[Spoilers] Golden dung

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DaveYanakov

[Spoilers] Golden dung

Post by DaveYanakov »

I started a world recently and thought I would turn on the starter chest for a change and there have been some odd things I don't remember seeing before. The golden dung in the starter chest also appears to have an id unique from that of crafted dung.

Does anyone have information on this?
Better is the enemy of Good
Six

Re: [Spoilers] Golden dung

Post by Six »

I'm not so sure about the differing ID thing, but I have been experimenting with golden dung for a while now and I think I might have something.

I'm not entirely sure I'm not just imagining it, but it seems like having it on the hotbar very slightly increases 'luck' for a number of things. I've been noticing a slightly increased seed drop from tall grass and animals more often dropping the high end of their random chance numbers. I've also been seeing more mobs spawning with rare items like armor and enchanted bows, but that might just be confirmation bias on my part.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I've been wondering when people would start discovering this aspect of the game.

One of the hardest parts of my "job" is putting new stuff in then waiting until you guys start discovering it without spoiling anything :)
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

This must be why we have the crafting recipe then, everything makes so much sense now!
Six

Post by Six »

jakerman999 wrote:This must be why we have the crafting recipe then, everything makes so much sense now
Well FlowerChild is always careful not to add anything which would be inaccessible to people playing on old worlds. Plus the hotbar thing ties in well with the recent changes to requiring arrows on the hotbar affecting your bow.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Six wrote: the hotbar thing ties in well with the recent changes to requiring arrows on the hotbar affecting your bow.
It does fit with the 'hotbar spaces as a resource' subtheme that's been emerging lately. I wonder if the bonus stacks?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jakerman999 wrote: It does fit with the 'hotbar spaces as a resource' subtheme that's been emerging lately. I wonder if the bonus stacks?
Well, it's not really a new theme. It kinda goes all the way back to the Mattock and Battle Axe saving hot bar slots through combining tools. I'm just trying to provide more pros and cons to different kinds of equipment now so that it's a more active consideration.
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

I wasn't expecting that. Please forgive me for thinking gold encrusted poop was a gag.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Jesar wrote:I wasn't expecting that. Please forgive me for thinking gold encrusted poop was a gag.
Plated.
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

FlowerChild wrote:
Plated.
... Sounds a lot more expensive when you put it that way.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

I'll just leave this here.
Spoiler
Show
Jesar

Post by Jesar »

Okay, so I just did some experimenting in game with this, cause why the hell not. Now I have a new little friend to go caving with.
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Guys . . . remember the booties. This sounds very suspicious to me esspecially because it would encourage people to afk with golden dung in there hot bar next to their mob trap.

FC you be trollin us hard.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Gabecraft1234 wrote:Guys . . . remember the booties. This sounds very suspicious to me esspecially because it would encourage people to afk with golden dung in there hot bar next to their mob trap.

Hey now, don't be hatin' on booties just because you haven't figured out the recipe for the rainbow ones yet. ;-)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:
Jesar wrote:I wasn't expecting that. Please forgive me for thinking gold encrusted poop was a gag.
Plated.
Hygiene is important. Simple encrustation does not protect the hand against the poop below.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

If this is actually true, what surprises me most is that having a starter chest actually makes your life easier in the early game.... Who would have guesses FC was so nice?

I think he bet most players who did that would just be pissed of and throw the poop away immediately, and scream "Haha, noob" to them.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Gabecraft1234 wrote:Guys . . . remember the booties. This sounds very suspicious to me esspecially because it would encourage people to afk with golden dung in there hot bar next to their mob trap.

Actually my luck turned once I took it of my hotbar. While it was on I spent half a day punching grass and got seven hemp seeds. I removed it while caving and I have not picked up a new hemp seed since. It is entirely possible that there is a hidden flag somewhere to make this a one time bonus or even a two edged sword.
Better is the enemy of Good
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

so.... do ancient manuscripts have any bonuses?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Rob

Post by Rob »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:so.... do ancient manuscripts have any bonuses?
Yes, if you put one on top of some quartz and surround it in diamonds it lets you focus magical energies on equipment. ;-)
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

This is really funny because I was saving my turd just so that when I had a gigantic base I could make a shrine dedicated to my gold plated turd and put it in an item frame.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

Gilberreke wrote:the poop below.
Sounds like the Lovecraftian horror that whispers design considerations to FC while he sleeps.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.