We really need a statistics sheet for BTW.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Lighthouse

We really need a statistics sheet for BTW.

Post by Lighthouse »

This forum is the most proper place to request a thing, so I post here.

Pretty much on all BTW items/mechanisms, I noticed there are delays on power connections (Gearbox needs some time to fully activated, etc)

While those delays are small, they indeed added up quite big when I was working on fairly big project using BTW components. I also feel blind when I really do not know the

component I've been handling as well :P

As the mod grows bigger, we really need some data otherwise it will getting harder to catch mistakes and calculations.

Examples of data we need, in order of importance.

1.) Delays on Gearbox, axle, hibachi, saw, turntable and others I failed to mention.

2.) Various process times (how long to cook things, including food and clay ones. And how the number of fire affects the time?)

3.) Durability, damage and usage of new tools such as refined tools in general.

4.) Damage of saw.

5.) Times taken to destroy/retrieve blocks/items from BTW.

And more. The later ones are not that important but it would be greatly helpful if we can know it. I believe number 1 and 2 will help a great number of people who like to make complex machines and factories, while 3 and 4 will satisfy people who like to venture the world.
Damion Rayne

Re: We really need a statistics sheet for BTW.

Post by Damion Rayne »

I'd have to agree with you on this, but there should be other people that can handle this so as to not bother FC with it. There is always the old way of doing it yourself, sitting down and finding out just how many blocks you can mine out with a Refined Pickaxe in comparison to diamond.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Urian

Post by Urian »

Some of these should already be on the wiki I believe (haven't checked, just know that is's been discussed) but yeah, a cheat sheet could be helpful. I believe that the gearbox has a startup time of 0,5 seconds. The saw will get it's startup changed very soon (the next update probably) so hold off on that. I seem to remember that the stats for the refined tools were posted in the thread for the 2.9 release but it wasn't all tools. A saw does 2 hearts damage according to the wiki.

Also, moving this to the main BTW discussion forum since it's not really a suggestion.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

The Wiki needs some work Urian, I could help a bit if you wanted.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
Urian

Post by Urian »

Sure, feel free to go ahead. Wikis are meant to be edited any- and everyone who wants to help :) I haven't spent a lot of time on the wiki but I'm certain that it could use more help.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Urian wrote:Sure, feel free to go ahead. Wikis are meant to be edited any- and everyone who wants to help :) I haven't spent a lot of time on the wiki but I'm certain that it could use more help.
I'll try and get started on some updates this weekend. Depends on my TG schedule as I'm supposed to be assisting in some "Track IR" reviews and testing due to an agreement we have with the Production company that makes the TrackIR headsets and gaming equipment. I should be able to get some updates in this weekend. :)

-DR
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

I would like a Data sheet with all the Start up times and the rest. Would make timing calculations on mechanical devices easier to set up.
Banpower1

Post by Banpower1 »

For tools/armors durability, zombes modpack, the info mod shows it (and is compatible with BTW)