I hate bats with a passion

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Battosay

I hate bats with a passion

Post by Battosay »

They're useless.
They'll spawn pretty much everywhere.
Even in a 1x1 space.
Even in mushroom biomes.
Even in peacefull ...

Now they're fucking up my lenses signals, making my elevator go crazy and my light switch all dance-floor style.

So ... a lens beam can't be interrupted by bats ?
Or an option to disable bats spawning ?
Or completely remove those fuckers ? :)
Anything :p
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: I hate bats with a passion

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...this is my kinda request :)

I've been mulling it over for awhile now, and am thinking of leaning towards a combination of the following:

-Restricted spawn conditions so that you can control where they'll appear (similar to what I do with slimes and nether mobs).

-Giving the stupid fuckers an in-game use so that they aren't just a useless nuisance.

-Giving them a downside so that they're also a form of hazard.

I won't get into further details on it, but yes, it's something that has been on my mind, and if it's driving you nuts too, then it's all the more likely I'll do something about it ;)
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...this is my kinda request :)

I've been mulling it over for awhile now, and am thinking of leaning towards a combination of the following:

-Restricted spawn conditions so that you can control where they'll appear (similar to what I do with slimes and nether mobs).

-Giving the stupid fuckers an in-game use so that they aren't just a useless nuisance.

-Giving them a downside so that they're also a form of hazard.

I won't get into further details on it, but yes, it's something that has been on my mind, and if it's driving you nuts too, then it's all the more likely I'll do something about it ;)
You are my hero sir.
(Sounds kinda funny when I remember how old I am)

@ Battosay

I hope it helps: My channel for the lens beam in the eleveator is lit with many torches and it seems that in don't cause those problem with bats
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I don't suppose lens beams being lethal is an option. I would love to fry the bastards with focused light and it would give us a way to kill them in mob traps without illuminating the spawn areas.
Better is the enemy of Good
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

DaveYanakov wrote:I don't suppose lens beams being lethal is an option. I would love to fry the bastards with focused light and it would give us a way to kill them in mob traps without illuminating the spawn areas.
In my flat test world I would get tons of bats spawning in houses. Drove me nuts! At one point I needed to do some mockups in the nether so I took one of the random nether portals I had sitting around.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a good 30 or so bats had traveled through the portal and were now burning to death because of nearby flames. I promptly cracked open a beer to celebrate :)