Dota 2 keys

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Detritus

Dota 2 keys

Post by Detritus »

Hello all,
due to randomness, today in my Steam inventory I have found 7 new dota 2 keys, and an email saying why I got them. (ie, no particular reason.)
So, because nearly all my friends already have the game, I'm putting the invite out there to everyone on the forums. You will have to friend me though, in order to recieve the keys. Anything will be accepted in return (into my inventory) but is not necessary.

EDIT: No more requests will be answered at this time; all my keys are going to someone now! If I get any more in future, you can have some by all means.
Last edited by Detritus on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
embirrim

Re: Dota 2 keys

Post by embirrim »

Detritus wrote:Hello all,
due to randomness, today in my Steam inventory I have found 7 new dota 2 keys, and an email saying why I got them. (ie, no particular reason.)
So, because nearly all my friends already have the game, I'm putting the invite out there to everyone on the forums. You will have to friend me though, in order to recieve the keys. Anything will be accepted in return (into my inventory) but is not necessary.
Oh I thought I was special! I just got 5 keys a couple days ago :(
It's such an addicting game =)
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Shit, I've always wanted to give DoTA a try, would be much obliged if I could claim one of those
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

agentwiggles wrote:Shit, I've always wanted to give DoTA a try, would be much obliged if I could claim one of those
Ditto. I have always watched the matches and thought the game looked really interesting. Ibwould be excited to play it if you still have a key available. :)
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Yeah, if you have a key I would like to try the game. I could always use something new to play over my winter break :)
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Hum, my friends talk about Dota 2 in school sometimes. I would like to give it a go, could you give me one of those please?
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I would like to give this a try if you're so inclined. I've really enjoyed Lol. I don't have much to trade unless you want a temp-ban or something. j/k :D
Litar

Post by Litar »

I'd like to try as well, I would be very grateful:)
Sorries for my english, it's not ny native language. If you are a grammar nazi and feel an imposible to suppress urge to correct me, feel free to do so in a private msg. I'll try to keep it in mind and not make the same error again:)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I doubt it would convert me from League but I would be interested in checking this out
Better is the enemy of Good
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Sure, add me on Steam, name is loudee1 (mother set up the account for me a while ago, I've claimed it as my own since then but you can't change the original name.)
I'm giving out six, because one of them is going to another friend of mine. Will give them to all who have made a request here, and then anyone else after this post, until I run out.
EDIT: crap, there are seven of you who've requested up till now. I'll see whether my other friend wants it at all, and if he doesn't I'll make the last one available for yanakov. However, I cannot take any more requests now. I apologise if anyone else wanted one, but you were too slow.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Added. Thanks so much for the generous offer. ID is the same: Ulfengaard. Cheers, mate.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Awesome stuff man, added. As you might guess, username is the same as here.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

I played Dota back when it was on WC3 and had ridiculous loading times. Dota 2 is definitely a HUGE improvement, but IMO kept things that I disliked from the first one. Most of what I didn't like is what makes Dota 2 much more 'hardcore' if you will, when compared to League of Legends. Unfortunately, I really can't compete with the teenagers who have all the time in the world to completely master Dota 2 and all its aspects--so LoL suffices me. It was fun to play through the nostalgia of the old characters though. Gotta love popping up behind someone with the furbolg and destroying them in a few seconds.
Litar

Post by Litar »

Added you. Username same as here:)
Sorries for my english, it's not ny native language. If you are a grammar nazi and feel an imposible to suppress urge to correct me, feel free to do so in a private msg. I'll try to keep it in mind and not make the same error again:)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

tom_savage wrote:I played Dota back when it was on WC3 and had ridiculous loading times. Dota 2 is definitely a HUGE improvement, but IMO kept things that I disliked from the first one. Most of what I didn't like is what makes Dota 2 much more 'hardcore' if you will, when compared to League of Legends. Unfortunately, I really can't compete with the teenagers who have all the time in the world to completely master Dota 2 and all its aspects--so LoL suffices me. It was fun to play through the nostalgia of the old characters though. Gotta love popping up behind someone with the furbolg and destroying them in a few seconds.
Matchmaking is pretty good in Dota 2. I'm not 100% sure what it's based on, but it takes in account not only the time you have palyed, but also the win-loss ratio. So no, you probably won't be matched up with a five-stack of guys in lan drinking energy drinks, with a trainer behind them shouting commands.
DemonButter

Post by DemonButter »

I have 6 keys I can give away if anyone is interested, Steam: DemonButter
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

DemonButter wrote:I have 6 keys I can give away if anyone is interested, Steam: DemonButter
Hey, if you don't mind I'd like one of those keys. I'll add you soon. ID is similar to forum name :)
Locke

Post by Locke »

Wow, you guys are the best. Could I have a key? I don't play much of this sort of thing, but I have a friend who does and I nonviolently don't have a gift for him :D

Steam: Steven_hawking
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Not to clog up the thread, but I just wanted to throw in a +1 for Detritus. I’ve got the key, and I’m looking forward to trying this out this evening. Thanks, man.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Ulfengaard wrote:Not to clog up the thread, but I just wanted to throw in a +1 for Detritus. I’ve got the key, and I’m looking forward to trying this out this evening. Thanks, man.
TY bro, it doesn't hurt me in any way giving these out, as frankly I was at a loss for what to do with them.
Psion

Post by Psion »

I always did enjoy the DotA games on warcraft III. My account name is psiuser if you would like to toss me a key! ^^/

::edit:: aaand got! Thanks so much, Demonbutter!
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

I've decided to cave in to this thread and release my own 5 keys for people's enjoyment, and also for my enjoyment too =) hopefully you people have mics, and care to join teamspeak or steam voice channels so we can have some pleasant games.
My steam username is bbw92 and my current ign is embirrim. So for those that want company to play, please add me! and for those who want both keys and company, also add me =) Please talk to me if you're online and have just added me so I know who it is.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

embirrim wrote:So for those that want company to play, please add me!
DemonButter was kind enough to give me a key yesterday. We had a couple of games but there's certainly some more learning to do :P I've added you on steam!
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

I recently got 6 keys to DoTA 2 for anyone who still wants one.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Strangely, my client ended up being a spectator client.