Unofficial mod compatibility list for BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Speltz

Re: Unofficial mod compatibility list for BTW

Post by Speltz »

Alright, everything looks to be working fine now with two launchers (one for vanilla, and one for Better Than Wolves). I'll do my best to outline it for you, but I'm no programmer, just pieced together the code from the forums and an unrelated boardgamegeek forum. Also, I have no idea on how to make this work for Linux or Mac, because of all the file types and paths differences.
Make sure you backup your saves before trying this, and keep the saves somewhere other than your .minecraft folders (I just used my desktop to store them). We'll basically be creating separate .minecraft folders for each of your modsets and their launchers, and then targeting those launchers to their respective folders. You can also use these launchers to move your .minecraft folders to somewhere more convenient, say My Documents or your Desktop, although for this example I'll just use the default %appdata%\Roaming area.
Spoiler
Show
You will need to make separate containing folders for your different .minecraft folders, to avoid overwriting each others saves. For example:
.............................-->Vanilla -->.minecraft
%appdata% --> Roaming -->Better Than Wolves -->.minecraft
.............................-->Industrial Craft -->.minecraft
.............................--><repeat for each modset>

1) Make sure that you have the latest Java Runtime Environment http://www.java.com/en/download/install ... ersion=6.1

2) Find the folder where javaw.exe is stored. Since I have Windows 64 bit, this file was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin. If you have Windows 32 bit, my best guess is that this file would be in C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin.

3a) Create a new text document. This will be the template for our launchers. Copy/Paste:

Code: Select all

set PATH=%PATH%;"<path to the javaw.exe file (ends in \bin)>"
set APPDATA=<path to this launcher's containing folder (ends with: \containing folder name)>
start javaw -Djava.library.path=bin/natives -cp bin/minecraft.jar;bin/jinput.jar;bin/lwjgl.jar;bin/lwjgl_util.jar net.minecraft.client.Minecraft <username> <password>
(The <> fields are comments about what should be there. When replacing them, delete the <>s)

3b) Replace the <path to the javaw.exe file (ends in \bin)> with the actual path. Make sure that the quotation marks are still there. Replace <username> and <password> with your Minecraft account username and password.

4) Save As this template as LauncherTemplate.bat (with Save As Type: All Files selected).

5) Insert a copy of this .bat file into each of your .minecraft folders, and Edit those files to replace the <path to this launcher's containing folder (ends in \containing folder name)> fields to their appropriate paths for each copy. You can also rename the .bat files as Vanilla, Better Than Wolves, or whatever you like. Then, just put shortcuts to each of these on to your desktop for quicker access.

6) Install the mods into their appropriate .minecraft folders as usual.

7) Test out the different launchers with a single new Test world for each launcher (ie. Vanilla Launcher Test, BTW Launcher Test...) before you get back to work on your main worlds. Since the launchers target different .minecraft folders, they should not be able to see each other's save files when you click singleplayer. If they do, then the <path to this launchers .minecraft folder...> fields were not replaced correctly.

Notes:
-If you get a "Could not find javaw.exe" error window when running the launcher, then the path to the javaw file is not right, and/or you need to install the latest Java Runtime Environment.
-Entering in your username and password to the .bat files will auto-login. For this reason, I'm hanging on to the original Minecraft.exe (even though I won't use it for playing) for future updates, since you will skip this screen with a custom launcher.
-These launchers should still work after an update, but only if the paths/folder names are not changed. So to do an update, just backup your saves and launchers, delete the .minecraft folders, run the original Minecraft.exe, copy the new %appdata%\Roaming\.minecraft folder into each of the containing folders and replace the launchers, and update your mods as usual.
-Make sure to change the <path to this launchers .minecraft...> fields, since if two different launchers target the same .minecraft folder, it will affect the save file just as if you tried to play a BTW world with a Vanilla Minecraft.exe
-Not to be too redundant, but always backup your saves! You don't want to risk your hard-earned castle or redstone device.
Hopefully, once the official mod support is up and running, this kind of thing will be obsolete (so long as Mojang supports the mods you want to use).
BUG: When playing Minecraft from one of these launchers, I got the Unlicensed Copy message in the top left corner, even though I had paid for the full beta. Don't know why this is happening, unless it has something to do with that 'Or from another location' thing.
If anyone tries this, or has any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to help out.
Last edited by Speltz on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

elustran wrote:
Thieme wrote:Hmm I kinda suck with wiki i just can't seem to give it a nice layout so i'll just post my mod list here. I don't know exactly where and wich ID's i have changed but i had to change quite some ID's.
Can you outline any compatibility issues such as overridden classes, conflicting blocks, etc, particularly for the more complex mods like Buildcraft?
Problem is i just made the mods work together so i really don't know if mods conflicted with BTW only or just eachother. To find that out i would have to redownload all mods and go trough all the config files wich would be kind of a pain. As for .class overriding. None of these mods override any other mod class file (except for modloaderMP over modloader).
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hello! sorry for the late reply (been busy with work).

Okay so I tried playing around with Xie's mods today but I *think* More Creeps conflicts on some level however Pam's HarvestCraft mod (formerly Pam's Food) offers a similar concept and plays nicely :)

I used this link for advice: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/481 ... lity-list/

It's a similar idea to what you are putting together here but with a broader spectrum of mods so useful for folks I thought.

I'm now using (as of 1.7.3):
ID Resolver
Minecraft Extended
Better Than Wolves
Millenaire
Mo'Creatures
Baby Animals
Pam's HarvestCraft
Lahwran's Minimap (formerly Zan's)

Interestingly, I installed Minecraft Extended and ID Resolver AFTER I'd installed and had problems with the mods and it's now working fine even using old saves so definately worth using if you're in a bind :)
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

Hello,

so i want to runn finite liquid v4 with BTW 2.80 an mo`creatures ...

could someone pls explain what i have to do to make btw and finite liquids compatible??? or post any link that could help me???
IrishBandit

Post by IrishBandit »

Is MAtmos Compatible with BTW? I don't want to fuck up my minecraft install.
Andoriol

Post by Andoriol »

Has anyone run compatability tests between BTW and Survivalism? I have been unable to figure out how to get them to work together.
JWA

Post by JWA »

Anyone tested this with the Portal mod?
Organum

Post by Organum »

Oh ooh. I didn't about this topic. I've been trying to make a compatibility list for the wiki, but do you think I should just stop working on that since there's already an easily accessible one right here?
deathtri

Post by deathtri »

i have the wireless redstone mod with the cloak thingy addon and its running fine every thing is working
BlackNAvi

Post by BlackNAvi »

"Is MAtmos Compatible with BTW? I don't want to fuck up my minecraft install."

Works fine for me.
Also, I have these installed and was able to load a new world. I have yet to play on it. I will update you if I have any problems. I may add SDK's Planes at a later date.

#ModLoader Config
#Tue Jul 19 10:54:13 EDT 2011
mod_MAtmosphere=on
mod_MCExtended=on
mod_XieFarming=on
mod_mocreatures=on
mod_Millenaire=on
loggingLevel=FINER
grassFix=true
mod_FCBetterThanWolves=on
mod_IDResolver=on
mod_BetterBlocks=on
mod_WirelessRedstone=on
mod_Somnia=on

Update: I'm getting a few of these weird looking trees with invisible leaves:

deathtri

Post by deathtri »

hey im haveing a hard time geting more creeps and weirdos working some one help plox
elustran

Post by elustran »

Organum wrote:Oh ooh. I didn't about this topic. I've been trying to make a compatibility list for the wiki, but do you think I should just stop working on that since there's already an easily accessible one right here?
Actually, there should be one on the wiki - someone posted about it earlier, and I talked about porting my list, but, if you're feeling enterprising and want to port the list I've made here, go ahead. I also haven't updated in a few days - one reason why it's important to have stuff like this on the wiki is that one person - like me - isn't going to maintain the list 24/7. It's not a negligible level of effort to test mods just for the sake of testing them, and there are tons of mods out there.
Danyo

Post by Danyo »

Anyone any idea if axebane's mystic mods work with btw? I'll probably try somewhere tomorrow, but thought I'd just ask in case anyone already knew the answer :P

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/303 ... es-stones/ this is the mod in question for anyone that doesn't know it.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Just from a quick overview of that mod, it seems like it only modifies the au and bu class and you might have a few id conflicts but i think it should be fine, just have to check to thread of what class files did what in BTWs

EDIT: found it and there are no class files conflicts that ive seen, if someone has seen any conflicts feel free to correct me
Danyo

Post by Danyo »

From some initial testing the ores and ruins part of the mod works with btw without a problem so far. Not gonna try the stones, not to bothered about them :P
blithen

Post by blithen »

I'm using Equivalent Exchange. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/364 ... nge-v208b/ Works perfectly and the hopper even feeds into the Alchemical chest! It required no modifications.
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Turnermator13

Post by Turnermator13 »

btw seams to be compatible with the Aether mod. I've had no issues so far
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Turnermator13 wrote:btw seams to be compatible with the Aether mod. I've had no issues so far
There are some detector block issues.

Phoenixterrain seems to work perfectly.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
christonian

Post by christonian »

razar51

Post by razar51 »

Planes And Vehicles mod will work with BTW with 1.7.3, but the ID for the pot and the plane crafting table conflict. (Id 255) just use the BTW config file to change it and it will work fine

Planes even work with lifts, as shown here:
(hope its ok to post vids, this is my first post)

Yushatak

Post by Yushatak »

Peaceful Pack works fine [no I don't play on peaceful! I just like options..] (blockIDs need tweaking, but there's a config file for it), Seasons mod works fine (make sure you use BTW's ru.class or else rely on hoe+grass for your hemp seeds), Harvestcraft works fine - however, the previous version didn't use ItemSpriteAPI, and BTW didn't use MCF. When both of these updated, they clashed. Harvestcraft still works without ItemSpriteAPI, but you get BS icons and/or missing icons (all other things show fine, blocks, etc.) - this will be fixed when Pam moves to MCF (Scokeev9, dev on MCF, is the maker of ItemSpriteAPI, so that's the natural update path). The previous version (all the features, just no API use) works fine if you can get enough indices to make it happy (next version of BTW should make that possible). Nightmare Mode and Zombie Awareness work fine, as do Elemental Creepers (why wouldn't they?).
emmasteadman

Post by emmasteadman »

Anyone know how compatible the Millenaire Mod is with BTW?
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

emmasteadman wrote:Anyone know how compatible the Millenaire Mod is with BTW?
pretty sure millenaire works just fine
reenigne1

Post by reenigne1 »

I'm a yognaught and I think that BTW would go fantasticly with many of the fantastic mods that are in the YogBox.

Pursuant to that I am trying to figure out, one by one, which mods that are in the YogBox are compatible with BTW and which mods break when installed alongside BTW.

The reason I am posting here is that I would like to know if there is any recommended order that would more successfully predict the compatibility of the various mods with BTW.

For example would it be better to create a base BTW install (verify correct installation) and then install one mod at a time before resetting to the base BTW install to install the next mod, or would it be better to start with a clean 1.7.3 install, install modloader and minecraftforge (verify of course), create a base install off of that, then desired mod, then BTW?

As opposed to the one by one approach, I was wondering if creating a base BTW install, then add the mods one after the other verifying one by one but not resetting the install, in effect piling the individual mods on top would be as effective an approach, if not less time consuming?

For the sake of time I would not attempt the mods that have already been verified above.

Current list of mods that are in the YogBox that I am planning to test:
Author: mod (or collection)
Ksoon: Doors open Doors tweak
Pfaeff: Pfaeff's Mod
Scokeev9: Scokeev9's mods
nohero: More Health v 7.5
Clintonxa: ModOptions API
Lahwran: GUI API
DaftPVF: DaftPVF's mods
Risugami: Risugami's Mods(the ones that aren't modloader)
Pchan3: Airship
Hogofwar: Hogofwar's Mods (there has already been some indication that peaceful pack is a no go, but I'll check the rest of the mods), More Dungeons
Club559:Buried Treasures (I'll test the original, not the YogBox updated, version)
Rhodox: Painterly Pack YogBox edition (if I can find it separately)
Kinniken: millenaire version 1.1.6
NanoTom: Single Player RPG version 1.3_1 by
SmallDeadGuy: Elemental Creepers v 1.2.2
DrZhark: Mo'Creatures version 2.12.2
DaftPVF: Floating ruins
Axebane: Mystic Ores v0.4, Mystic Ruins v0.3
Scokeev9: Radomite Ore
jimeowan: Inventory Tweaks version 1.30
ReiFNSK: Rei's Minimap v 1.6_01
MALfunction84: Somnia v12
DaftPVF: Treecapitator

I included some duplicates because I'm not sure of the version that has already been tested

If anyone has any suggestions for how I can make this easier I would love to hear it, because this is going to be a somewhat trying way to try and get all the mods mentioned above (or the one's that I can) to work with BTW and BTW to work with them. If I get a fail and an error report I guess I'll post that to one of the other forums/threads that deal particularly with those issues.

Any advice anyone could give me before I start this marathon of compatibility madness, so that I can report it back to this thread, would be greatly appreciated!

And just so everyone knows, adding a file named minecraft.bat alongside minecraft.exe and .minecraft to the same file folder and putting the following code into the .bat file really helps in speeding up minecraft testing processes:

@echo off
Title Minecraft Launcher
set APPDATA=%CD%\
start %CD%\minecraft.exe
M!C

Post by M!C »

RedPower Core, RedPower Logic, RedPower Wiring, RedPower Lighting by Eloraam all work fine since he's also using the forge (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/365 ... tone-pipe/).