New Release! (Version 2.92)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (Version 2.92)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 2.92 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This version contains the following changes:

-Added Ground Netherrack, Hellfire Dust, and Concentrated Hellfire as items.

-Added soul sand as a filter to the Hopper.

-Added Wind Mill Sail recipe using wood blocks instead of Moulding.

-Added a shapeless recipe for twisting two Hemp Fibers into a string.

-Added ability to grind bone into bone meal in the Mill Stone.

-Changed Nethercoal recipe to require Concentrated Hellfire instead of Netherrack.

-Changed Hibachi recipe to use Concentrated Hellfire instead of Netherrack, and remove the flint (replaced by smooth stone).

-Changed Belt recipe to use 4 Straps instead of 8 (placed in a diamond pattern).

-Changed Hopper recipe to use two wood Panels and a Corner (for the bottom) instead of wood blocks.

-Changed The Saw to no longer be powered using a Hand Crank. It must receive continuous power from an axle to function properly.

-Changed The Turntable to no longer be powered using a Hand Crank. It must receive continuous power from an axle to function properly.

-Changed Bellows to only produce stoked fire over a lit Hibachi. All other fires will be blown at by the Bellows now.

-Removed recipes for Wood Blade (used in Water Wheel construction) using wood blocks. They can only be made with wood Panels now.

-Removed grinding wool into string in the Mill Stone (sorry guys, it screwed up the early game when working towards your first bow, and didn't make much sense anyways).

-Removed recipe for Bone Meal plus a white Vase producing a white Vase (since it was totally useless).

-Changed the mod to use the Forge system for handling textures. On the bright side, this means that this mod now has infinite texture indices for maximum compatibility with other mods. On the down-side, this means that existing texture packs for the mod will no longer work until they are adpated to the new system. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience this reperesents, but the decision to make this change is in the long-term best-interest of the mod.

-Along with the above, did a lot of texture work on the mod. You should notice quite a few subtle visual improvements.

-KNOWN BUG: Currently textures will not be displayed properly on mod-blocks when they are pushed by pistons. This will be corrected with the release of the next version of the Forge.

-Removed "fcUseDefaultLightTextures" from the mod's config file as it was no longer really relevant anymore with the custom texture packs that exist for the mod, and complicated the switch to the Forge texture system unnecessarily.

-Fixed problem with cement "battling" with water it comes into contact with. Cement now beats the crap out of water (and lava) without even breaking a sweat, and leaves it crying for its mommy (could be useful for underwater construction or filling in lava pits).

-Fixed problem where Hibachi wouldn't immediately extinguish Stoked Fire above it when turned off.

-Fixed problem where pottery couldn't be formed if not placed immediately above a Turntable.

-Fixed problem where Vases would lose their color when swallowed by a Block Dispenser.

-Fixed problem where blocks swallowed by Block dispenser wouldn't display properly textured hit effects for certain block-types (like colored wool and Vases).

-Added flying cows and rabbits that can be worn as hats.

------------------

Enjoy! :)
Stormweaver

Re: New Release! (Version 2.92)

Post by Stormweaver »

A couple of typos:
-Added sould sand as a filter to the Hopper.

-Changed the mod to use the Forge system for handling textures. On the brite side

But this update looks....interesting. Just what I need after getting bored 3 hours in playing the aether.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added flying cows and rabbits that can be worn as hats.
Fun. Just what Minecraft needed.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, it's always nice to have someone immediately focus on typos after you spend 20+ hours working on something.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

put the fire dust in the cauldron guys!:)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:Yup, it's always nice to have someone immediately focus on typos after you spend 20+ hours working on something.
I needed a context for the rabbit quote >.> Might as well be helpful while I'm at it.
-Fixed problem where pottery couldn't be formed if not placed immediately above a Turntable.
I was hoping something like this would happen, as it solves a small problem I had with my first attempt at an automated kiln. Now it can be smaller. I'm really ooking forward to working through the rebalanced tech tree though.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Make sure your cauldron is stoked when you put the Hellfire dust into it ;D.

Me love you longtime FC, you're a beast with the updates.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

the hopper is your friend, put lots of ground netherstuff stuff in it:)
Vongard

Post by Vongard »

walker_boh_65 wrote:the hopper is your friend, put lots of ground netherstuff stuff in it:)
From what i have seen using ground netherstuff on a hopper with soulsand in it gives you a small chance for glue =) by throwing a few stacks of the stuff on it ive gotten a very nice amount of glue =)

WARNING: the statement above may or may not be true =P

~Von
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Be nice guys :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

FlowerChild wrote: -snip the incredibly long list of changes-
Eh bah putain !
I wish I was as productive as you when I'm on vacation man ...
There's so many things ! Impressive !
Wtf ?
Dude, can I see what you're smoking here ? :)
-Added Wind Mill Sail recipe using wood blocks instead of Moulding.
Nice. Now the wind mill really is the first mechanical power source you'll use when you start. In the world I just started I was waiting for this update to start my BTW progression, because I didn't wanted to hand crank my way up to the water wheel. The tech tree is more consistent this way, so that's good :)
-Changed Bellows to only produce stoked fire over a lit Hibachi. All other fires will be blown at by the Bellows now.
Not sure I understand this one :/
-Changed the mod to use the Forge system for handling textures.
That's great :) Don't apologize for that, the texture packs will be available within days, so it's not a big deal, and it's a great improvement :)
-Fixed problem with cement "battling" with water it comes into contact with. Cement now beats the crap out of water (and lava) without even breaking a sweat, and leaves it crying for its mommy (could be useful for underwater construction or filling in lava pits).
Will it flow over, or drop as if it was air ?

Thanks again man, for being such a beast :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote: Eh bah putain !
Lol...I do love swearing in french. It's so much more expressive than english for that :)
Battosay wrote: I wish I was as productive as you when I'm on vacation man ...
There's so many things ! Impressive !
Well, it's a lot of SMALL things. I've admittedly been taking it easy :)
Battosay wrote:
Wtf ?
Dude, can I see what you're smoking here ? :)
Lol! That one's a gag. Check the latest release of the Aether (which took about a month to put out) for why I put this change in the list ;)
Battosay wrote:
Not sure I understand this one :/
That's the balance change I mentioned for stoked fire only being produced over a Hibachi in that upcoming changes thread I made last week.
Battosay wrote: Will it flow over, or drop as if it was air ?

Thanks again man, for being such a beast :)
It treats water and lava as air now. Cement cuts right through it.

And you're most welcome :)
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Just wanted to point out that minecraft crashed after updating until I updated forge from 1.03 to 1.04.

That cement change is great.
BoredomAddict

Post by BoredomAddict »

This sounds AWESOME. I can't wait to try out my new hat. :D
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Haha, guess there wont be any automatic Hellfire Dust or concentrated Hellfire farms..

Ok so placing the dust in the hopper works 8 times before it destroys the hopper? Any way to stop that; or think maybe there's an internal cooldown?

Edit: Replacing the soul sand after 7 netherdust seems to have reset it
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

Nice! Now to update my texture pack I only have to update the original post with a couple images instead of a whole threads worth. Looking forward to more custom textures!
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Followed above advice. Sure am glad I back up my saves regularly. =D

Is it part of the "surprise" that all of my wolfs show up and dance around, ridiculing me on how gullible I am? Because that totally happened.

Also, this update is overflowing with win.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

New items added to wiki. Some recipes updated
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

WOW!
Now I'm useing:
Modloader, forge, GUI Api, Audiomod
BTW
Mo' Creatures
Xies's cooking & farming
Kaevators Slopes & Timber farming
Balkosn weapons
Spawner GUI
And the 'spawn' part of Zombe modpack. (however, haven't find yet where I can turn off the bad guys, so that only wild animals would threat me (any idea? o.<))

With this update, you just turned my minecraft into one epic caveman adventure, only BTW was missing.
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Nice update but now all my stockpiled steel and Nethercoal feels like cheated :(.

Powering the hopper prevents it from beein destroyed btw :)
Another "you need more than a handcrank" measure ?

Edit:
For those lazy ones among us:
Spoiler
Show
1 Netherrack is ground into Ground Netherrack, throw these on a powered hopper with Soul Sand as filter, Hellfire Dust will bounce off the top and 8 Hellfire Dust in a non-stocked cauldron yield you one Concentrated Hellfire. Nethercoal is made by replacing the old recipe's netherrack with Contentrated Hellfire.
Now I need to figure out how to automate that process, especially the bouncy hopper part.

Edit2: Nvm that, the soltution is so simple ..
Last edited by Haidaes on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Haidaes wrote:Nice update but now all my stockpiled steel and Nethercoal feels like cheated :(.

No, not really. Are you playing on Peaceful or something? The Hopper isn't just destroyed when that happens, and the whole thing makes a lot more sense if you aren't on Peaceful :)
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Oh I see, just made a testworld set it to peacefull, so i could sleep outside to mess around with the stuff after I read that someone blew his house up with it ;).

I don't get the difference though, at least when the hopper above drops a whole stack on it the Soul Sand does not seem to break the hopper (or is it the waterflow above it ?).
Now I really wonder what it is supposed to do (I've set it to hard even with no change what so ever). Maybe I broke something when I just copied the new Forge and BTW over the old ?
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

FlowerChild wrote:
Haidaes wrote:Nice update but now all my stockpiled steel and Nethercoal feels like cheated :(.

No, not really. Are you playing on Peaceful or something? The Hopper isn't just destroyed when that happens, and the whole thing makes a lot more sense if you aren't on Peaceful :)
Okay, then I'm seriously confused. I'm on Easy, and when the hopper was powered, it was not destroyed - In fact it was quite able to process an entire stack of ground netherrack in seconds. When it was un-powered it went phut, but there was no other result. This is with a fresh install of Forge, Mod Loader, Too Many Items, Zan's Minimap, and the Recipie Book from Rigsumi's mods.

(Edit: I do apologize if this is the wrong place to put what seems to be a bug report, i'm just honestly unclear if something else _is_ supposed to happen)
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Is the case with Hellfire Dust that 8 = 1 Concentrated. If 8 pile up in the hopper, it is too concentrated and kaboom?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Think about what's happening there guys. What's getting filtered out of the netherrack?

I'm a little surprised that the Hopper being destroyed seems to be the only thing people are experiencing. If folks run into something else, let me know as I'm getting a little worried we may have a bug in the latest release otherwise.