FurkeyRefills »

I like the new food animation a lot but it seems that 1.8 is going to be half arsed like all the other updates :/
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Liking how generated villages are not on the list. Isn't that the most anticipated part of 1.8? Beyond giant mushrooms ofc.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Stormweaver wrote:Liking how generated villages are not on the list. Isn't that the most anticipated part of 1.8? Beyond giant mushrooms ofc.
I'd blame that on minecraft forum people. The villages are clearly visible in the livestream video.
M!C

Post by M!C »

BigShinyToys wrote: Notch is back to his bad coding ways too bad i had such high hopes he would pick up his act . ow well
Did you get a look at his new code? No you didn't. I still agree with the rest of what you said though.
RHCPepperfan

Post by RHCPepperfan »

Hmm, I'm kinda happy with whats coming up in 1.8. The new lightning engine looks fantastic and even gives a better performance. I also like the new dungeons, the new terrains, the biomes, it all looks great. I'm only a bit worried how those villages are gonna work out.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

RHCPepperfan wrote:I'm only a bit worried how those villages are gonna work out.
And on the bright side, those are confirmed to be totally optional. Or for alternate fun, if we really don't like them there's always Fire and TNT.
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Saw some Endermen in the Livestream, too bad he died from a Zombie. Honestly it looks like he's been doing a lot of visual tweaks.

I think Minecraft is going to look way better after 1.8, and also it seems that movement and fighting may be more fun now.
RHCPepperfan

Post by RHCPepperfan »

KriiEiter wrote:Saw some Endermen in the Livestream, too bad he died from a Zombie. Honestly it looks like he's been doing a lot of visual tweaks.

I think Minecraft is going to look way better after 1.8, and also it seems that movement and fighting may be more fun now.
Definatly.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I'm hoping for some optimisation if nothing more than we've seen so far.

Thinking about villages, assuming they can grow (as all good villages should) and claim terrain and whatnot, is anyone else tempted to stand just far away enough so only half the village is actually loaded - then AFK/somnia it up and watch coding failure happen? hehe, predicting bugs is fun. Notch really does need to disentangle some of the coding so the word can be simulated without the game's graphics being rendered slowing it down. (source; somnia mod)
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

what im hoping for is the terrain generator has less bugs, i sometimes get something like this:
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Rugaard on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Endermen... drop... diamonds...

I so hope that's only for the PAX demo and not something that will make it into the real release.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
M!C

Post by M!C »

Rugaard wrote:what im hoping for is the terrain generator has less bugs, i sometimes get something like this:
Did you per chance break your level.dat? That would be an explanation because then it starts using a different seed for terrain generation as can be seen in your picture.
Urian wrote:Endermen... drop... diamonds...

I so hope that's only for the PAX demo and not something that will make it into the real release.
You're not alone...
Urian

Post by Urian »

A positive change regarding drops though is that zombies finally drop a unique item (rotten flesh) instead of feathers. Now to see if the item has any actual uses...
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I kinda like the food animation, since food is stackable, it makes sense, this way people won't be able to heal themselves as fast as they can rightclick.
Urian wrote:A positive change regarding drops though is that zombies finally drop a unique item (rotten flesh) instead of feathers. Now to see if the item has any actual uses...
If not, FC will find one ;)
Urian wrote:Endermen... drop... diamonds...

Holly crap ... yeah, me too.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Notch..

What happened to fixing bugs?
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Brethern wrote:Notch..

I'm sure in adding all this coding, he's not fixed a single bug. I mean, that'd be ludicrous.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

KWilt wrote:

I'm sure in adding all this coding, he's not fixed a single bug. I mean, that'd be ludicrous.
That's probably true, sadly enough. Bugfixing is boring, but adding new features is fun. He made his money, hes only in it for fun/murder prevention now. lol
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

M!C wrote:
Rugaard wrote:what im hoping for is the terrain generator has less bugs, i sometimes get something like this:
Did you per chance break your level.dat? That would be an explanation because then it starts using a different seed for terrain generation as can be seen in your picture.

im not sure how i can do that since that world was freshly generated
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

BinoAl wrote:
KWilt wrote:

That's probably true, sadly enough. Bugfixing is boring, but adding new features is fun. He made his money, hes only in it for fun/murder prevention now. lol
I think that was Sarcasm Bino ol pal, :) I am certain he's got bug fixes coming down the pipeline. Though I'm starting to loose my faith in Notch now, all the money went to his head and now he just doesn't care. In his interviews he's always talked about how he never finishes his own projects, guess we have to look to Jeb to breathe life into vMC and bring us nice toys instead of crap we don't or need.

Though I am looking forward to the new lighting engine, the new terrain generation and some of that stuff. But an XP bar? Skill points? Really? What in the blood blazes is he doing turning this into his own personally version of Elder Scrolls? What's the point of adding this stuff in now if it's not finished? And he said it wasn't.. no NPC's in 1.8 because they aren't done, and nothing to actually spend skill points on? I don't know this just has me plain worried.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
M!C

Post by M!C »

Damion Rayne wrote: no NPC's in 1.8 because they aren't done, and nothing to actually spend skill points on? I don't know this just has me plain worried.
I think NPCs will be in 1.8 but aren't in the PAX demo. That's what Notch said in one of those lifestreams at least.
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

M!C wrote:
Damion Rayne wrote: no NPC's in 1.8 because they aren't done, and nothing to actually spend skill points on? I don't know this just has me plain worried.
I think NPCs will be in 1.8 but aren't in the PAX demo. That's what Notch said in one of those lifestreams at least.
Well in truth it was simply, "Where are the NPC's? as asked by Carl Manneh, and Notch went "They aren't done yet" on the live stream, so we'll see.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
M!C

Post by M!C »

Damion Rayne wrote:
M!C wrote:
Well in truth it was simply, "Where are the NPC's? as asked by Carl Manneh, and Notch went "They aren't done yet" on the live stream, so we'll see.
Hope must have driven me to interprete it differently ;)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Maybe im the only one who thinks this, but i don't want NPC's, i like being the only one in the world to do as i please, besides the fact that they will be buggy as hell, and undoubtedly similar to wolves if you get in their way
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

I can only hope Jeb and Notch have taken pages from the Millenarie mod, as that is a pretty awesome mod.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development