EmeraldCrack co-op /white list

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Dale

EmeraldCrack co-op /white list

Post by Dale »

Welcome to EmeraldCrack! (Formerly named Little's)

This server was made to insure players (and myself) have a place to enjoy Better Than Wolves without the fear of losing their hard work and progression due to seed resets and various other things as well. So as much as id like to have the server open with no white list, I have to think about keeping griefers away so I will be using a white list. The server is new and the map is new but I am sure it wont be long till I see massive structures that sound like redstone and gearboxes getting it on!

Hardcore modes:
All default modes are ON

White List requests:

1. IGN
2. BTW/ Minecraft experience (can also include redstone experience)
3. Anything else you'd like to add.
Snip -Flower
Also there wont be any cheaty nonsense going on in the server like giving out water and lava sources and using command blocks for players to tp to their bases. This is a legit server.

In the sense that this is a LEGIT SERVER, I am forced to add a rule here.

Rules:

If you burn down a jungle and by effect it burns someones base down, this could result in hard feelings. If the bases owner gets upset ill consider this griefing.

No logging off for night, this is an exploit, cheat, and is also an immersion breaker.

Feel free to make obsidian generators for as long as Flower decides to not fix it, redstone and or string. If it can be built you are free to do so. Just please do not glitch through the bedrock roof of the nether. Plant bloodwood in a contained area, and nethergrowth as you wish and all in all have fun, can't wait to see how the server grows!

~Dale

A note on the END, since everyone on the server will be sharing such a confined space soon, please keep large builds off the main island unless you request a building permit here. Learn to branch off a ways from the main island, no exceptions wehn pertaining to mob trap based builds.
Last edited by Dale on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:30 am, edited 14 times in total.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Corelieon

Re: PhantasyCraft Server! 1.0!

Post by Corelieon »

Looking Forward to meeting new players in the whole new world.

I'm your Moderator CorLieon.
I am the one who will be reviewing your whitelist applications so you better make them interesting. Do something to make it stick out cause i'm want people to try to go above and beyond to join this server.

As for Myself i am still somewhat new to BTWs. Still in the learning stages but i do have an understanding of how things are gonna work. I'm in the CST zone and i will be on generally between 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm my time.

Now quit reading this post and go fill out that App!
FlowerChild wrote: ...You're so about to get flooded with grainy webcam footage of people's junk.
...How would you know if you haven't seen my junk? It's fairly festive to begin with, and the sombrero and moustache really add to it!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Corelieon wrote:Do something to make it stick out cause i'm want people to try to go above and beyond to join this server.
You're so about to get flooded with grainy webcam footage of people's junk.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Corelieon wrote:Looking Forward to meeting new players in the whole new world.

I am the one who will be reviewing your whitelist applications so you better make them interesting. Do something to make it stick out cause i'm want people to try to go above and beyond to join this server.

As for Myself i am still somewhat new to BTWs. Still in the learning stages but i do have an understanding of how things are gonna work. I'm in the CST zone and i will be on generally between 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm my time.

Don't scare people away, Its ok people! He wont bite. :p Unless you show him your junk. ;)
Corelieon

Post by Corelieon »

FlowerChild wrote:
Corelieon wrote:Do something to make it stick out cause i'm want people to try to go above and beyond to join this server.
You're so about to get flooded with grainy webcam footage of people's junk.
Dale wrote:
Corelieon wrote:Looking Forward to meeting new players in the whole new world.

Don't scare people away, Its ok people! He wont bite. :p Unless you show him your junk. ;)
That is a pretty good way to go above and beyond, but don't count on a picture of your junk to help your case.
FlowerChild wrote: ...You're so about to get flooded with grainy webcam footage of people's junk.
...How would you know if you haven't seen my junk? It's fairly festive to begin with, and the sombrero and moustache really add to it!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Corelieon wrote:That is a pretty good way to go above and beyond, but don't count on a picture of your junk to help your case.
How would you know if you haven't seen my junk? It's fairly festive to begin with, and the sombrero and moustache really add to it!
Dale

Post by Dale »

FlowerChild wrote:
Corelieon wrote:That is a pretty good way to go above and beyond, but don't count on a picture of your junk to help your case.
How would you know if you haven't seen my junk? It's fairly festive to begin with, and the sombrero and moustache really add to it!
Well well, this has got to be the sexiest whitelist request I have ever read!!!
TheGatesofLogic

Re: PhantasyCraft Server! 1.0! 8999999c

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Dale wrote: Do not spread blight, plant bloodwood without it being fully contained.
wut....

i get the part about blight, but why bloodwood? bloodwood is a feature designed to reduce ghast spawns in the nether, so why is this an issue.... and what about groth? groth is equally important in building nether mobtraps....
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Dale

Post by Dale »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:
Dale wrote: Do not spread blight, plant bloodwood without it being fully contained.
wut....

i get the part about blight, but why bloodwood? bloodwood is a feature designed to reduce ghast spawns in the nether, so why is this an issue.... and what about groth? groth is equally important in building nether mobtraps....
Growth is indeed welcomed. As for the trees.. I can see that yes but so are walls. There are many ways to deal with ghasts and filling all air blocks in the nether is just not aesthetically pleasing. Generally in SMP allowing Bloodwood to grow wildly is bad form. Think about the effect this action imposes upon other players.
TheGatesofLogic

no, you misunderstand, i'm not talking about protection from ghasts, i'm talking about stopping their spawning in order to construct working ghast traps, it is absolutely necessary
Dale

Post by Dale »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:no, you misunderstand, i'm not talking about protection from ghasts, i'm talking about stopping their spawning in order to construct working ghast traps, it is absolutely necessary
Might be necessary for your particular build, I have managed to build ghast farms just fine with no bloodwood at all. Planting of bloodwood is allowed as long as its contained. Bloodwoods intended use as far as I know is for wood automation as it is the nest source of it, and also for souls for urns as a netherrack replacement. Ghasts can be farmed without the use of bloodwood.
TheGatesofLogic

Dale wrote: Ghasts can be farmed without the use of bloodwood.
i didn't say you can't, but with the new changes to the nether it is crucial in maximizing efficiency, and yes, one of FC's original design goals with blood wood was to provide a method of limiting ghast spawns. I don't see why people freak out about the viral aspects of some of BTW seeing as all of them serve a beneficial purpose in some way shape or form, even blight, if you weren't aware. FC and i talked about this about 2 weeks ago, and he was equally humored by the irrational fear people had for such things. one more thing: ever tried building with Jungle Planks? it's ugly as a motherfucker so why would it's primary intent be for wood? No, the intent of bloodwood was as i mentioned earlier and the production of charcoal, with the added benefit of being a decent source of crafting wood.
Dale

Post by Dale »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:
Dale wrote: Ghasts can be farmed without the use of bloodwood.
i didn't say you can't, but with the new changes to the nether it is crucial in maximizing efficiency, and yes, one of FC's original design goals with blood wood was to provide a method of limiting ghast spawns. I don't see why people freak out about the viral aspects of some of BTW seeing as all of them serve a beneficial purpose in some way shape or form, even blight, if you weren't aware. FC and i talked about this about 2 weeks ago, and he was equally humored by the irrational fear people had for such things. one more thing: ever tried building with Jungle Planks? it's ugly as a motherfucker so why would it's primary intent be for wood? No, the intent of bloodwood was as i mentioned earlier and the production of charcoal, with the added benefit of being a decent source of crafting wood.
The reason for Bloodwoods restriction to being contained on this server is aesthetic. I like seeing in the nether and this server will be online for a long time. I will not be having every air block in the nether filled by leaves and logs. And I am sorry for misunderstanding you, you said it was absolutely necessary for ghast farms? I was just saying even without BW trees you can have more tears than you would ever use.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Spawn area is finished! Kept it basic for now. Mobs spawning is disabled for now so that people have a chance to have a decent start on the server. (If I enabled spawning due to me building spawn everything would be dead by now)

Anyways looking forward to seeing new people on the server!
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Why do you want to join the server: Most of all the fact that the map/seed will remain the same, barring understandably necessary resets due to potential unforeseeable catastrophes.

How active do you plan to be on PhantasyCraft: The hours I am available vary at times, but I'm about as active as I can be, sometimes a few hours a day, sometimes quite a bit more.

Are you familiar with Better Than Wolves: I've been playing the mod since early 2012. I'm not extremely familiar with every new change, as so many have come in a short span of time, but I look forward to encountering all of it eventually.

Rough Location in the world/ Timezone: CST (Missouri, USA)

Anything else: I specialize in semi-complicated automation, and while I generally build underground, I'm very interested in developing aesthetic construction practices during the mid to late game.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Corelieon

Post by Corelieon »

First App approved and luckily it didn't include any pictures of your junk. I don't yet have access to to add people to the whitelist which will be fixed once Ode gets online. I'll inform you here on here or via Skype chat once you have been whitelisted which SHOULD be within a couple hrs of this post. Look forward to seeing you on Phantasycraft Tater. :D
Dale

Post by Dale »

Corelieon wrote: ...I am the one who will be reviewing your whitelist applications...

Its quite alright I will handle them. :)
Dale

Post by Dale »

TaterBoy wrote:Why do you want to join the server: Most of all the fact that the map/seed will remain the same, barring understandably necessary resets due to potential unforeseeable catastrophes.

How active do you plan to be on PhantasyCraft: The hours I am available vary at times, but I'm about as active as I can be, sometimes a few hours a day, sometimes quite a bit more.

Are you familiar with Better Than Wolves: I've been playing the mod since early 2012. I'm not extremely familiar with every new change, as so many have come in a short span of time, but I look forward to encountering all of it eventually.

Rough Location in the world/ Timezone: CST (Missouri, USA)

Anything else: I specialize in semi-complicated automation, and while I generally build underground, I'm very interested in developing aesthetic construction practices during the mid to late game.
Welcome to the server Taterboy, I whitelisted you already before this post.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Will be updating to the new BTW tonight. Also since there are a few people on the w/l ill be turning mobs back on also. Anyone notice the hints in the OP about this server being "semi" co-op? No one has asked about that yet. :)
Woz

Post by Woz »

Why do you want to join the server? I have been looking for a good server with a good community for a while. And I figured why not try a BTW server?
How active do you plan to be on PhantasyCraft? Almost everyday I have some free time, and I am looking to get back into BTW.
Are you familiar with Better Than Wolves? Yes, Been playing it since about MC 1.0, the new features have gotten me interested again.
Rough Location in the world/ Timezone. Michigan / Eastern
Age. 17
Anything else you would like to add about yourself. Not that I can think of...
Dale

Post by Dale »

Woz wrote:Why do you want to join the server? I have been looking for a good server with a good community for a while. And I figured why not try a BTW server?
How active do you plan to be on PhantasyCraft? Almost everyday I have some free time, and I am looking to get back into BTW.
Are you familiar with Better Than Wolves? Yes, Been playing it since about MC 1.0, the new features have gotten me interested again.
Rough Location in the world/ Timezone. Michigan / Eastern
Age. 17
Anything else you would like to add about yourself. Not that I can think of...
So your in game name is?
I also see you have 2 total posts here. Have you been in single player since MC 1.0?
Woz

Post by Woz »

No its just a relatively new account, I had lost my old one a while back. Played on lots of servers though, Vanilla, TFC, and FTB. I was just saying that I had not played BTW for a while until recently. And sorry my IGN is: ryanryan3247
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Woz wrote:No its just a relatively new account, I had lost my old one a while back. Played on lots of servers though, Vanilla, TFC, and FTB. I was just saying that I had not played BTW for a while until recently. And sorry my IGN is: ryanryan3247
Well, since you aren't willing to even state what your old account name was, I'm assuming by "lost" you mean "banned", so cya.
Manman

Post by Manman »

Flowerchild, I did not get banned on a previous account? Why would I say something relatively sketchy like that if I was concerned about getting banned again? I really appreciate you looking out for everyone on these forums but at least give me a chance to explain myself before you go straight for a ban... My old account was from a long time ago I made this in may, because I forgot the username. Sorry if you don not believe me but whatever I just felt I needed to explain myself. I love you mod man.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Manman wrote:Flowerchild, I did not get banned on a previous account? Why would I say something relatively sketchy like that if I was concerned about getting banned again? I really appreciate you looking out for everyone on these forums but at least give me a chance to explain myself before you go straight for a ban... My old account was from a long time ago I made this in may, because I forgot the username. Sorry if you don not believe me but whatever I just felt I needed to explain myself. I love you mod man.
Not going to happen, you bypassed Flowers ban. On my thread. I instead added your name to the banned list. Anyways server is running strong and the seed is stunning. Hope to see more people here. Any issues like wether to plant wild bloodwoods or not can simply be put up for vote by the current people on the server. Just throwing that out there for new people who want to complain about the server in the future.