swamp mob trap

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
OldMarriedDude

swamp mob trap

Post by OldMarriedDude »

My base is on the border of a swamp so I decided to build my mob trap there to farm witches. I use a 9 x 9 checkerboard pattern with 2 air between each spawn level. I have a water flow directing mobs into 4 saws with the lower saws being set back 1 block to allow drops to fall into hoppers. It works well except for slimes. Slimes dont seem to take damage from the saws - is this just poor perception on my part or do slimes not take saw damage?
erikdk321

Re: swamp mob trap

Post by erikdk321 »

Im pretty sure they take damage from saws, but the saws might not hit them, are you sure theres room for the big ones and the small ones are not juse hiding underneath the saw?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

My advice: don't set the saws back one block. The "gap" at the front of the Saw is intentionally designed to allow items to pass through in such situations, whereas it shouldn't be big enough to let the slimes in (even the smallest).

You'll need to channel a separate water flow in from the sides to go beneath the Saws themselves, but that should do the trick. My mob trap in my main world isn't in a swamp, but it's in a slime-chunk so I get a fair amount of them spawning inside. I've never had one get through using the above.
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

ok cool thanks will do a minor redesign.

Edit: soon as I finished the redesign slimes died quickly. Thanks again.