Prison Architect Alpha 12 is out!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Prison Architect Alpha 12 is out!

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, the Kerbal Space Program update thread turned out to be so interesting, I thought I'd share my excitement over an update to another game I religiously follow :)

I can't link the actual release thread because you need access to the dev forums for that (which comes with a prepurchase), but here's the update video:

Gilberreke

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 12 is out!

Post by Gilberreke »

Oh cool, new version, will check it out later
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

I've been keeping an eye on this.. Introversion is one of the first companies I started following way back when they came out with Uplink (I think I still have my mini install CD and code page in my computer room somewhere.) The only game I don't have of theres is Defcon and I think thats because I was still sucked into WoW at the time or some other brain numbing game.

Anyway this is on my list of things to throw money at once i recover from the steam sales.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pfilson wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this.. Introversion is one of the first companies I started following way back when they came out with Uplink (I think I still have my mini install CD and code page in my computer room somewhere.) The only game I don't have of theres is Defcon and I think thats because I was still sucked into WoW at the time or some other brain numbing game.
Defcon is definitely a cool game. Next time it's on sale you should check it out.

I wouldn't give it as much long-term play value as something like Uplink (which is a game I adore and have played a ton of), but in terms of capturing an amazing feeling in terms of both the clinical and rather sickening aspects of nuclear war, I thought it was totally awesome.

As an added bonus, if you have Defcon installed it upgrades your global map in Uplink to use its version, which is a nice touch :)

The only Introversion game I didn't really trip on was Darwinia. I thought it was cool, but compared to other RTS games of the day, it felt kinda "meh".
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

I am very excited by all the features they have listed as planned now.

I was worried a month or more back that they were nearing completion with a much smaller scope. Now just the completed contraband system will add tons of play value. I have been holding off playing for a few patches much like KSP, must... resist... more play :P

Can't wait to make a functioning green mile.

Edit: I hope this type of thing happens to Factorio as well :(
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote: The only Introversion game I didn't really trip on was Darwinia. I thought it was cool, but compared to other RTS games of the day, it felt kinda "meh".
Huh, I didn't realize that was Introversion. I loved the graphical style to that game, but I agree, it simply wasn't a strong RTS
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

FlowerChild wrote: Defcon is definitely a cool game. Next time it's on sale you should check it out.

As an added bonus, if you have Defcon installed it upgrades your global map in Uplink to use its version, which is a nice touch :)
Will do!

and nice. I haven't drug out uplink in a while.. I have it on android too, but I don't really have a tablet big enough to play it well. But I'll definitly have to check it out again when I get defcon
FlowerChild wrote: The only Introversion game I didn't really trip on was Darwinia. I thought it was cool, but compared to other RTS games of the day, it felt kinda "meh".
Yeah the other RTSs were better although it was also a pretty simple RTS as far as unit types and everything went. I liked the story behind it more than the actual game play as well as the digital landscape.. It was very much how I pictured the net from Shadow Run might look.. I actually am using an old screenshot from it for backgrounds on my Facebook and twitter profiles.
Spoiler
Show
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Prison Architect is currently in the Humble Weekly sale. Pay $19.99 or more to unlock within the first 24 hours or $24.99 thereafter.

The bundle itself also includes Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia and Defcon as well as a couple of soundtracks and tech demos.

I just watched their intro vid and I'm really tempted to splash on PA even though it's alpha. The alpha state of KSP didn't stop me and I've had a blast with that.

I noticed that even though you guys didn't really rate Darwinia they mention it won 3/5 awards at the IGF.

agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Considering that's $10 off the regular price of PA, and you get those other games, that's a hell of a deal...

God damn Humble Bundles, man. Taking my money on a near-weekly basis now...
userzero

Post by userzero »

So how playable is this game in it's current state? I've thought of buying it a couple of times but it's a little steep for an alpha.

FC needs to start charging commissions. If I end up buying this it'll be like the fifth game I've bought because it was mentioned on these forums (towns, kerbal, FTL, 7 days to die).
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

userzero wrote:So how playable is this game in it's current state? I've thought of buying it a couple of times but it's a little steep for an alpha.
I get about ten hours of play out of it with each update. I'd say hold off on it awhile longer as while I think the game has huge potential, it doesn't currently have the play value of the other games you mention.
userzero wrote:FC needs to start charging commissions. If I end up buying this it'll be like the fifth game I've bought because it was mentioned on these forums (towns, kerbal, FTL, 7 days to die).
Hehe...I just call them like I see them man. I love games in general, both playing and making them :)

Sorry about Towns BTW. That's the one game on that list I feel a bit bad for recommending as its development seems to have stalled rather epicly.
userzero

Post by userzero »

I think I'll probably buy this soon. I was already looking at it and I really like games like that.

yeah towns was a burn, but I knew the risk and got more than my moneys worth of play out of it. Also it encouraged me to build an isometric in jmonkey.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I really like it but i've had to take measures to deliberately make my prisoners miserable. I micromanaged my first prison in such a way that i was easily meeting prisoner demands and once you get a workshop you pretty much run away with money.

I have created a second prison with about 50 prisoners, plenty of max security and i have forgone cell construction and am simply using holding cells that are overcrowded. Finally i got some riots but i had to deliberately neglect my prisoners denying them sleep and entertainment.

In fact i've gotten 2 Chefs killed, A few prisoners and 3 guards. Had to call the riot police once and paramedics on many occasions. I'm beginning to measure my success not by my prison valuation which derives value based on lack of conflict but based on how much conflict i can create. I'm not sure that was Introversion's intention.

Also laundry bugs drive me crazy and you have to hack the save file to remove laundry baskets.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Alpha 13 is out, with tunneling and policy configuration being the big feature additions. Dogs are intended to be in for 14.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Doh! I hate it when games I follow update when I'm in the midst of working on a big release :)

Watched the video, and looks awesome though. Those tunnels are definitely a big step forward in bringing the game into the game.
userzero

Post by userzero »

Yeah I think that latest video just put me over the top. I'm going to pick this up some time in the next few days.
basneakyviper

Post by basneakyviper »

40% off weekend deal! Get it while you can.
userzero

Post by userzero »

Sweet, bought the package with Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON and Multiwinia for 23.99. Thinking about grabbing War for the Overworld as well. I loved dungeon keeper.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

here's the changelog for people who don't like videos.
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introv ... p?p=111568