New Release! (Version 2.92)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Deepsniper

Re: New Release! (Version 2.92)

Post by Deepsniper »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added ability to grind bone into bone meal in the Mill Stone.
Yay! You did see my idea. But anyways I really really like this new update. It kinda give MC a new realistic feel that now you actually need to work your way up the tech tree from a simple caveman discovering fire for the first time to a productive and sophisticated farmer with fully automated systems to do all the dirty work for ya.
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

is this blowing up part also on peaceful?
is there a 100% safe way to get the hellfire dust?
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Necropolis wrote:My god...I haven't read any of the forum postings there in a while. I think I lost a few neurons just looking at it. There are people seriously asking about how to get the flying rabbit hat!
You need glue and 50 feathers.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

finite8. The twin tales of your attempts are just... adorable. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

emmasteadman wrote:is this blowing up part also on peaceful?
is there a 100% safe way to get the hellfire dust?
The 100% safe way is to do everything right the first time, :)
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
TheMentat

Post by TheMentat »

long time BTWer, first time poster
first of all i wanted to thank FC for making this unbelievably awesome mod, making minecraft playable again, and keeping the updates streaming and better all the time,
secondly, i cant seem to power the hopper for some reason, tried both redstone and mechanical power to no avail... the hopper is still destroyed after 8 dusts... (gahsts are not a problem, i keep my rooms compact, if not for this thread i wouldn't have known)
however, i found a small workaround (maybe a bug?) if you throw a whole stack on the hopper in one batch the hopper will still be destroyed but the whole stack will convert
(i just tried with single full stack, there might be a way to make sure more than one stack will fall on the hopper simultaneously and then you could convert it all)

and again hip hip to FC
Beemlord

Post by Beemlord »

Just finished a 10-12 hour straight playthrough of the new update and i gotta say i love the direction you took with the rebalance of the mod. I was fortunate enough to have built my first Netherrack processor in an area too small for ghasts to spawn so I was saved from their unholy wrath after blowing up 6-7 hoppers lol. Keep up the good work and I'm very much looking forward to the new age. (and the steel tools are AMAZING) :)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

My only problem when you release these new updates is that I really have a big urge to restart and start the tech tree from scratch especially this one with the tech tree being properly sorted out and all...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Deepsniper wrote:My only problem when you release these new updates is that I really have a big urge to restart and start the tech tree from scratch especially this one with the tech tree being properly sorted out and all...
Hehe...yeah, I hear you man. What I usually do is just move off to a new area in my world with nothing in my inventory, and start from scratch there.

That way, I still feel like I'm working on my overall world, but still get the "new game" experience. When I'm done, I can also take any resources I accumulate back to my main base :)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

FlowerChild wrote:
Deepsniper wrote:My only problem when you release these new updates is that I really have a big urge to restart and start the tech tree from scratch especially this one with the tech tree being properly sorted out and all...
Hehe...yeah, I hear you man. What I usually do is just move off to a new area in my world with nothing in my inventory, and start from scratch there.

That way, I still feel like I'm working on my overall world, but still get the "new game" experience. When I'm done, I can also take any resources I accumulate back to my main base :)
I like that idea... but your updates come out so fast that I cant get my main base fully functional the way i like it before your like oh btw guys heres the new way how to play XD I hate you jsut a little for that... but thats what makes BTW so much fun.
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Deepsniper wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:

I like that idea... but your updates come out so fast that I cant get my main base fully functional the way i like it before your like oh btw guys heres the new way how to play XD I hate you jsut a little for that... but thats what makes BTW so much fun.
This is why I'm waiting to start a "Main Legit World" until 1.8 comes out and BTW is fully compatible with it. For now I'm content to try out new stuff, putter with World Edit and watch Diego's livestream for my Minecraft pleasure.
Beemlord

Post by Beemlord »

I have to admit, the blood curdling screams that come from processing netherrack are awesome. It really makes it feel like Steve is messing with something that he shouldn't be, it's great.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

morvelaira wrote:finite8. The twin tales of your attempts are just... adorable. :)
Cute? A poor innocent Steve DIED! He was just trying to concentrate the very forces of hell from a substance filtered using the souls of the damned from material harvested from the very pits of hell itself. Is that worthy of his own unfortunate demise????

Probably... yeah.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

-Changed Belt recipe to use 4 Straps instead of 8 (placed in a diamond pattern).
This isn't working for me. Here's a picture:

IGN: Camerinthus
AnonymousBadger

Post by AnonymousBadger »

Very nice update! Question, though, is hellfire dust only supposed to be accepted by an unfiltered hopper? I merged my ground netherrack => hellfire dust filter stream with my gravel => sand & flint stream but found that the hellfire dust doesn't want to settle into any hoppers with filters. Since it's a dust I figured it would be accepted by any filter (like redstone and gunpowder).

Just changes whether I need to filter out the flint first or the hellfire dust but figured I'd find out if it was a bug that would be changing later.
Zaikantos

Post by Zaikantos »

AnonymousBadger wrote:Very nice update! Question, though, is hellfire dust only supposed to be accepted by an unfiltered hopper? I merged my ground netherrack => hellfire dust filter stream with my gravel => sand & flint stream but found that the hellfire dust doesn't want to settle into any hoppers with filters. Since it's a dust I figured it would be accepted by any filter (like redstone and gunpowder).

Just changes whether I need to filter out the flint first or the hellfire dust but figured I'd find out if it was a bug that would be changing later.
FlowerChild wrote:-Added soul sand as a filter to the Hopper.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

zaikantos wrote:
AnonymousBadger wrote:Very nice update! Question, though, is hellfire dust only supposed to be accepted by an unfiltered hopper? I merged my ground netherrack => hellfire dust filter stream with my gravel => sand & flint stream but found that the hellfire dust doesn't want to settle into any hoppers with filters. Since it's a dust I figured it would be accepted by any filter (like redstone and gunpowder).

FlowerChild wrote:-Added soul sand as a filter to the Hopper.
I'm pretty sure he knows that, otherwise he'd have a hard time getting the hellfire dust, wouldn't he?
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Camerinthus wrote:
-Changed Belt recipe to use 4 Straps instead of 8 (placed in a diamond pattern).
This isn't working for me. Here's a picture:

Update the mod, it's working for me. Try running from a fresh install of vMC if it's giving you issues.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, that's my bad. I realized the day after I put out the new release that I had forgotten to set the other Hopper filters for the new items.

Will take care of that in the next version.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Decided to mess with things before I read the thread. My protective wall around my house has a huge hole in it, as does the north side of my house. My cobblestone generator has been leveled, my wheat farm is effectively gone, and my landscape is riddled with craters. Made the mistake of doing my filtering in a small room near the outside of my house, and wound up spawning about 12 ghasts before I noticed. My estate suffered for the battle, but I came out on top as always. The only untouched building is my pottery workshop, which is a fair distance from most of my stuff.

Tempted to make my next building, after repairs of course, an obsidian bunker for my more explosive work, surrounded by aerial defense systems for accidental summonings.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fracture wrote: Tempted to make my next building, after repairs of course, an obsidian bunker for my more explosive work, surrounded by aerial defense systems for accidental summonings.
Lol! Shit dude. I had no idea anyone would wind up getting hit that bad. I feel slightly like a griefer now.

Hope you enjoyed the fight at least :)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FlowerChild wrote:
Fracture wrote: Tempted to make my next building, after repairs of course, an obsidian bunker for my more explosive work, surrounded by aerial defense systems for accidental summonings.
Lol! Shit dude. I had no idea anyone would wind up getting hit that bad. I feel slightly like a griefer now.

Hope you enjoyed the fight at least :)
Hell yes I did, pardon the pun. I summoned another 3 with my remaining hoppers after arming myself properly, just for kicks :P

Already hatching plans to include Ghast fights in my planned arena for PvM, WvM and of course CvC. Dual function-- landmines AND monster summoners! On the note of boss fights in that manner, will hoppers load a music disk into an empty jukebox? Don't currently have diamonds, so I can't test. If not, I'll just have to make a looping noteblock theme under the stage xD
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fracture wrote: Hell yes I did, pardon the pun. I summoned another 3 with my remaining hoppers after arming myself properly, just for kicks :P

Already hatching plans to include Ghast fights in my planned arena for PvM, WvM and of course CvC. Dual function-- landmines AND monster summoners! On the note of boss fights in that manner, will hoppers load a music disk into an empty jukebox? Don't currently have diamonds, so I can't test. If not, I'll just have to make a looping noteblock theme under the stage xD
Actually, I have no fucking idea :)

I've never tested it, or even thought of it (I think I built a jukebox once, played a record for 30 seconds, then stuffed it in a chest somewhere never to be touched again, and totally forgot jukeboxes were even in Minecraft until you just mentioned it), but I guess it should work...

kinda..

Maybe?

:)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FlowerChild wrote: Actually, I have no fucking idea :)

I've never tested it, or even thought of it (I think I built a jukebox once, played a record for 30 seconds, then stuffed it in a chest somewhere never to be touched again, and totally forgot jukeboxes were even in Minecraft until you just mentioned it), but I guess it should work...

kinda..

Maybe?

:)
xD Well, the hunt for diamonds is on now, then. The only reason I worry it may not work is that jukeboxes don't seem to be a container in the traditional sense, which is what hoppers seem to function with for the most part. Right-click with disk, it plays. Right click or destroy, disk is spat back out.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Just tested it real quick - it doesn't work. If the jukebox is directly below the hopper, the records won't leave the hopper. Otherwise, the record will just sit on top of the jukebox.