Most fun I have had in a long time

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Nepocrates

Most fun I have had in a long time

Post by Nepocrates »

Not sure I tried this before I got lured into the the industrial craft and there like, but I finally got this working.

WOW!!! I have not laughed so hard and had so much fun only living at most 3 days before my many deaths. The frustration and the cruelty of the game early on is great!

my first spawn was in a jungle and I was determined to make it work. I now have a little base that I can work from when the spider are not killing me. In a strange bit of luck I have a pit of lava I am using for light. I cannot tell you how many time I have died here. I will make this work though.

The funniest and most tragic moment I had was when I lasted 3 days I was hunting for some food. Just a bit away I saw pig go over a little hill. I followed only to see my meal get nabbed by a squid. Determined not to lose my only meal in a day I went to attack the squid. Note to self always look for the squids friends. Needless to say the squids ate well that day.

Thanks for the great mod it has brought back my interest in the game and has made it fun again!
CreeperCannibal

Re: Most fun I have had in a long time

Post by CreeperCannibal »

"haha noob" :) Glad to see you're enjoying BTW. You've yet barely scratched the surface of the mod (game) so there's much more enjoyment left to come.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

Nepocrates wrote:In a strange bit of luck I have a pit of lava I am using for light.
I recently discovered the value of lava as light when I spawned near an abandoned village. I holed up in the blacksmith's (which has a lava source) and as I was digging underneath for cobble and ore I would make a path for the lava to follow me so I didn't need torches.

Good to see you're not upset about dying. There's lots of other fun ways to do that.
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

Haha I can't help noticing that everybody who tries BTW starts out thinking they can run around outside at night. Noobs. Glad you're having fun man :)
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Haha, thats quite funny man :)
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Haha, thats quite funny man :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nepocrates wrote:Thanks for the great mod it has brought back my interest in the game and has made it fun again!
Thanks man! Always happy to meet a kindred spirit :)
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

To add to the thread, I just had one of these moments with the new gameplay mechanics and all that, but it could be considered spoilers so here you go:
Spoiler
Show
droped down into a cave and 3 creepers tried to rush me, I had my shears on my hand and I was quick enough to grab the shears and chop all of their "balls", I just started laughting really loud, it was an epic moment.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
0player

Post by 0player »

You seem to be quick to ...prune. Remember me to never upset you.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, we had a spam bot last night that made it onto the forums, necroed a couple of dead threads, and posted an ad in one, and I of course deleted all the associated posts to prevent those posts bumping old threads for no good reason.

Thanks for making sure the bot's efforts were not futile, and mine were, by posting the above afterwards :P
Rob

Post by Rob »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, we had a spam bot last night that made it onto the forums, necroed a couple of dead threads, and posted an ad in one, and I of course deleted all the associated posts to prevent those posts bumping old threads for no good reason.

Thanks for making sure the bot's efforts were not futile, and mine were, by posting the above afterwards :P
At first read I thought he was also referring to you, FC, when he mentioned pruning. But then I re-read the post above him. The spoiler is about shearing three creepers, point blank, before they exploded. And decided the pruning reference was about that. Maybe I assumed incorrectly.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Referencing a deleted post me thinks.

But then, I can't delete posts to avoid disruption by say spam bots, because then people will comment on the deletion causing further disruption, and then people will comment on the comments about the comments on the deletion, and it all ends in extreme body modification.

<sobs>
Rob

Post by Rob »

It's a vicious cycle, FC. Because, now I'm commenting toward your comment on a comment about a comment that referenced a comment a spam bot posted that you deleted. <head explodes>
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rob wrote:<head explodes>
See? Extreme body modification. Totally called it.