What is your most advanced redstone circuitry?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
johnt

What is your most advanced redstone circuitry?

Post by johnt »

I think everyone uses basic counters and timers, but do you have anything in your builds where you actually had to diagram out the redstone, or that used really complicated logic, or even that performed computation for some practical purpose? (Ie, not just to build a half-adder for the hell of it)
tom_savage

Re: What is your most advanced redstone circuitry?

Post by tom_savage »

When I tried to copy Batto's auto breeding/slaughtering facility without actually copying it...*bangs head on desk*. 5 minute timer, with 4 increments, every 20 minutes it cycles gates: opens the first gate, waits for set amount of time, closes first gate, opens the next gate, etc... -- end of the cycle, dispenses wheat for breeding, 5 minute timer starts. I'm sure with my knowledge now, I over-complicated it, but dear lord it was a pain to make that thing work correctly. I also realize this isn't very complicated redstone, but I prefer to keep things simple.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

I think my latest soul bottler was pretty high up there.

Had a bunch of functions jammed into a really really tiny space.

Ill grab the pictures from my thread later today, it's labelled "most compact"

Edit: as far as unreasonably complex and hard to think up it was surprisingly the obsidian generator.

Edit again: actually the 1 wide infiwheat module was among the most advanced I've made, it took roughly all the aneurysms to get that running.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Hmmm... Wheat is a bitch... And... Trees are whores... And... Hmm... Ever built a twenty floor non-cycling elevator before? ;)
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

The most complex circuit I myself have put together is probably my sand recycler in my urn factory. I'm using Noir's auto-urns and auto-kiln designs, but the sand pushing those urns into the kiln is pushed over an edge and collected into a hopper which is connected to an item elevator with lens-connected timers, one at the bottom which holds the elevator down for about 30sec, and another at the top that holds it there for about 3min. The elevator triggers the hopper, the clocks, and a water gate through detectors and the whole mess is part of a single interconnected circuit. Works like a dream, I was pretty proud of it when it all came together.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Most complex? Most likely the 3x2x1 up down door i built, biggest but repeated? a 10x piston vert extender (able to be made longer) :D Super fun to play with piston extenders!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

Mine was the most advanced TNT cannon you have ever seen. I took a ridiculously over-the-top design from youtube that I absolutely fell in love with (for exactly that reason :D ) and then went over-the-top in my own way on top of it!

It had a secure control room, that couldn’t be accessed by anyone once you locked it (they could mine their way in ofc but I was focusing on how the Redstone functioned rather than a practical defensible cannon) and also couldn’t lock you out.

It had adjustable timers for the projectile but couldn’t be set to too long or too slow to become unsafe.

It had a lockable circuit room that could not be accessed while the cannon was not in safe mode.

It had 3 modes, Safe, Prep and Firing;
Safe – access all areas but cannot fire the cannon without first entering Prep mode. Warning lights (Redstone torches) and note blocks were all off. Control room was open and circuit room was unlocked (but required flipping a lever to access). If circuit room lever was in the access position the system would not leave Safe mode if the safety lever was flipped.
Prep – designed for reloading and any other time between shots. Disabled the access to Circuit room (the lever wouldn’t work). Warning light flashed and a single tone beeped slowly (one of the high-pitched note blocks).
Firing – locked the cannon down completely for the duration of the shot (was triggered by the fire button and on a fixed timer for about 6 seconds to allow a full fire cycle). Prevented the shooter accessing the viewing platform (where you could take damage from the shot). Prevented going back into Safe mode (if you flipped the safety lever during firing, Safe mode would engage once the fire sequence completed). Warning lights were solid on and a fast two-tone warning alarm played.

There were a few other minor bits a pieces to add some basic functionality here and there but nothing too impressive compared to that core functionality.

What was awesome about this is that it was all one integrated circuit (hence being able to have the modes affect each other without needing to separate the player via physical proximity). It was also all multiplayer safe (had to be since it was on an SMP server). If only we hadn't lost that world to corruption long before we knew how to salvage worlds :(

In fact this is my project for BTW - with more vMC features and several options in BTW to make this even more complex and compact I am going to try and recreate a better version! :D