Supergiant games Bastion

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
0player

Supergiant games Bastion

Post by 0player »

As a quick search revealed, the game is well known here, but the topic about it is nowhere to be found.

So, I have just beaten it the first time, since I didn't have spare time to play it when it was released, and I got it again with recent Humble Bundle.

I think that the game has really slick interface feeling and crazy good art. I didn't quite come to terms with most of weapons (that's probably because I'm nowhere near to being quick), but combat was still satisfying and challenging, and I could say I've relatively mastered it by the end of the game.
The music made me burst into tears a couple of times, and indeed it seems that Bastion is quite recognized for its OST.

The storyline and the manner of storytelling is great, too. Keeping it tied to levels (even optional ones) and having it being told in a cranky voice is really satisfying experience. (I'd like to ask you guys to hide storyline spoilers under spoiler tags, okay? I got just one ending).
It is also very decent, to the point that I'd probably call it decent if I were to read it in a book (That's not the case with Portal 2, for example).
So I want to know what you heartless bastards think about a game that touched my heart :).