Special abilities of Refined Tools?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Whisp

Special abilities of Refined Tools?

Post by Whisp »

I just realised that the steel hoe only drops hemp seeds when hoeing grass. Of course that was after I walked all the way from my desert based base to my tree farm area to get some normal seeds for my wheat farm. -.-

Since it wasn't mentioned in the wiki before I edited it, I am wondering if anyone has mentioned it before and if the other steel tools have also some hidden special feature.
Anyone noticed anything?
Methuselae

Re: Special abilities of Refined Tools?

Post by Methuselae »

This seems more like how the mod handles seed gen. Previously, diamond hoes had the best chance of getting hemp seeds. It still wasn't guaranteed though so when steel came about it just made it always generate hemp. There's no reason for it to pull up the other seeds because every other hoe is able to with as few resources as a couple logs.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

As far as I noticed, when tall grass came in, the wheat seeds were removed from normal grass. At least, I never found any while I was searching for hemp seeds, only from tall grass (wich as far as I know, you can't use the hoe on)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
Urian

Post by Urian »

Nah, you've been able to find hemp seed from normal grass all along. There might have been some changes in the probability of getting hemp seeds, I mainly use my seed & flower farm for hemp seed so I haven't gotten more than 3-4 seeds for when I started my hemp farm.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The only special ability in the refined tools at present is the pick's ability to efficiently harvest redstone. Other than that, they are largely more efficient and durable versions of the other tools.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

I grab the opportunity to ask, can I mine Obsidian with Steel Picaxe, without destroying it? (to make it into pickable item form)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Yes you can. Well at least I can and i dont know if its a glitch or not.