New Release! (Version 2.92)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TheGuy

Re: New Release! (Version 2.92)

Post by TheGuy »

Was surprised when I looked outside.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

PatrickSJ wrote:Is the case with Hellfire Dust that 8 = 1 Concentrated. If 8 pile up in the hopper, it is too concentrated and kaboom?
That reminds me of when i was making Black power in the school Science labs . that was one hell of a blast ( literally ) Any way back on topic Great release as always FC
Last edited by BigShinyToys on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Okay, it is summoning a Ghast. Cripes.

Edit: However, I don't the in-game logic of what is being filtered out.
Last edited by PatrickSJ on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

FlowerChild wrote:Think about what's happening there guys. What's getting filtered out of the netherrack?

I'm a little surprised that the Hopper being destroyed seems to be the only thing people are experiencing. If folks run into something else, let me know as I'm getting a little worried we may have a bug in the latest release otherwise.
You do... sort of.

The "Suprise" does not work if the room it's in is too small. The hopper breaks, but the spawning requirements aren't met so nothing else happens.

Can we just confirm that it's not supposed to happen at all if the Hopper is powered (Presumingly allowing it to "Flush" the filtered... stuff... out?)?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mrchaim wrote: You do... sort of.

The "Suprise" does not work if the room it's in is too small. The hopper breaks, but the spawning requirements aren't met so nothing else happens.

Can we just confirm that it's not supposed to happen at all if the Hopper is powered (Presumingly allowing it to "Flush" the filtered... stuff... out?)?
Ah, that makes sense. I will have to fiddle with that as I was testing it in a large area.

And yes, opening up the container lets the "stuff" out ;)
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

PatrickSJ wrote:Is the case with Hellfire Dust that 8 = 1 Concentrated. If 8 pile up in the hopper, it is too concentrated and kaboom?
Mine only blew up when I put 8 Dust in a cauldron above a stocked fire. But I'm not sure if my game works how it should.

@ FC:

I tried various things by now:
I dropped all single quantities of Ground Netherrack by hand and via a hopper. Tried the same with whole stacks and a neverending stream of Ground Netherrack from a Hopper. The only thing that happens is that the Ground Netherrack goes over the Hopper and turns into Hellfire Dust w/o groing through the Hopper at all. If you throw it on top of the hopper the Hellfire Dust sometimes bounces off the Hopper.

The only thing that changes anything is if the hopper is powered or not. If it isn't the hopper just breaks apart and a ghast spawns on easy/normal/hard. Now I get what you ment about peacefull. Still, is the powered Hopper thing supposed to be the case ?

Edit: Ok, seems like I changed the spawn criteria for my little set up when I blew half my "base" up when I messed around with the cauldron in the meantime.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Ooh, this update sounds intriguing. I won't get to a computer that can play it for a while yet but the first thing that popped into mind when I read about the side effects of filtering hellfire dust:
"Cool, time to build a ghast farm!" Now to figure out their movement behavior and how they interact with water.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:Ooh, this update sounds intriguing. I won't get to a computer that can play it for a while yet but the first thing that popped into mind when I read about the side effects of filtering hellfire dust:
"Cool, time to build a ghast farm!" Now to figure out their movement behavior and how they interact with water.
Lol! Well, I'm not sure if that would really be practical given they destroy a Hopper every time one spawns, but I will certainly be impressed if someone manages to pull it off :)
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

FlowerChild wrote:
Urian wrote:Ooh, this update sounds intriguing. I won't get to a computer that can play it for a while yet but the first thing that popped into mind when I read about the side effects of filtering hellfire dust:
Lol! Well, I'm not sure if that would really be practical given they destroy a Hopper every time one spawns, but I will certainly be impressed if someone manages to pull it off :)
cue -- battosay
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

FlowerChild wrote: Ah, that makes sense. I will have to fiddle with that as I was testing it in a large area.

And yes, opening up the container lets the "stuff" out ;)
Glad i could help. I'm also glad to hear that the "Stuff" solution is intended, as this has allowed me to slightly modify my leather processing station so that now it can also handle the production of Concentrated Hellfire.

(Have i mentioned i love the bizzareness this game sets up? Because i do.)

And i do actually love the Hoppers acting as Ghast Eggs. I can see a use for this in a adventure map for isntance - Player walks into a huge room, somehow trigger mechanical power being turned on. Suddenly, from the sky, Ground Netherack rains!

...Right onto multiple soulsand hoppers, unconnected to Mechanical Power.

Ooops.

It'd certainly be a really cool set piece actually - Walk down a hallway that hatches Ghast eggs in rooms as you go past each one.
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Isn't that impossible ? I can't think of a way automatically put in a filter in a hopper. You'd also need a lot of netherrack to drop on the hopper to trigger a single ghast.
Erisiah

Post by Erisiah »

I just installed the 2.92 update, and discovered that: while using the GLSL shaders mod and "waving plants" shaders, several of the BTW mechanisms are waving alongside my flowers. :P
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added flying cows and rabbits that can be worn as hats.
D: you forgot to add exploding beds
rbh

Post by rbh »

FlowerChild wrote:-concentrate of awesomeness-
Putain de bordel de merde ! and you said you were "taking it easy" ...
FlowerChild wrote:-Added flying cows and rabbits that can be worn as hats.
Damn, I was about to suggest it.

Great update !
Now there's really some work to do after the first trip to the nether. I completed my automated NetherRack processing facility (from netherrack to Concentrated Hellfire) after a few encounter with those flying spaghetti monster. I noticed that you can filter a few ground NetherRack, remove the filter and place it again to avoid ghast spawning, don't know if it's a bug or not.

Next step would be to somehow empty the cauldron to send its content to a crucible (I think a BD would do the trick) to fully automate the process up to refined steel, and wait for you to give us a way to automate the smelting process (wink wink).

Now take your well deserved rest on vacation and come back to give us lots of cool new toys.
Yin

Post by Yin »

You forgot to fix the Crucible by adding the ability to collect items above it, oh well wait for 2.93.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Yin wrote:You forgot to fix the Crucible by adding the ability to collect items above it, oh well wait for 2.93.
He didn't forget, he said a few weeks ago that he would do it when he had nothing else with the mod to do and that the feature was low priority.

Just because he doesn't add a feature doesn't mean he's forgotten :)
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

I managed to get the extra surprise with hopper+soulsand filter... not just the hopper 'splodin. The surprise was a bit glitched into the floor, but definately there. Not to mention the "surprise" when i screwed up trying to turn concentrate into ingots... thanks a lot FC >.< (Seriously i blew up half my smokehouse!)
It was quite hilarious tho :P
Yin

Post by Yin »

FurkeyRefills wrote:
Yin wrote:You forgot to fix the Crucible by adding the ability to collect items above it, oh well wait for 2.93.
He didn't forget, he said a few weeks ago that he would do it when he had nothing else with the mod to do and that the feature was low priority.

Just because he doesn't add a feature doesn't mean he's forgotten :)
That's a better way of looking at it =)

oh well no biggie
foi

Post by foi »

Oh wow you are one hardworking man!
So much stuff even though you said you were on vacation.
FlowerChild wrote: -Changed The Saw to no longer be powered using a Hand Crank. It must receive continuous power from an axle to function properly.
Umm... are you sure that is a good idea?
Having to build a whole windmill before we even get a hopper feels kinda weird.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

foi wrote:Umm... are you sure that is a good idea?
Having to build a whole windmill before we even get a hopper feels kinda weird.
It's a rebalancing update to make sure the mod plays better. It also fixes the longtime issue with the windmill being utterly useless except for aesthetic purposes.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
foi

Post by foi »

Gilberreke wrote:It's a rebalancing update to make sure the mod plays better.
Yeah but farming Hemp isn't really fun and you can't even automate it because you don't have a hopper.
So now there is this hole in the Tech-tree where you have to manually farm lots of Hemp to advance.
Gilberreke wrote:It also fixes the longtime issue with the windmill being utterly useless except for aesthetic purposes.
They weren't useless though you need them for mechanical power in the Nether.

I will stop this discussion here now because i do love this mod and I don't want to annoy FC.
I just wanted him to think about that change.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

foi wrote:They weren't useless though you need them for mechanical power in the Nether.
Oh, right. Has anyone ACTUALLY built one in the nether? That's a non-argument.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

foi wrote: Yeah but farming Hemp isn't really fun and you can't even automate it because you don't have a hopper.
well, in collecting the stuff on top of it, a cauldron can do the work, however it's not too cheap, and you have to take out the stuff manually
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

To actually automate a hemp farm you needed iron, which is also used in pistons (the BD designs are outdated and way to expensive anyway) plus alot of redstone. You can easily build a cauldron instead if you really insist on automating it, or you just check every now and then on your hemp farm, punch the top layer off and move on. By the time you actually automated a hemp farm you could have grown a normal 8x8 hemp farm anyway. You don't have to watch it grow after all :).
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Yeah, it's not really hard to amass a large amount of hemp once your farm gets going, I haven't automated mine and I have far more hemp fibers and seeds than I know what to do with.

@2.92: Wow, I'm glad I amassed all that nethercoal when I did, though I love your "surprise" for filtering the nether dust.