Return to Home Visual Interpretation

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DemonButter

Return to Home Visual Interpretation

Post by DemonButter »

As I'm sure everyone who lurks/participates in the BTW forums knows of RTH's coming in some other shape or form, be it an expansion to BTW (I.E. new dimension), a whole new mod or whatever FlowerChild manages to conjure. As per usual, questions come up and sometimes FlowerChild gives out hints, an example could be found in the most recent Dev Diary (3rd Dec). I plan on, instead of simply just discussing, turning what I find out into something artistic.
So far I have text:
Spoiler
Show
Which includes as much as I know in terms of the naming and labeling of RTH. The motto itself has a clue on a possible feature of RTH, I haven't drawn it in just yet as it's a very long process and I wanted to see if the BTW community is interested participating; the text itself was mostly done by hand and took a couple of hours. Enough interest picks up and I'll polish and add to the drawing with time (Which I have a lot of).
Hopefully what I'm trying to do has been relayed clearly but just to be sure, I do NOT know exacts on RTH features, I'm just speculating at what has been shown and please feel free to share your own speculations and I'll draw it and post it if I can fit it in or just do it pretty enough.

P.S. I'm a super forum lurker over a poster so I have limited technical knowledge, the picture is spoiler-ed but is there a way to shrink it into the page without shrinking the image itself?
DaveYanakov

Re: Return to Home Visual Interpretation

Post by DaveYanakov »

BB image resize codes don't appear to be enabled for the server. Normally you would do it with IMG=100X100]image.here[/IMG
In this case you'll need to make a smaller copy of the image and host that in parallel with larger image linked for download if you're looking to share it.

As far as visual interpretations go, you may be jumping the gun a bit as we literally have nothing but dirt to go on. The fact that he's likely to spend 40 hours reworking how dirt operates is indicative that there is no way at all to foresee the coming months at this point.
Better is the enemy of Good
DemonButter

Re: Return to Home Visual Interpretation

Post by DemonButter »

DaveYanakov wrote: -snip-
Thanks, I'll just try the re-size and see how that ends up. I understand the very variable working times, I made sure I read the posts thoroughly and that's where the many hours of making the drawing look in the slightest presentable will come in handy, I won't be working on it 24-day. The drawing is meant to represent the slow, thought and idea-filled creation of RTH in an abstract sort of way, I suppose it would show the communities thoughts on what RTH may or may not contain. I've seen a lot of posts discussing upcoming features before, I was just thinking of a shiny different way of representing the communities speculations (no, not suggestions) on the bits that FC gives whenever he does.