Gravity

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
DocHussey

Gravity

Post by DocHussey »

Create a system where different blocks are effected by gravity, similar to sand and gravel.
I've been playing BTW for the better part of two years now, and enjoying every moment of it. Lately, as the server I'm on has changed mods, I've been playing a little bit of Terrafirma Craft. The mod adds a lot of things that make the game much more rewarding and more difficult for the sake of immersion. One of the biggest draws, in my opinion, is the inclusion of cave-ins. I believe that combining these aspects with the HCH and HCS, there will be a much more immersive game-play as well as causing people to plan their mining trips much more carefully in regards to what they bring with them and how they get out of their mines. Making a 1x stair to get down to whatever cave/mine/level that you desire is a bit off-putting when so much more from the mod brings your immersion deep.
The mechanics would be in place and the players would have to shore up their mines in such a fashion to prevent collapse and being stuck. This also could apply to certain building materials that should require some sort of support to keep them "floating". With the addition of a basic weight system already in place since HC Buoy, it makes good sense.
I'm not saying that it's a great idea for actual BTW, more like a thought moving forward on RTH, as this could potentially break a lot of builds.
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Gravity

Post by FlowerChild »

Dude...making a suggestion outside the suggestion forum doesn't make it any less of a suggestion. In fact, it just makes it annoying in a "you calling me stupid?" kinda way.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Unless I'm mistaken, this was posted in the suggestions subforum :) Was the topic moved from outside the subforum?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh man...you're right. I must be losing it :)

K, will change the temp ban reason from "suggestion outside suggestion subforum" to "no manna output from this hootch". Sorry bout that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just to further clarify:

"Obvious suggestion is obvious"

or..

"Restating an idea from another mod doesn't make for a good suggestion"

or...

"When people make suggestions about a game they haven't played and which I haven't even begun developing I want to scratch out my own eyes from their sockets with my torn and bloody nails" (or the much less verbose "Rule #3") would have also served.