Why do clouds make things dissapear? (minecraft) SOLVED

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Kain Magin

Why do clouds make things dissapear? (minecraft) SOLVED

Post by Kain Magin »

OK, running latest BTW, using Pandoku Texture pack 2.1. Dunno if thats relevant, but the clouds are making the top of my building disappear...

below the cloud level: top of building just gone

in/above clouds: building visible.

turn off clouds, building visible from wherever.

any idea why this is? and any way to fix it? I like the clouds...

EDIT: Blah, nevermind... finaly got a result through Google, seems like this has been happening since vMC 1.4.2 and is fixed in snapshot 13w06a for anyone else having this problem.
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
DaveYanakov

Re: Why do clouds make things dissapear? (minecraft) SOLVED

Post by DaveYanakov »

I really wish they would just bump the cloud level up to better match the new height limit...

They're running out of fluff features that take five minutes to add. This one would actually be useful.
Better is the enemy of Good
barcode

Post by barcode »

DaveYanakov wrote:I really wish they would just bump the cloud level up to better match the new height limit...

They're running out of fluff features that take five minutes to add. This one would actually be useful.
That was one of the features I liked about Optifine the most when Mojang raised the build-height limit... but since it no longer is compatible with BTW we have to deal with it, I guess.
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

DaveYanakov wrote:I really wish they would just bump the cloud level up to better match the new height limit...
I dunno, I prefer being able to build above the clouds and experience ruling over the world. Why should I (or Steve?) be limited by a bit of water vapour?
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
barcode

Post by barcode »

Foxy Boxes wrote:
I dunno, I prefer being able to build above the clouds and experience ruling over the world. Why should I (or Steve?) be limited by a bit of water vapour?
...that's exactly why I had it set to 75-80% of the maximum height. That way the achievement of building all the way up there was even higher. :)

The feel of it is really different, much more immersive to me.
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

You could build a room above the cloud layer back when the height limit was 128. Having it bumped to 230 out of 256 would still give you the ability to have your duper high observation deck without looking silly just because you built your base on a mountaintop and now the clouds are clipping through your living room.
Better is the enemy of Good