Omni Move

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gilberreke

Omni Move

Post by Gilberreke »

Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Tsugumi Henduluin

Re: Omni Move

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

Take that thing, combine it with this and we're eerily close to having something resembling a holodeck.

I can already taste the world-wide drama.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

The suit looks way too dorky to get much traction. I know I would not be interested in wearing something like that while gaming. The omni move though has some real potential IMO.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Add the occulus rift and some sort of controller (possibly even something like a wii controller) and you have pretty much a perfect VR set-up. I love living in the future :p
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

eternal8phoenix wrote:possibly even something like a wii controller
The Omni already does Kinect-like motion capture, but you can always add a Kinect and a Razer Hydra (wii like controller).
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

It be cool to play a first-person shooter designed to take advantage of that human trackball thing. It'd be cool to get excersize while playing and feel like I'm actually there. I'm worried it would be easy to trip while using it, though. And just from glancing at it, I imagine it would have to be designed around a particular leg length, and people with longer or shorter legs may have a bit more trouble with it.

That thick suit looks like it might get hot and sweaty quickly. I want a black spandex suit.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

jecowa wrote: I'm worried it would be easy to trip while using it, though. And just from glancing at it, I imagine it would have to be designed around a particular leg length, and people with longer or shorter legs may have a bit more trouble with it.
It's fully adjustable height and width wise and I don't think it'd be possible to trip considering the support you have around your waist.

I think they might be going a bit far with the ARAIG and other peripherals. I'd rather the industry focused on getting the VR headset done well and refined before taking it a step further. I am excited about these kind of things as they seem to have a lot of backing. I just hope I'm in the generation that will see their potential reached.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I just think it would be fun to go jogging around Skyrim, like the video says :)
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Hmmm... The suit? Meh... The omni? Good. But I know of something that would be even crazier. If we can receive signals from the brain in the use of prosthetics today, why can't we do the same with muscle commands in a game? A single plug in the base of the spinal cord should be able to receive ALL muscle commands necessary to a gaming environment, it's only a matter of differentiating between them, and also not paralyzing someone receiving the plug...
Add in an oculus rift and a realistic gaming environment, and also a local anesthetic of course, and you have the ultimate virtual reality machine!
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:only... not paralyzing someone receiving the plug...
I think that may be the issue there :)

I'm gutted all the early adopter bonuses have gone but realistically I think I'm going to wait until both the Rift and the Omni are retail so I can at least try before I buy.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:...A single plug in the base of the spinal cord should be able to receive ALL muscle commands necessary to a gaming environment, it's only a matter of differentiating between them, and also not paralyzing someone receiving the plug...
Add in an oculus rift and a realistic gaming environment, and also a local anesthetic of course, and you have the ultimate virtual reality machine!
Now why does this sound so familiar...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Some call it virtual entertainment, others call it a virtual reality plague.

eXistenZ would be a better example than the Matrix on the spinal jack thing.
Better is the enemy of Good
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

The Omni will make PvP games not just about skill but fitness that could make things interesting. The obese gamers will have nothing on the skinny ones but yeah running around questing in a game like Skyrim or MC would be awesome but what happens when you get exhausted from all the running and fighting/placing blocks, heroes/evil Steve need time-outs too?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

You take a break from the game? Eventually your body would catch up and you would be able to handle it.