Chunk error and cows

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
jorgebonafe

Chunk error and cows

Post by jorgebonafe »

I just got the same error I saw in Vioki's video. I got a sudden chunk error (a chunk just disappeared right in front of me) so I logged out to see if that would fix it. When I loaded the world again, there were suddenly hundreds of cows all around me... I killed it and it dropped meat, all other cows started running. So they were actual cows....

So... Anyone have any idea how to fix this? If there are defective chunks, is it possible to find them and delete them somehow?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Crazylemon64

Re: Chunk error and cows

Post by Crazylemon64 »

In vioki's video, he fixed the problem by using mcedit to delete the corrupted chunks, and then have them regenerate normally.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ok, I'll try that... But that would remove the rampant cows? I wonder how many nights of zombie attacks would take to clear them all... Damn... And now if I use some cheat to kill all entities I'll kill the other animals too... And I'm on a hardcore spawn....

I hate MC sometimes...
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

MCedit has an entity removal tool; In the GUI the cows should appear as red rectangles. Draw a box around them, and look for the option "Delete entities". That should clear things up, just make sure not to hit your own stock with that.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I can't get rid of the cows... "Delete Entities" does nothing, they just won't go away. I even tried removing all the chunks the cows were in and still they stayed there when the chunks were recreated....
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

I don't recall weather MCedit gives you enough information about the chunk to make finding it easy, but you should be able to open the world with NBTExplorer (or any NBT editor), locate the entry for the chunks the cows are in, and remove their entity entries that way.
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ok, I think I fixed it. If anyone has this problem, this is what I had to do.

I used MCEdit to delete all corrupted chunks. The "Remove Entities" option didn't seem to work at all, though. I had to install Single Player Commands (thank god this was compatible with BTW, or else I don't know what I would have done...) and used the command "killall cow", and that seemed to remove all cows screwing with my map... Plus other animals won't die, and so I hope I won't starve to death :)

Fix your game, Mojang...
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Going to post even though it will piss people off... when was the last time any of us took Mojang code? Lets keep the Mojang hate in the vanilla news thread.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

the_fodder wrote:Going to post even though it will piss people off...
A.k.a.: Trolling.

Leave forum moderation to the moderators, and enjoy your vacation.