New Icy & Flower LP vids

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Icy & Flower LP vids

Post by FlowerChild »

Me and Icy recorded these earlier this week, and he's just released the first episode!

Enjoy! :)
Mason11987

Re: New Icy & Flower LP vids

Post by Mason11987 »

Awesome. I absolutely loved your previous series. I hope you see you guys get a little later in the series with this one, your take on some later aspects of the tech tree would be cool to see. Thanks!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Damn i have missed this series! Thank you and Icy for starting this again :)
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

I can't wait till we get to the good bits and reveal all the OP strats for staying alive.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

icynewyear wrote:I can't wait till we get to the good bits and reveal all the OP strats for staying alive.
Lol...indeed :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

icynewyear wrote:I can't wait till we get to the good bits and reveal all the OP strats for staying alive.
In keeping with FC's old music video clues, here's a new nice theme song for your series. The lyrics at the end are specially fitting...
Spoiler
Show
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Kalbuck

Post by Kalbuck »

Hats are thucking thieves, too? God damn you made them nasty :)
RandomObj3ct

Post by RandomObj3ct »

Don't 'bug test' the armed zombie at your door this time. As funny as it was to watch it sort of ended the lets play earlier.

'bug test' hats instead ;)
Why not? Because it would have made sense!
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

My wife sat and watched this episode - now she wants her own pc so we can btw together.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I love hearing you talk man.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Episode 2 is up!
Spoiler
Show
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Sarudak wrote:I love hearing you talk man.
I swear everyone on these forums will be saying "man" at the end of a sentence for many years to come. It's such a contagious habit :D.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: I swear everyone on these forums will be saying "man" at the end of a sentence for many years to come. It's such a contagious habit :D.
Bah, don't get me going on that one. I'm already overloading my circuits trying to filter all the "You know?"s out of my speech :)

I was doing pretty well with it at the start too, but by the second episode I seem to have forgotten myself and regressed.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:Bah, don't get me going on that one. I'm already overloading my circuits trying to filter all the "You know?"s out of my speech :)

I was doing pretty well with it at the start too, but by the second episode I seem to have forgotten myself and regressed.
Meh, I don't mind idiosyncrasies, they make people what they are. Sorority girls going "I know" and "I swear" all the time don't bother me because of those idiosyncrasies, they bother me because they're dumb as brick.

As long as the message is clear and well-reasoned, you can say whatever you want, man :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Its great to see you guys doing this again. I really enjoyed the last series, and this one looks even better.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

huzzah! a new icy/flower LP. these are massivly entertaining to watch. not only entertaining but informative as well. like the subtleties between rain and thunderstorms. i had no idea mobs could spawn in thunderstorms. i always figured they walked out of some cave or from under a tree when that happened.

Also its awsome to see many things i was doing correctly :) like mineing down to try and find deeper caves, (something i was actually considering abandoning, and sticking to finding surface level caves) blocking off your early front door with a dirt block, and digging at 45 degrees with a combination of stairs rather then half slabbing slowly down. (i used to half slab at first but it would obviusly take me twice as long, that plus stone picks equals D: )

so thanks for the LP guys, deff some of my fav youtube content by far :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, on the stairs topic: keep in mind that ladders can be even cheaper in terms of how much stone you have to displace. I also find using them handy as it's easier to keep track of where you are beneath the surface when you don't move out so far vertically, without having to resort to spiral staircases or what have you.
jstu9

Post by jstu9 »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, on the stairs topic: keep in mind that ladders can be even cheaper in terms of how much stone you have to displace. I also find using them handy as it's easier to keep track of where you are beneath the surface when you don't move out so far vertically, without having to resort to spiral staircases or what have you.
I thought stairs used up more hunger than slabs. In vanilla, I have always used stairs, very rarely slabs. But in BTW, I have been using slabs... but if hunger is not an issue, I'll go back to stairs.

I actually did a quick check and couldn't find anything agreeing with me..... but I think its true. Is it?
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I spend so much time organizing my mushroom farms... And you have a much higher rate by simply throwing them around!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jstu9 wrote:I actually did a quick check and couldn't find anything agreeing with me..... but I think its true. Is it?
No.
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

FlowerChild wrote:Episode 2 is up!
Spoiler
Show
Talk about ending on a cliff hanger..

I am the only one bothered by Icy's lack of inventory management? Dude, you when out with coal on you? why???
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

nmarshall23 wrote:I am the only one bothered by Icy's lack of inventory management? Dude, you when out with coal on you? why???
Man, try playing and having a conversation at the same time. Mistakes will be made :)
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

nmarshall23 wrote:
Talk about ending on a cliff hanger..

I am the only one bothered by Icy's lack of inventory management? Dude, you when out with coal on you? why???
Do you watch my videos? I do stupid shit all the time :P
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

FlowerChild wrote:
nmarshall23 wrote:I am the only one bothered by Icy's lack of inventory management? Dude, you when out with coal on you? why???
Man, try playing and having a conversation at the same time. Mistakes will be made :)
I play BTW with my teenage daughter and 60 year old mother.. We chat all the time, maybe I'm just a Nazi for protocols. Or I just don't know how often they leave the base with my precious iron hoe.

Very informative, video. My only disappointment was you guys spoil the joy of hats. I can't show this video to new victims err.. friends.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Sacrifices must be made in the name of art. And this is, of course, Art.
SO glad you two put up more videos!
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)