Thanks for making death LESS annoying

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Chomamonka

Thanks for making death LESS annoying

Post by Chomamonka »

So, I have realized that dying over all is less of an annoying thing in my BTW games. Let me explain, death is so inconsequential in vanilla that I wouldn't even try to be safe. My little brother started a vanilla server with some friends and I joined for a few hours to test how much better at minecraft BtW had made me. They where all dying constantly! Like at least every 15 minutes constantly. I die about 100x less in my BTW server if not even less. BTW is so punishing for dying that we are all soooo much more careful. And as a result we almost don't have to deal with it ( if you know what your doing). We don't have to worry about those times when you die in a dangerous cave and then just go into a death cycle of dying, spawning, dying, spawning. Dying in vanilla (if your a normal careless vanilla player) is actually a more annoying part of the experience. So thanks Flowerchild, thanks for making dying LESS annoying.

Edit: I'm not sure if that string of sentences make any sense whatsoever....
Rich131

Re: Thanks for making death LESS annoying

Post by Rich131 »

I kind of understand what you are saying. I mean I'm up to steel in my world that I started with 4.891 but haven't gotten around to building massive roads yet so every death does feel annoying. I feel that whenever I do actually die, it is my own fault and I have no one but myself to blame. I shouldn't have gone out to work on my mobtrap at night, I should have brought more food caving or plain and simply I should have listened out for creepers instead of blasting house music in my ears. Regardless of how I die or where I spawn, I man up and get on with it because it was me doing something stupid in the first place that brought about my death. I have learned over time with BTW (especially since recent HC changes) that my actions in game are very important, mainly thanks to the increased punishment that comes with dying.
Yesterday, today was tomorrow & tomorrow, today will be yesterday.
dawnraider

Re: Thanks for making death LESS annoying

Post by dawnraider »

I think the best part of it is that when you die, it's almost always your fault, so you can realize your mistake, adapt, and carry on.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!