Finding a witch hut in an old world

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
The great randomo

Finding a witch hut in an old world

Post by The great randomo »

With the changes to witches making them worthwhile to farm, I want to do just this. However, the world I play on is very old and large, so I expect I would have to travel thousands of blocks to find a hut.
Is there any way to make them spawn in the already loaded world or something similar?
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Foxy Boxes

Re: Finding a witch hut in an old world

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Apparently, witches will spawn where their huts should be, regardless of if the actual structure is there. Although don't quote me on that and good luck finding where a hut should be.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Only way would be to use mcedit to delete the chunks of a swamp biome and let the world re-generate them, hoping to get lucky. Otherwise you will need to find a new swamp.

Witches themselves should no longer require a hut area to spawn, since they are now the only source for potion duration extension. My advice would be to seek out a swamp biome at night and see what shows up.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nah man, spawn behavior for witches is still vanilla. When I was talking about that the other night, I was saying that I *would* look into loosening their spawn restrictions, not that I already had.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

It is like fortresses, in that they spawn where it would be, regardless of if the hut is actually built. You just have to explore swamps and wait for one to spawn
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

It depends how legit you want to be. If you want the hut itself as a feature in your world you can use MCEdit (as Dave suggested) to delete the chunks.

If you are hardcore about not using that sort of thing you will need a nether rail or whatnot to get new blocks as you suggest.

If you dont care about legit too much with this then you can use map viewers that will show you exactly where they are meant to spawn (I have one for adventure map making but I can't remember the name off the top of my head, I know it works for witches, will update when I get home).

Personally I'm big on keeping my world legit but by removing and regenerating swamp chunks I dont really I'm cheating at all. For one its a vMC world gen update so there are very few ways around that since they seem to expect new worlds all the time and second I dislike the idea of Witches spawning out of nowhere, that feels more illegit than regenerating the chunks, to me.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Utterbob wrote:It depends how legit you want to be. If you want the hut itself as a feature in your world you can use MCEdit (as Dave suggested) to delete the chunks.

If you are hardcore about not using that sort of thing you will need a nether rail or whatnot to get new blocks as you suggest.

If you dont care about legit too much with this then you can use map viewers that will show you exactly where they are meant to spawn (I have one for adventure map making but I can't remember the name off the top of my head, I know it works for witches, will update when I get home).

Personally I'm big on keeping my world legit but by removing and regenerating swamp chunks I dont really I'm cheating at all. For one its a vMC world gen update so there are very few ways around that since they seem to expect new worlds all the time and second I dislike the idea of Witches spawning out of nowhere, that feels more illegit than regenerating the chunks, to me.
Yeah i'm kinda iffy on the chunk regeneration, but i play on a map from 1.2.3 and so the biomes are allll messed up. In that situation, i think it's pretty fair to regenerate the chunks for that kind of thing. But i wouldst call it cheating, necessarily.