Any way to get OptiFine HD D4 Ultra to work with BTW?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
dawnraider

Any way to get OptiFine HD D4 Ultra to work with BTW?

Post by dawnraider »

I am interested in downloading this mod:http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/153 ... haders-of/, but it requires this version of optifine. Is there a way to get it to work, or can I just not use the shader?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mikko_blu

Re: Any way to get OptiFine HD D4 Ultra to work with BTW?

Post by Mikko_blu »

I would say it's pretty safe to assume that it's not going to work, at least not without some code editing. I don't think they have been compatible since BTW 4.10
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah, I assumed they weren't, I was just wondering if there was a way to get it to work. I guess I will just dive into the code to make a personal patch (maybe figure out how to make a diff. Patch so I can distribute it without giving out FC's code)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

if i remember correctly, but i might very well be wrong, i believe there was an error in aux.class. But i can't remember, and things also could have changed.
saucyjohn

Post by saucyjohn »

Hey Dawnrider I am very interested in your progress at this venture. I actually have not been playing BTW for this very reason. Can't stand Minecraft without it. I messaged Karyonix and asked if he would be willing to make GLSL compatible with BTW. But he saud he would need the source code for BTW in order to make it work. I dont if this helps but GLSL does work without Optifine and it looks great!! I even tried Sonic Ethers Unbelievable Shaders but the moment I install BTW GLSL stops working. Now I have been able to get BTW at least running with Optifine and GLSL using the method that reaper45693 described in the post "How to correctly install BTW 3.92-4.12 with Optifine" but I am missing textures. For instance glass is invisible and so was sandstone I think.

Anyways I hope this helps. Especially if I can play BTW for the holidays with GLSL!!
Dilun

Post by Dilun »

saucyjohn wrote:I messaged Karyonix and asked if he would be willing to make GLSL compatible with BTW. But he saud he would need the source code for BTW in order to make it work.
Like such thing will ever happen.
Warr1024

Post by Warr1024 »

saucyjohn wrote:...source code for BTW...
He will have to decompile it with MCP like the other add-on authors.

Remember that any of FC's code, including portions of the base classes he has modified, or any derivatives, are not redistributable in source or binary form. This means that any mod/add-on author will need to either (1) avoid touching any of the classes that are modified by BTW, or (2) use a patching process like the Better With Renewables add-on, which requires the end-user to individually obtain BTW, decompile, patch, and recompile the game. The decompiled code can only be used for personal use, i.e. understanding the structure of BTW and any hooks available.

EDIT: Attempt to clarify.
Make add-ons, not suggestions.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

I will never complain about mods not being compatible with BTW, but I wish this one was. My son plays on my old crappy lappy, and my wife plays on her crappy maccy, neither of which play very well without optifine, the difference is night and day. So I'm forced to either play vanilla with them, and gouge my eyes out with boredom, or put them both through video lag hell. At any rate, I wish you the best in your endeavors.
DumbassTurtle

Post by DumbassTurtle »

tom_savage wrote:I will never complain about mods not being compatible with BTW, but I wish this one was. My son plays on my old crappy lappy, and my wife plays on her crappy maccy, neither of which play very well without optifine, the difference is night and day. So I'm forced to either play vanilla with them, and gouge my eyes out with boredom, or put them both through video lag hell. At any rate, I wish you the best in your endeavors.
I feel your pain, my rig is not useable atm so I'm on a little hp netbook. Was playing on a BTW lan but we've gotten to a point where I'm unable to play anymore. Got particles turned off the lowest render distance all that jazz, I miss my rig very much.
Eh something, something...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

tom_savage wrote:I will never complain about mods not being compatible with BTW, but I wish this one was. My son plays on my old crappy lappy, and my wife plays on her crappy maccy, neither of which play very well without optifine, the difference is night and day. So I'm forced to either play vanilla with them, and gouge my eyes out with boredom, or put them both through video lag hell. At any rate, I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Jesus H. Christ on a rubber crutch. Yeah...necro rampage.

Wtf dude?