Ok, I'm hooked on Ace of Spades

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Ok, I'm hooked on Ace of Spades

Post by FlowerChild »

A couple of days ago they released an update for Ace of Spades that included "Classic Mode". I've been playing a lot of it ever since, and enjoying it immensely.

Just an FYI for people that may have picked up the game and dropped it because it sucked (and it truly did). Classic mode is a whole other ball of wax, and well worth a try.
johnt

Re: Ok, I'm hooked on Ace of Spades

Post by johnt »

What's classic mode? I tried it last year and gave up on it because it was so ugly it gave me a headache, and the fights never really seemed to go anywhere..
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

I would assume it's basically how the game was before Jagex picked it up, added classes and made the trench warfare mechanic obselete. I looked at the game before and after those changes and it definitely suffered, glad to hear the classic is back. :P
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Is this a game where you can design a map and import it for use in matches?
Better is the enemy of Good
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I got it a bit ago, and it was... Pretty bad. Classic mode might be worth a try though, I didn't know it was added
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

This is great news! I was hooked into this game until the newer fail version came along.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Is there any reason to buy the game if you're just going to play classic mode, though? Some members of the community kept up the old version over at buildandshoot.com.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Katalliaan wrote:Is there any reason to buy the game if you're just going to play classic mode, though? Some members of the community kept up the old version over at buildandshoot.com.
No idea man, as I never played the original. I just put this message out there for people that might have bought it over the holidays like I did.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

The original was fun. I remmember playing it when we only had rifles. The random generated maps were great for bunkers. It really was fun. When they added the SMG and the shotgun, at least for me, the gameplay kinda got ruined and then everyone started putting up maps with buildings already made. That killed it for me. I might look around the classic mode to see if it makes me go buy it.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

I played both the original prior to Jagex's acquisition, played the game after Jagex got hold of it, and then, over the past few days I've played the Classic CTF mode that was just added, and I can say that it is almost identical to the original game, and as such is much better fun. The only differences are that there are a few more maps that resemble the newer maps more, but they also have the old ones. So, the game is actually now worth a look.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.