Building Mid Game

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DNoved1

Re: Building Mid Game

Post by DNoved1 »

I'd love to discuss this topic in more depth, in another thread.
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

DNoved1 wrote:I'm curious whether you consider a redstone torch timer cheaty as well gil. I'm skipping all that gold requirement after all.

Frankly I find all this talk about using in game techniques in a clever manner being "cheaty" to be a bit disturbing. There's more than one way to accomplish a goal you know.
A bug isn't an "in-game technique." Vanilla BUDs rely on bugs in the block update code. In-game techniques are features that are intentionally built in, and thus under the control of the game designer. If your setup depends on bugs in the code, then you are exploiting an unintended feature which is *not* the domain of the game designer. You don't see the difference?

If the issue were simply that vMC provides a BUD that bypasses the BTW Buddy Block, then FlowerChild would simply disable it. Since it's actually a bug, and a very complicated one at that, there isn't any way to configure the mod to work around it; even so, using it is entirely contrary to the spirit of BTW.
Mud

Post by Mud »

There is now a topic dedicated to the discussion of "cheating" in the Off Topic forum, let's take any further discussion on the subject there, yeah?
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

No-one mentioned cement?
It means a few manual soul urns, but still faster than using that much stone. Works very well in making nether tunnels HC movement friendly.

Also I'm looking at a semi-auto feeder for pigs/wolves- having a button next to somewhere I walk past a lot should work.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I'm sorry sarudak, but i do not and probably never will see redstone->obsidian as a cheat (string to obsidian is a different story). The thing is, obsidian is hardly valuable at all. Sure, it can be a pain to get, but it isn't rare in the slightest. So when you pay a reasonably valuable item for a block that has little value save for portals it pretty much balances out
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go