Unofficial mod compatibility list for BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
cheechako

Re: Is there a mod compatibility list for BTW?

Post by cheechako »

Well, if I launch CJB with everything enabled (except the 3 optionals), everything seems fine. But it would be hard to test all situations, like what if I teleported while riding a BTW platform.

For the most part, CJB does not touch core files and adds a 4 items, and a few pressure plates. All of these IDs can be configured. It is primarily interface changes, which I doubt would conflict with BTW. The three optional put-in-jar files are for Fly in SMP, X-Ray, and a no-fire-spread cheat.

I normally just run with More Info (the HUD display), the Mini Map (though I usually hide it), the Item Spawner (sorta like TMI), Fly. I've never used the items (wands, nightvision goggles) and the pressure plates are in the latest 1.7.3 release.

I know Battosay uses CJB too - you can see the HUD and Mini Map in some of his videos.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I play with Shelves, and CJB's mod, but only the minimap and more info part. Everything else (Tp, cheats, spawner, fly) is disabled.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Well Millenaire, More Creeps & Weirdos and Mo'Creatures all work fine together with BTW. I am using Shockah's achievement pages (it's a needed mod for More Creeps), Lahwran's minimap (previously Zan's) and Audio Mod / Mod Loader too :)

When Xie updates his cooking and farming mods I'll try to pull those back in. I know Millenaire conflicts with Xie's farming mod so I changed the farming.txt in Mods > Xie as follows:

BlockID.cottonPlant=106
BlockID.lettucePlant=107

that way you don't need to install a block id extension mod :) I've gone over my 1.6.5 installation and I can't see any .class clashes with Xie's cooking & farming mod and BTW but will update this when I've tested more.
christonian

Post by christonian »

Kitty wrote:Well Millenaire, More Creeps & Weirdos and Mo'Creatures all work fine together with BTW. I am using Shockah's achievement pages (it's a needed mod for More Creeps), Lahwran's minimap (previously Zan's) and Audio Mod / Mod Loader too :)

When Xie updates his cooking and farming mods I'll try to pull those back in. I know Millenaire conflicts with Xie's farming mod so I changed the farming.txt in Mods > Xie as follows:

BlockID.cottonPlant=106
BlockID.lettucePlant=107

that way you don't need to install a block id extension mod :) I've gone over my 1.6.5 installation and I can't see any .class clashes with Xie's cooking & farming mod and BTW but will update this when I've tested more.
can anyone confirm this working with 1.7.2 because I dont want to mess up my save but love the above mods
christonian

Post by christonian »

does anybody know if this works and would I have to start a new game or is it able to be added to older saves???

More Health by nohero (CORE)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...?f=25&t=122510

Also this one too???
Nature Overhaul
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191 ... s-spreads/
elustran

Post by elustran »

christonian wrote:can anyone confirm this working with 1.7.2 because I dont want to mess up my save but love the above mods
Haven't double-checked yet, but More Creeps and Weirdos and Mo' Creatures have 1.7.2 versions. I'm not going to add Xie's or Millenaire to my list yet since they're still in 1.6. I'm near-certain they won't work for 1.7.

If you want to try something, just backup your saves in your .minecraft folder. Hell, back up the whole .minecraft folder so you can restore everything, including the right version of Minecraft without the faulty mods installed in case something fucks up.
elustran

Post by elustran »

christonian wrote:does anybody know if this works and would I have to start a new game or is it able to be added to older saves???

More Health by nohero (CORE)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...?f=25&t=122510

Also this one too???
Nature Overhaul
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191 ... s-spreads/
Nature Overhaul looks like it has a version for 1.7.2 listed there too, and so does More Health.

Also, this is the link for More Health - your link didn't seem to work.

Just backup your files and try it, like I mentioned in the other post. I might give them a spin too tomorrow evening when I get back home, assuming you don't try them and report.
christonian

Post by christonian »

Just backup your files and try it, like I mentioned in the other post. I might give them a spin too tomorrow evening when I get back home, assuming you don't try them and report.
Seems like both work with no problems so far I will post if I find any issues
Shengji

BTW and Nature Overhaul

Post by Shengji »

Traditionally these two mods have always been compatible, however, since nature overhaul has added long grass spreading which uses the ru.class file, they clash.

To resolve this it is critical that you install Nature Overhaul first, then BTW. This will remove the long grass spreading functionality, but the rest of the mod will work fine.

If you have installed BTW and wish to install NO later, you will need to reinstall the ru.class file from BTW.

Hope this helps!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Urian

Re: BTW and Nature Overhaul

Post by Urian »

Shengji wrote:Traditionally these two mods have always been compatible, however, since nature overhaul has added long grass spreading which uses the ru.class file, they clash.

To resolve this it is critical that you install Nature Overhaul first, then BTW. This will remove the long grass spreading functionality, but the rest of the mod will work fine.

If you have installed BTW and wish to install NO later, you will need to reinstall the ru.class file from BTW.

Hope this helps!

Good info for those who use both BTW and NO. Moved and merged though since it's not a bug.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Urian wrote: Moved and merged though since it's not a bug.
Thanks, had completely missed this thread!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Brothulhu

Re: Unofficial mod compatibility list for BTW

Post by Brothulhu »

Dynamic lights works with BTW flawlessly.

Its always fun to be able to walk around with a light source.
elustran

Post by elustran »

Shengji wrote:Traditionally these two mods have always been compatible, however, since nature overhaul has added long grass spreading which uses the ru.class file, they clash.

I've added and attributed your installation note to my list. Thanks to you and to Urian for merging the comment!

Also, thanks to Battosay for renaming the thread. I found myself wishing I had named it more appropriately.
christonian

Post by christonian »

Hope this helps!
so what does this mean if I have it installed a different way that I would find hemp seeds anymore by hoeing or something else???
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

ru is Tall Grass. So I think you can still get hemp seeds from regular grass if you install NO's ru after BTW.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
VonGod

Post by VonGod »

I'd like to leave a quick comment.

This thread is incredibly useful, and I thank you greatly for it.
I've been skeptical to get any other mods, in fear the mods may clash.

Been through the annoying process of reinstalling MC and reintegrating the mods I already had on. .

Perhaps in the future I'll help with the project!
I must get more memory on my computer first, though.
ddily

Post by ddily »

i do not believe that mo creatures is compatible with the 1.7.3 version of BTW i get a black screen every time i load the two mods together
JWA

Post by JWA »

Has anyone tested industrial craft? Not that I really want to use them together, and only just saw a video for it so not sure I want to download it at all, but would be good to know.
Urian

Post by Urian »

JWA wrote:Has anyone tested industrial craft? Not that I really want to use them together, and only just saw a video for it so not sure I want to download it at all, but would be good to know.
I used to play with IC before I switched to BTW (they're supposed to be compatible if you use Minecraft extended but I've never tried it). It's an ok mod but I abandoned it since it didn't feel the slightest like minecraft. You go from stone tools to mining lasers and nano suits very quickly. The part I most liked with it was figuring out how to lay down cables, where to split them, etc in order to make an efficient energy grid.

In short, if you don't care if a mod preserves the "minecraft atmosphere" then it's worth trying I guess.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/246 ... the-skies/
This is a mod that adds a helicopter to minecraft.
The helicopter can ride the lifts and workes in a Fully packed mod so easy instlation it is 1.7.3 Compatible.
elustran

Post by elustran »

Urian wrote:
JWA wrote:Has anyone tested industrial craft? Not that I really want to use them together, and only just saw a video for it so not sure I want to download it at all, but would be good to know.
I used to play with IC before I switched to BTW (they're supposed to be compatible if you use Minecraft extended but I've never tried it). It's an ok mod but I abandoned it since it didn't feel the slightest like minecraft. You go from stone tools to mining lasers and nano suits very quickly. The part I most liked with it was figuring out how to lay down cables, where to split them, etc in order to make an efficient energy grid.

In short, if you don't care if a mod preserves the "minecraft atmosphere" then it's worth trying I guess.
That's pretty much why I went with BTW over IC when I was looking for some content extension to minecraft. IC seems to have several other problems with it, notably it adds a lot of levels of complexity that don't look like they contribute to 'fun' and it isn't as visually stimulating as BTW. Buildcraft looked interesting too - notably, it looked like it had very cool automated building and mining features, but it didn't feel 'minecraft'.
elustran

Post by elustran »

ddily wrote:i do not believe that mo creatures is compatible with the 1.7.3 version of BTW i get a black screen every time i load the two mods together
I just tested it for a bit and it seemed to work fine, although I didn't try *everything*. Use a clean install and make sure you follow the directions. There's also a folder called 'resources' in mo'creatures - drop that directly into the .minecraft folder. I think that may have been left out of the readme.
Urian

Post by Urian »

A question for those who use Nature Overhaul:
Does the lumberjack function also work with saws?
ddily

Post by ddily »

no i does not work.... the following mods were installed

BTW
toomanyitems

Mo creaturs.
Urian

Post by Urian »

ddily wrote:no i does not work.... the following mods were installed

BTW
toomanyitems
Mo creaturs.
Yeah, I guessed as much since it's most likely a modification made to the axe, not the wood. Oh well, back to the drawing board for a log farm.