BTW Research Add-On v1.1 - Learning the gameplay way

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Six

Re: BTW Research Add-On v1.1 - Learning the gameplay way

Post by Six »

Wrapped up those little fixes people have mentioned and just changed the golden carrot back to default without changing the melon.

I also finally decided how how I wanted to do the arcane scrolls, and rearranged some of the anvil stuff in conjunction with this.

Release can be downloaded here:
==>> Research Add-On v1.1
pgelinas

Post by pgelinas »

I will need to install that tonight. Looking forward to the arcane scroll and the anvil stuff you're talking about. Thanks Six!
pgelinas

Post by pgelinas »

Research Bench Add On 0.2 has been loaded.
Hmmm, I'm sure this isn't a big issue, but I'm still letting you know ;)
Six

Post by Six »

pgelinas wrote:
Research Bench Add On 0.2 has been loaded.
Hmmm, I'm sure this isn't a big issue, but I'm still letting you know ;)
I could have sworn I changed that right before packaging up... I hope I didn't copy over the wrong files.
pgelinas

Post by pgelinas »

If it's any help, the description for the tallow is RIGHT, so your fixes are in, but the version that is logged is wrong. It's been like that with the 1.0 version too.
EmptyNight

Post by EmptyNight »

I just tried this with the newest release of BTW.
Spoiler
Show
I like how it handled chocolate. I expected a blank item description.
IGN: Strucon
Six

Post by Six »

EmptyNight wrote:I just tried this with the newest release of BTW.
Spoiler
Show
I like how it handled chocolate. I expected a blank item description.
Haha yes, I've got a catch-all for any new IDs. I'll be pushing out an update out tomorrow with the new stuff and brewing stand change.
Six

Post by Six »

Just a note to anyone currently using this: with the what FC mentioned with the BTW release yesterday, I'll actually be holding off on re-working the high end tech tree descriptions for 2 more BTW releases, till it's all been rounded off. This just means till then the high end steel stuff will be a bit off, not mentioning the ender slag or the like. If you run into any problems, check the BTW changelog for the previous few releases.

On a related note, the changes do some awesome thing for what I can imply lore-wise on endstone and it's products, because they guarantee you've been it to the end now. I'm looking forward to having some fun with that.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Hey everyone,
so I have just done some testing to see if this add-on is compatible with the latest version of BTW(4.89PHILLIP) as both use the same crafting recipe(1 plank -> stick(BTW) ; 1plank -> Research bench(Add-on)).

I installed the following in the same order as listed.
-Astrolab 3.1
-BetterItemFrameMaps
-CraftGuide-NoLoader-MC152
-BTW 4.89PHILLIP
-Research Add-on 1.1
Then started a new game and punched the next tree I could find. Unfortunately I couldn't craft a 'Research bench' but just 2sticks.
I was hoping to overwrite the BTW(4.89PHILLIP) recipe with the Research(Add-on) one by installing the add-on last; But this didn't work.

So If someone else found a way to bypass this problem I would be happy to hear about it, otherwise we just have to wait for this add-on to be updated.

Sidenote:
The craftgude mod did just show me the "plank -> research bench" recipe and not the "plank -> 2sticks" one. So this might be outdate too.
Six

Post by Six »

Thanks for the info Epsilon, I thought that might be the case. Craftguide generally doesn't actually need updating as it creates the recipe list dynamically, but I guess 'overlapping' recipes can throw it off. I'll need to specifically replace the plank recipe which is easy enough.

I was planning on holding off till everything in BTW was finalized to push one big update out, but I'll look to get a smaller one out in the next few days, bringing it up to speed with the current changes and putting the recipe back.
djdori11

Post by djdori11 »

I really like the idea of this mod, is it still alive?
hawk

Post by hawk »

I'm not a fan of "me too's" but in this case...

I think this add-on does more than just add on to BTW. To me, it feels like a completion feature, like it belongs. I particularly miss it now that I've started a new world with the marsupial update. Nothing in this thread leads me to believe you're going to let something you put so much work into just die but I wanted to let you know it is missed and I for one am looking forward to a new bench recipe even if the research descriptions don't yet represent the latest tech progression changes.
Six

Post by Six »

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to hear some people have been enjoying it. I plan to release an update once the final update for BTW drops, to incorporate all the changes and guide it right through to the end of the mod. I'll be sure to put some time aside the next week or two so that I can try to get it out as quickly as possible.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I'll chime in and say that this is an add-on that I like(ed). It isn't as useful now that I have played BTW so much now though, but it is something I would definitely want for when I play with friends, and I enjoy reading the descriptions just for the hell of it.
djdori11

Post by djdori11 »

Can we get a status update? I know you said you'll work on it when the "final" release of BTW comes out, but it's hard to say if we'll get it anytime soon.
So updating the mod to the current version at the very least would be great, me and my buddy are kinda new to BTW and a mod like this could really help us.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Six wrote:I'll need to specifically replace the plank recipe which is easy enough.
I was planning on holding off till everything in BTW was finalized to push one big update out, but I'll look to get a smaller one out in the next few days, bringing it up to speed with the current changes and putting the recipe back.
Did you put out this small fix and I missed it, or is it still work in progress?
I'm just asking because it really annoys me that I can't craft the 'ResearchBench' any more, and therefore the whole AddOn loses it's purpose.
Last edited by Epsilon on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Epsilon wrote:Sorry but changing the recipe is not even an AddOn update, just a small fix (1.1b) to make it playable again...
I'm sorry dude, but pressuring mod authors to update is just not cool :/
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Gilberreke wrote:I'm sorry dude, but pressuring mod authors to update is just not cool :/
You're right,
I really feel sorry for this.
It's not an excuse, but I had a bad day and some other things, so I overreacted -.-