Just read "The End" text for the first time

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
finite8

Just read "The End" text for the first time

Post by finite8 »

Just decided to google it and have a read. Ugh.... what a load of dribble. So glad i haven't had to sit through it and that BTW disables it.

And if you are wondering why i haven't killed an Enderdragon yet, it is because i haven't played enough single player to actually get to the stage that i am ready to take on the Enderdragon, and as i have been playing online mostly (i.e: official BTW server) everyone else always finds a stronghold and gets to that stage WAY before i get a chance to thus: i haven't actually visited the end yet :(
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
chai

Re: Just read "The End" text for the first time

Post by chai »

Even reading it online, without the excruciatingly slow text crawl, you have my sympathies. To quote Rosencrantz or Guildenstern (dead, either way), "Half the things he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all!"
DemonButter

Post by DemonButter »

chai wrote:Even reading it online, without the excruciatingly slow text crawl, you have my sympathies. To quote Rosencrantz or Guildenstern (dead, either way), "Half the things he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all!"
Quoting Hamlet, what a blast from the past! Well, now I'm curious on the End text thing too but I'll do it the traditional way :D.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Honestly guys don't waste your time reading it to satisfy curiosity. Its ten minutes you can't get back. And you will wish you had it back. I decided to read it once to see for myself if it was as bad and useless as people say. It is, I wished I'd never read it.
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

It was cute the first time. It was not cute when it didn't save that you had already read it, to the point where exiting from the End required you to sit through it...if you crashed your client, you ended up back in the End.

I just made coffee or something. Unskippable #(%*& endings FTL.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Hint. Press "ESC"
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

SterlingRed wrote:Hint. Press "ESC"
I remember doing that, must have been added in later.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
shifty

Post by shifty »

finite8 wrote:Just decided to google it and have a read. Ugh.... what a load of dribble. So glad i haven't had to sit through it and that BTW disables it.

And if you are wondering why i haven't killed an Enderdragon yet, it is because i haven't played enough single player to actually get to the stage that i am ready to take on the Enderdragon, and as i have been playing online mostly (i.e: official BTW server) everyone else always finds a stronghold and gets to that stage WAY before i get a chance to thus: i haven't actually visited the end yet :(
Next time you're online and have time I'll show you the stronghold I found :)
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Spurred on by this thread i googled the end (never been there myself yet, notorious world-restarter) and boy, was i glad i did. It's really a unique experience, as i have never read prose that bad from a source which supposedly cares about quality (you can't compare it to tabloid articles i mean). And they said Mass Effect 3 had a poor ending :-)

The Mark Twain quote was awesoome in this context, its says you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did (wrongly) so basically, go and do stuff! Not sure he had playing a computer game for the amount it takes to kill that dragon in mind..

The text actually scrolls quite fast when read out loud (especially passages where the screen is full of text).
Locke

Post by Locke »

I remember when I killed the Enderdragon for the first time... I disabled the BTW function to do it... I ended up almost punching my monitor
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show