[32x] My Texture mix (Update 2.07 - Final BTW Version)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
LJEKadeshi

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.2 v1.4) (BTW 3.71)

Post by LJEKadeshi »

Hey battosay I love using the texture pack, never stop updating it please. However, I have noticed a few bugs, 1. iron armor legs don't render correctly in the back. 2. Lit furnace left side of pixels are all wrong. And 3. The wooden planks do not line up correctly if you look at them from a floor to wall stand point(not sure how to explain this clearly)
Also some mobs don't have a custom skin, not sure if there are plans for these, just thought i would mention. Thanks for the texture pack man.
TayRae

Post by TayRae »

Okay...so I'm apparently have a really big blonde moment. I can't figure out how to download this with the mod and keep it functioning. Does someone wanna help my dumbass self remember what to do? :3 Pretty please?
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

Did you use minecraft patcher?
Battosay

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.2 AISOUN) (BTW 3.72)

Post by Battosay »

Quick 3.72 update, sorry for the delay, I completely forgot to upload it, 'being busy with life and stuff ;)
Gormador

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.2 AISOUN) (BTW 3.72)

Post by Gormador »

Don't worry about that Battosay :-)

Quick question though : regarding the connected texture mod (integrated in the Mc Patcher HD), is there some glass panes textures to fit it ?
If not, no worries I can live without it ^^

Oh, and I can't wait to see what you'll do with the new textures (as of 3.80) !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Battosay

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.2 - 3.80a) (BTW 3.72

Post by Battosay »

3.80 updated :)
Still have the GUI from IE to finish though.
Pics updated as well.

@Gogo : No idea, does it support the glass panes as well ? And if so, where do I put them ? :p
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Thanks for the update ! You're a quickie :p (pun intended !)

Regarding the ctm part of mc patcher, I got the following from the thread over on MCF :
(I've redone all links – except the github one – unless specified)
Spoiler
Show
Connected Textures (sample ctm .properties) (NOTE : github link)
MCPatcher's Connected Textures Mod is compatible with the original CTM mod/Optifine, so if a texture pack already follows the /ctm.png standard, it should just work. Here's the template /ctm.png from the original thread for reference.

In addition, you can use connected textures with any block. The format is the same as above, but just the glass part. Here's a template with simple black outlines.

Both block-based and tile-based methods are supported. Name the file /ctm/block<block id>.png or /ctm/terrain<tile number>.png depending on which you want to use. Also remember that the image needs to be the same size as terrain.png (256x256 for 16x texture packs, etc.).

You can also specify multiple ctm blocks from the same image. Create a file called /ctm/block<block id>.properties or /ctm/terrain<tile number>.properties. In it, specify the name of the source image and the list of tiles to use. There must be exactly 48 tiles listed:

Code: Select all

source=/ctm/myctm.png
tiles=64-75 80-91 96-107 112-123
See this sample texture pack (NOTE : I won't put this link, as its target it a download page over on mediafire) for an example. It applies CTM to dark red, greed, blue, purple, and cyan wool using the same image.

You can also use the .properties file to specify random textures or repeat a larger pattern over several blocks. See the sample .properties file here (NOTE : github link) for more information.

link : http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232 ... ix-237-02/ (under the spoiler "Information for Texture Pack Authors")

I hope it helps :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

I like this version number the best. :P
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
baialein

Post by baialein »

great tp Batto....
but it looks like you forgot to update the btwterrain01.png and btwitems01.png in the TP...
the newer versions are only in the thread
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Derp, yeah, forgot to change the link actually, that was still the old one. Fixed, thanks ;)
That's the latest version : http://www.mediafire.com/?2xx4djtk1wd19mt
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Did those informations about ctm helped you in any way ? And are you interested in supporting it ?
Anyway, thanks for the new link ^^
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yep, checked it, it seems feasible, but it seems pretty annoying to do, so it will have to wait for a time where I'm motivated enough to figure it out properly :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

The MCPatcher OP states that glass panes aren't supported yet, and the little testing I did a while ago didn't yield any results. Just thought I'd pop in and say so.
There are a hell of a lot of other things you can do with CTM though, like the custom fence/fence gate and button textures I added in my latest release. :)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

No worries Battosay, that would be a great addition yes, but your texture pack suits my world very well already :-)

And, Tekei, this seems weird as the part I quoted in an above post says that if it works with CTM, it should work just fine. And I believe Glass Panes are supported by CTM, aren't they ?

Anyway, no hurry. And if I ever feel the urge to have it, I might look into it and send you the file (if it works ^^).
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Gormador wrote:[...]And, Tekei, this seems weird as the part I quoted in an above post says that if it works with CTM, it should work just fine. And I believe Glass Panes are supported by CTM, aren't they ?[...]
I believe he means that you don't have to change your folder structure/rename files etc to make it work if it already works with the original CTM/Optifine.

Anyway, here's the quote I was talking about (Bolded and underlined the important part).
Kahr wrote:Features:
  • Better Skies! Add your own textures to the day and night skies. Many options for fading and blending.
    Custom Colors mod! Texture pack authors can now customize many colors in the game including swamps, lighting, and more. See Misa's texture pack for examples.
    HD texture pack and font support.
    Custom terrain and item animations for any tile, including water, lava, and portals.
    MrMessiah's BetterGrass mod.
    Balthichou's RandomMobs mod.
    Connected Textures mod. Glass panes not yet supported.
    Ability to load other mods like ModLoader. See "Installing other Mods" for details.
    Ability to save and load mod profiles and switch between them easily. Also organize your mods by the Minecraft version they go with.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Yeah I saw that on the McPatcher OP.
Anyway, we'll see with McPatcher's next updates :-)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I think it means that so far, glass panes are not part of the CTM mod yet, but you could theoretically make it work by creating your own glass panes CTM file.
I think I'll wait for them to include it in CTM ;)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Battosay wrote:I think it means that so far, glass panes are not part of the CTM mod yet, but you could theoretically make it work by creating your own glass panes CTM file.
I think I'll wait for them to include it in CTM ;)
Making a custom terrain49.png or block102.png file doesn't make any difference, so I don't think its possible at all until a fix for MCPatcher is released.
Battosay

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.2 - 3.90a) (BTW 3.90

Post by Battosay »

Quick 3.90 update, I'll probably change the Nether Growth, as I still dont really know how it looks in game, I just made one inspired by Panda, I'll be more creative later :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Just noticed that you're still using my stewing pot texture. And it's outdated. If you're still gonna use it you might as well update the the newer one where I've fixed a few issues with the seams. :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Battosay wrote:Quick 3.90 update, I'll probably change the Nether Growth, as I still dont really know how it looks in game, I just made one inspired by Panda, I'll be more creative later :)
I dont understand a few spots on the texture sheet myself.. like theres different contrasts in the spore grass?
Never say no to Panda.
Peoplesnem

Post by Peoplesnem »

Love you Pack, its Pretty <3
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Battosay the corners of the glass in the CTM file are wrong so i re did it for you...hope you don't mind it
Spoiler
Show
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

<3
Battosay

Re: My texture pack mix (32x) (Update 1.2 - 3.91a) (BTW 3.91

Post by Battosay »

3.91 shtuff added.
So far the btwart.png is the original, if you want some high-res paintings open the btwmodtext folder, delete btwart01.png and use the 02 instead, renaming it first obviously ;)
So far it's just some high-res painting, I've got a few Tarot cards, but not the good ones :p
I'll see what can I find that matches FC's paintings :)

Edit : Shutting it down, time to get the real paintings :)