Electric power for powered minecart

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gwyndion

Electric power for powered minecart

Post by Gwyndion »

Hello everybody, I'm new to BTW so toying around with some options. Seeing as last I played was before pistons etc were itnroduced I've alot of new toys to play with. I'm looking to automate some things and while I've seen some nice designs minetracks I'm wondering if there's any way I can power a powered minecart with electricity as opposed to coal? Would seem like more fun to set that up than it would be to set up an automated treefarm. Haven't seen any items that indicate it's possible though (haven't seen any batteries/wire etc). Any other fun things I should be trying out? The elevator seems like a fun thing to try out soon.
Talrea

Re: Electric power for powered minecart

Post by Talrea »

your silly,

the simple answer is redstone.

lookup redstone on blacklcats thread or youtube. powered rails pretty much replaced any real use of coal powered carts. but.. vmc has hinted at re visiting the minecart and updating it. i think several btw updates tweaked the system slightly as well.
Psion

Post by Psion »

You can use a combination of block dispensers (to suck up minecart chests), minecart chests, hoppers, powered rails, detector rail variants that BTW adds, and redstone witchery to make some pretty impressive automated item transportation systems. no need for silly electricity.
Talrea

Post by Talrea »

if you wanna transpoort items you gotta look at BTW hoppers and filters, especally with watercurrents etc.
Gwyndion

Post by Gwyndion »

Oh I saw some nice redstone views but I was kind of hoping to use electric power for it too, not that the redstone setups don't seem nice :). Was more of a question about how widely I can employ the electric power. While gold isn't that rare I like making bases in different faraway places (still got to build a viking town sometime) so I'd prefer a renewable way of fast minecarts over the powered minetracks :). Thanks for the responses though.
Talrea

Post by Talrea »

with later BTW teck youl be able to make extra redstone, that and after a day or so of exploring deepcaves i tend to end up with chests of the stuff. as for gold, thats easy once you set up mob farms in the nether.

extensive minecrart railsystems are actually positively encouraged with better than wolves.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

There's no such thing as electric power in BTW. The only "power" is mechanical power; redstone is treated as "signal".
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

It is actually rather difficult to use mine cart chests as a form of decay proof item transport, as the functionality provided by block dispenses is buggy at best, a collection system using them that is fully automated would require some very precise workings, though I might mess around with it if I see that people want something along those lines.

I would recommend just letting your ideas flow out in a creative flatlands map, that's generally worked for me pretty well :)

As for the actual "pushing" of the minecarts, you have two options, either make a booster track system or use the old school booster track glitch. But I'll let you figure those out on your own as they are rather fun to mess with.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Gwyndion

Post by Gwyndion »

True enough :). Would just've been nice if we could, say, store energy and plug it into a powered minecart or so :P.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Guys, he's an obvious troll, or else he would have dropped the whole electricity thing by now. If he genuinely didn't know, chances are he would have posted over on MCF.
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Vive le vent,
Vive le vent,
Vive le vent d'hiver.
Qui s'en va,
Soufflant soufflant,
Dans les grands sapins verts.

Spoiler
Show