Wheat, a missing resource, at least in my world

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
almark

Wheat, a missing resource, at least in my world

Post by almark »

Hello, I've been playing this mod for a few weeks now, recently things have gotten harder since the last update to BTW, but let us put that aside. My question is simple, where is the wheat in this mod? All I find is hemp and every other seed known to Minecraft, I till the grass till I have a forest of hemp and yet no wheat. I find this a little unbalanced since wheat is such a staple of simple living in Minecraft. I don't mean in deserts, I mean on the ground, in grass, where it use to be. Yet I have scoured the net searching for this one question to be answered. Everyone either has a how to make auto wheat farm but never shows where they got the wheat. Albeit they kept the same map and went right to BTW and still had their seeds in hand, that's my guess of course. I'm sure others lack this food source that keeps you alive in such a a way that it would be near impossible to live without it in BTW, great mod a little sketchy in certain parts but I deal the best I can. It's survival of course, and it's a lot harder than the norm and that's ok, I hope someone can answer this mystery about wheat, pretty baffled, I keep reading some go to villages that are manned.
ion

Re: Wheat, a missing resource, at least in my world

Post by ion »

go trekking around and find a village
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Protip: Look harder... And further.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
LupusExMachina

Post by LupusExMachina »

Like really far away.
BTW is a lot about progression in power and possibilities, so early on it will be mushroom farms, hunting and maybe some eggs from chickens, if you don't want to starve :)
almark

Post by almark »

LupusExMachina wrote:Like really far away.
BTW is a lot about progression in power and possibilities, so early on it will be mushroom farms, hunting and maybe some eggs from chickens, if you don't want to starve :)
Hey, I appreciate the constructive criticism you guys give, and I did resort to eating eggs, then Mr Creeper changed all that, now starting a new place to eat those eggs again. ;) But anyway, I didn't eat one egg until this mod, so it got me out of using only wheat, which was too repetitive. Further, one has to travel further eh? Gotcha. Villages have it?
almark

Post by almark »

ion wrote:go trekking around and find a village
I shall, seems that is the only place in BTW? The mysterious old men keep this coveted resource now in villages? Thank you for a simple answer... goes away happy!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Run a search on the readme.txt included with the mod download when you have questions like this. In this case, searching "wheat" will tell you pretty much everything you need to know.

BTW operates under different rules than vanilla, to the point of almost being a different game. Contrary to your assertions, you don't "need" wheat, not for a very long time.

Also: before bitching about features, I suggest you make an attempt to understand them.
almark

Post by almark »

FlowerChild wrote:Run a search on the readme.txt included with the mod download when you have questions like this. In this case, searching "wheat" will tell you pretty much everything you need to know.

BTW operates under different rules than vanilla, to the point of almost being a different game. Contrary to your assertions, you don't "need" wheat, not for a very long time.

Also: before bitching about features, I suggest you make an attempt to understand them.
I am not complaining about your mod, it's a great mod, only others never gave the answer until I asked here, even on youtube I didn't get a answer from ppl. I did search the wiki for BTW and didn't find the answer so you've led me to the readme instead, I didn't know that, I do now so thank you. I spent the other night looking through every change log as well and didn't find the answer. This mod is your creation that is obvious but should you point fingers at someone who is asking a simple question? We are a fan of your work, must you be so quick? Anyway, I like the mod, but assuming is a bad thing. I did say things are unbalanced, and that is probably due to me using large biomes, possibly something to consider in the future, everything needs improvement no matter what it is, and simple suggestions don't warrant bans and I know how you operate here, which is ok it's your forum.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

almark wrote:I know how you operate here, which is ok it's your forum.
Good good. Glad we're both clear on that then.