Ghasts spawn back in beta 1.4

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Battosay

Ghasts spawn back in beta 1.4

Post by Battosay »

Spoiler
Show
Wasn't that much more fun and dangerous ?

Found on reddit :
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... k_in_beta/
Pentagram

Re: Ghasts spawn back in beta 1.4

Post by Pentagram »

More ghasts spawning was fun, although slightly irritating while building structures and getting blasted at continually.... but IT'S HELL! It's meant to be dangerous =P

I preferred the spawning back then... constant fireballs :D
It meant it was more of a reward when you managed to build a more enclosed area too
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Battosay wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Wasn't that much more fun and dangerous ?

Found on reddit :
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... k_in_beta/
didn't that cause massive lag ?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Nope, I always remember it being relatively lag free. It was much, much more fun when there was that colossal volume of ghasts. It was the noise more than anything that got to me after a while.
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

It did cause a great deal of lag for me once I'd spent more than twenty minutes in the nether. There seemed there was no cap on their spawning and there were nothing but pigmen to compete for the entity count in any case.
Better is the enemy of Good
Six

Post by Six »

I was thinking about this the other day, any large open area that was left loaded for a period of time would get like this. Although the strange thing, which you can notice in the picture, was how they mostly seemed to end up around the edge of the loaded area.

But it would be nice to once again have to fight 2+ ghasts from time to time, they have become somewhat sparse in the Nether.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Ah yes! I remember playing baseball with multiple ghasts at once! Good times. It was always fun to get between a pair and see if you could get them to shoot each other.
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

Ah yes, good ol' times when I first entered the Nether, being immediately assaulted by thirty wailing infants shooting flaming snowballs at me. Did make traversing the Slip more interesting. Got grating fast though, because IIRC, there was a bug that make ghasts sound right in your year regardless of their position.

This also makes me nostalgic for an old and rather pretty base I once had... thanks Batto.
:V
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Shinxy wrote:There was a bug that make ghasts sound right in your year regardless of their position.
Yeah, we all know they are far more ancient than us, but mask themselves to look young ;)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

dawnraider wrote:
Shinxy wrote:There was a bug that make ghasts sound right in your year regardless of their position.
Yeah, we all know they are far more ancient than us, but mask themselves to look young ;)
*head desk*
Yeah, I probably shouldn't be doing much of anything being this tired/sick. Hell, I just made 8 extra crucibles by accident in my SSP world before I realized I wanted urns all along...
:V