April 1st fool...

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
megalolo72

April 1st fool...

Post by megalolo72 »

Im a stupid iknow but :

Was googling better than wolves somthing and was redirected to a twitter page where FC announced 4.65 for minecraft 1.5.1

I just didn't noticed the date of that tweet ...........

Since i'm not hal stupid i updated my minecraft.jar remoded it launched my world (without saving it before as you know i'm quite stupid, why saving because it's FC approved)

Oh ! surprise ! Where are all my btw specific blocks....
Oh ! surprise ! When i roll back to 1.4.7 and they're still gone....

So starting from the point i'm awsomely stupid is ther a way to activate a creative mode in my world or use of mcedit to manually repair cause i'm not sur i'll enjoy replaying my first 50 hours of play to restore my hemp fields, windmill, etc...

Thanks for help and enjoy trolling me i deserve it so...
magikeh

Re: April 1st fool...

Post by magikeh »

Sorry man, once you roll forward, and all your stuff disappears.. its gone for good. Anything that was not in the loaded chunks however will still be there. :P Shoulda done the backup! Also i can suggest making the saves backup automatically, checkthis threadout for more infos.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
megalolo72

Post by megalolo72 »

Ok i'll just go with MC Edit to give me back in a chest most annoying things (hoppers,saw,windmill, gearboxes...)

I still deserve to be trolled to death....
HaloGamefreek

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Well if its that bad for you to redo everything then you could open to LAN and set your game mode to creative. Its cheaty but it would save you some frustration.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

That doesn't actually work, better it would surely be to open to LAN and turn cheats on, THEN switch to creative, unless that's what you meant... I did this when a chunk reset cut through my massive mobtrap and filtration system, as well as a few automossy cobble farms, but for me it felt like I was fixing a meta game problem with a meta game solution. Not sure how it will feel for you though...
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go