Hardcore Silverfish *SPOILERS, CHEAT FREE*

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
basneakyviper

Hardcore Silverfish *SPOILERS, CHEAT FREE*

Post by basneakyviper »

This is my first post, so i wanted to say amazing mod fc I've been following for a little under a year and have never been let down. Thanks and keep up the great work.

With that out of the way... Silverfish!
Spoiler
Show
I have made my base in the middle of a mountain, could be extreme hills, but it's one mountain in the middle of a plains/taiga next to a river. I have killed over 15 silverfish in a matter of hours and they have been spawning at all different y levels. All this has been on the server i am on, and have never seen one until today. i have managed to isolate a single silverfish block and will now commence my studies...
Six

Re: Hardcore Silverfish *SPOILERS, CHEAT FREE*

Post by Six »

I've been really curious about what these changes are. In the same changelog as HC silverfish there was mention of an addition to a beacon effect, and in the beacon spoiler thread someone reported finding silverfish infesting their buildings. They said they had diamond, emerald and obsidian running, so maybe it's from one of these?

Do you have any of those beacons running basneakyviper?
basneakyviper

Post by basneakyviper »

No, I'm not currently running any beacons.
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

Let me share some more..
Spoiler
Show
My village is build next to a tower made by MC Dungeon. I know that tower had silverfish in it because I ever setup any Beacons.

But soon after installing the latest BTW update, the silverfish got real aggressive, it was raining silverfish. They have infested Stone Bricks I put down.
Now that Tower is riddled with holes..

I don't know what sets them off, but while playing with my daughter she would come near infested Stone, and next thing I knew, 3 silverfish would be chasing her..
It got so bad she didn't want to go anywhere near that infested area.

I've turned off my beacons, seems they are calmer now. but who knows?
Thanks FC, you have managed to my silverfish who once were kinda cute. Into a hated mob. Wish I had some bug spray..
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh shit...you actually just made me check the code with the above as it indicates something has gone rather wrong with the silverfish that shouldn't be happening.

Turns out I made a major gaff and flubbed one of the conditions for the above happening. Expect an emergency patch shortly. Very sorry for this guys. If you're experiencing an infestation I strongly recommend holding off on playing until I get the patch out, as those little bastards will seriously fuck your shit up :\
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

FlowerChild wrote:Oh shit... those little bastards will seriously fuck your shit up :\
LOL!
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

This is our enderman farm. It recently has been infected by silverfish, and we are in the process of making it into white stone.
Spoiler
Show
We think it has something to do with the obsidian beacon placed there, or the infernal enchanter at the library. We first saw them at the library, and both the Infernal Enchanter and Beacon are near it We also know that FC likes each dimension to have it's own properties, so it's possible that Silverfish are the end's unique property, also because they are found near end portals.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just in case their was any doubt, that's NOT a bug when it occurs in the end dimension ;)
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Oh i should also note that if you get an infestation, it helps alot to flood the affected area if it's stone brick. and has space under it of course.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Ok, this has me really scared.
Will the silverfish infect player placed stone brick/cobble? If they do, then they have the potential to destroy my entire base :/
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

And I was thinking my save was corrupt, now I know why my base is gone, good that I have copy of the server world.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Having hardcore spawned into an amazing location in my world (a sand village mostly generated in a plains biome and 2 skellie Dungeons in a cave system very close by, all less than 300 blocks from a stronghold) after only the first few days of punching trees, I managed to find my stronghold rather quickly, I've *isolated* (completely enclosed in wood) several infested samples already and I am working on building a massive lab for testing. I can't wait to unlock the secrets of these little buggers!

also, I wonder if they have any interaction with <censored>?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go