AHYEAAAAAHHHHHHH.....AAAAHHHH

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

AHYEAAAAAHHHHHHH.....AAAAHHHH

Post by FlowerChild »

Gunnerman21

Re: AHYEAAAAAHHHHHHH.....AAAAHHHH

Post by Gunnerman21 »

Quick! everyone speculate on some sort of feature coming to BTW in the song! ... XD
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Whatever it is, it obviously applies to tundra biomes.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

*Tears of joy*...I knew you were a Zep man on the inside.

Oh, what the fudge am I babbling about?

VALHALLA, I AM COMING!
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Ooooooooh. :D :D :D

Let me get my theories churning.

The theme of "Invaders from beyond the sea<reality>" is pretty clear but it leaves the question of who is the invader.

Three possibilities spring to mind.

First is that the monster are the invaders. If this is the case,
"The hammer of the gods<Mjolnir> will drive our ships to new lands" fits in with the thunderclaps of despawning endermen.
While "We are your overlords" could tie into End's place in the kabbalistic sephiroth canvas as the realm above all others.

The second is that it is Steve's people: In which case
"We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow." May well hint at the nature of "Home" (as it doesn't exactly describe the End)
While "Valhalla I am coming." And "we are your overlords" would give character to Steve's people, A race obsessed with attaining the power of the End. (Probably the dominance over either souls of the dead or dimensional powers.)

The third, and the one I prefer, is that it applies to both.
In which case the End may well not be a homeland of anything but rather a prize, and one which has changed hands repeatedly.

In the past it was held by the fortress builders, the race that once built the strongholds, abandoned mineshafts, and nether fortresses. Eventually, they lost it in a war to the Endermen and were banished to the Nether to eventually evolve into the zombie pigmen.

Since then The Endermen have gotten into a war with Steve's kind (assuming they weren't the fortress builders in the first place) as the humans tried to (re)claim the End for themselves. Holding power over the dead The Endermen have been able to assail the invaders with armies of their own fallen kin along with the creeper and spider corpses. (Which being Arthropodic may well be another failed attempt to conquer the End, or perhaps the warrior members of the Endermen's homeworld.)

After ages of failed attempts that have left the world's raw resources much depleted (hardcore iron changes) and most of it's closest surface structures looted ("So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.) the humans have sent a new champion (or pack thereof in SMP); an immortal warrior who cannot be overcome by death: Steve.

(Now is a good point to note that, given that this is a neverending battle between an army of the undead and undying warriors I think noting the line as specifically "Valhalla I am coming" has much greater appropriateness.)

Steve's mission is simple enough, reach the End, Slay the dragon, and free the lockdown it had on the realm for control by his own people. (Naturally a failure point in the theory here in that he doesn't do anything with it himself aside from milking it for gunpowder and pearls. One would expect him to set stuff up himself if at all possible.)

Further speculation: if the Endermen, Creepers, and Spiders are of the same nation and we can trust the 1st Anniversary video's hint that you can't take anything with you, it might explain why there were so evenly placed with the other races, even without technology: If they don't need anything but their own bodies to fight they can always teleport in more "fully equipped" troops from their homeland while the humans would have to supply new arrivals from on site materials, which could easily be disrupted by the odd (dozen) suicide bombers.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Fret

Post by Fret »

Flowerchild posting a Zeppelin song made me even more happier than the new update. He doesn't only make the best game, but also promotes the best music.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...ok, so I was in a bit of a celebratory mood last night due to the release. Guess it turned into an impromptu "drunken moderation night" :)
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Ah I forgot about this one :) been listening to when the levee breaks almost repeatedly this week, maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something...

Anyone tried playing it along side screaming souls? And surely Steve is the immigrant here?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

You fools! It is a Trojan Horse!

Of all the warriors of the world
Those of Troy were the most fell
They were those born of Winter
Better is the enemy of Good
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...ok, so I was in a bit of a celebratory mood last night due to the release. Guess it turned into an impromptu "drunken moderation night" :)
So it's not a hint?
Damn, it sounded so cool.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Azdoine wrote: So it's not a hint?
Damn, it sounded so cool.
Pro-tip: if it comes out of my head, then it's likely some form of clue as to what I may do next, even if I don't know it yet :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Heh, FC posts a song, and we get paragraphs on what could be coming next in BTW. I love it :)
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

It's called curated suggestions. He plants the seed and out comes a jungle overnight.