Dinnerbone in BTW MCF thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Dinnerbone in BTW MCF thread

Post by FlowerChild »

You guys might want to check it out :)
ThatOneDude

Re: Dinnerbone in BTW MCF thread

Post by ThatOneDude »

Hehe... That's pretty awesome :)
Quality comes before quantity.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Despite the semi-hostile beginning, this could turn out to be an interesting discussion all things considered.

Doesn't seem like a popcorn conversation, so I'll just chill here with my green tea.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I just hope the masses and trolls can keep to themselves and not ruin what could be an interesting discution... I'm very interested to see what Dinnerbone has to say about this, but considering where the conversation is taking place, I feel that a positive outcome is unlikely to happen...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Kind of odd for him to randomly pop up once his name was mentioned, but nevertheless I'm excited by the idea of someone at Mojang potentially listening to FC.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Well this will be interesting indeed! I'll be hitting refresh fairly often as this is one of those that could head downhill fast resulting in a mod deleting it all.
For anyone reading this I'll put in a word of caution. Lets let fc and dinner bone talk and largely stay out of it to avoid confusing things. Those who feel so inclined to post anyways, think several times before you hit submit. This is potentially a good opportunity for FC get some direct clarity on mojang schanigans so let's not mess that up.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote:I just hope the masses and trolls can keep to themselves and not ruin what could be an interesting discution...
Yeah, I have the same worry. It's only a matter of time before the flaming by third parties commences and drags the conversation into the muck. I'm hoping though that the two of us manage to get a few posts in before that happens given it's relatively early on a Monday, and hopefully the masses aren't paying too much attention to MCF as a result.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

I hope some good Dialouge comes from this and that the thread Remains Civil and readable through the discussion He seems like a nice chap, and is at least willing to try to communicate.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Miss_Kat wrote:Kind of odd for him to randomly pop up once his name was mentioned, but nevertheless I'm excited by the idea of someone at Mojang potentially listening to FC.
I'm pretty sure he must of been linked to my post of last night by a third party. There's always a lot of eyes on BTW.
mattizcool

Post by mattizcool »

This is interesting. I'd like to see how this turns out in the end.
FlowerChild wrote:Hookers and blow! WOOT!!!!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Can I maybe get a summary here of all that is said once it's resolved? I don't want to miss this, but I only managed to read the first few posts before I went into an internet connection where MCF is blocked. I would be very appreciative if you could do this, because who knows how long the conversation will last?

(I don't need the first two posts from FC and DB summarised, I've read them.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

mattizcool wrote:This is interesting. I'd like to see how this turns out in the end.
Yeah. I'm going to keep a close eye on this conversation too. I've actually wondered why this kind of conversation hasn't begun earlier. Looks like the Hardcore changes and their motications have finally hit the point where enough flak from the community has gotten Mojangs attention. I'm guessing Notch will probably be keeping an eye on it too considering the big community opinions on BTW as well as one of their own team members potentially throwing themselves into a very heated domain.

And kudos to you too FC. You are a clear representation of how a professional should behave in a discussion. +1 respect good sir.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

finite8 wrote:And kudos to you too FC. You are a clear representation of how a professional should behave in a discussion. +1 respect good sir.
Thanks man. It's a fine line to be walked to be sure. I obviously have very strong points to make here, and it's often difficult to phrase such statements in such a way as to remain civil while still saying what needs to be said.
mattizcool

Post by mattizcool »

I reloaded the page for the conversation about 20 times with no response from Dinnerbone. I guess I'm impatient.
FlowerChild wrote:Hookers and blow! WOOT!!!!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

mattizcool wrote:I reloaded the page for the conversation about 20 times with no response from Dinnerbone. I guess I'm impatient.
Yup, because he posted right after you posted here :p
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Pseudosavior

Post by Pseudosavior »

I really enjoyed the calm, point for point response FC gave, only to be disappointed by Dinnerbone's seemingly lack-of-care, single sentence response.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

and now I'm sad. That was a pretty fizzler response from Dinnerbone. Oh dear.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Kind of sad he argues that no super compression end game machine of death should need to be made for the anvil. Not only can the vMC anvil technically be made before the first night (where most people would make armour and tools, admittedly), but we already need to build a large, complex structure to use the bloody thing in the first place.

Faith in dinnerbone, -1.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

I wonder if he knows FC replaced the name of his first "baby" a dead weight.

Fc you are hitting all the right notes, i make my words yours.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I like how he claims fixing half the particle jumping a good thing. Last time I checked a half ass job is still a half ass job.

And he entirely missed FC's point about anvils. Its more about the recipe having nothing to do with the ability the anvil provides. In fact by the logic dinner bone provided in defense, the anvil should have no enchant abilities as he himself admitted its just a hunk of metal. Or as we fondly call it, a dead weight.
MrLemon

Post by MrLemon »

It seems Dinnerbone is taking what FC is saying about the game very personally, as if FC is accusing him of single handedly ruining it, when really its directed at the entire Minecraft team, not one individual.
EvanT

Post by EvanT »

While the one sentence answers are disappointing he is still a representative of the game's company. And everybody is watching this so I guess he is even under more pressure to "walk the line". He can't just say "Oh yes, we fucked up how would you like us to undo the damage?"

But currently he does not say much more than: "It wasn't me!" or "It wasn't me alone!"
Last edited by EvanT on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are not shooting for realism,.. we are shooting for awesome!"
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

MrLemon wrote:It seems Dinnerbone is taking what FC is saying about the game very personally, as if FC is accusing him of single handedly ruining it, when really its directed at the entire Minecraft team, not one individual.
Dinnerbone logic: The entire staff talk about everything made, so they're all equally responsible unless you're trying to ignore comments about the things you didn't make.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Well that turned out to be a whole lotta nothing. How disappointing.