BTW + Buildcraft

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Deepsniper

Re: BTW + Buildcraft

Post by Deepsniper »

XD that jsut gave me an epic idea for a quarry. Go put it in the nether and you'll never have to mine for netherrock anymore
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Deepsniper wrote:XD that jsut gave me an epic idea for a quarry. Go put it in the nether and you'll never have to mine for netherrack anymore
You will, however, have to find/make a safe place to chill while it digs, as it won't work while you're on the surface.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Thats just as easy as all you need to build is a concrete bunker and your done, ghasts cant blow up cobble and smooth stone just put the actual mining block in there turn on somnia and voila you get yourself a nice little netherrock mining pit
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

@Deepsniper:
If you haven't tested it for yourself yet, yes Nethercoal works with the steam engine.
But you should prepare a whole lot of other stuff to do while the quarry works.

I built my quarry right after I had enough diamond for a set of tools and the quarry and I managed to build a full automatic reed, cactus and hemp farm and build a nice dung production shelter with semi automatic feeding for my 6 also freshly hunted down wolves before the quarry finished the 25x25 wide shaft 70 blocks down to bedrock for my animal farm FC style.
Nethercoal is quite nice for that, but it was still depressing to see the decrease of speed after I didn't find any more oil in the vicinity and had to switch from 4 combustion engines to 4 steam engines.
Dr Ug

Post by Dr Ug »

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I have only recently started playing with the forge mods, and one possible crossover between BTW and Buildcraft that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is mechanically powered engines, i.e. an engine that derives power from being connected to BTW mechanical power, possibly replacing the wooden engine? It just seems like a more realistic "early" engine.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Dr Ug wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I have only recently started playing with the forge mods, and one possible crossover between BTW and Buildcraft that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is mechanically powered engines, i.e. an engine that derives power from being connected to BTW mechanical power, possibly replacing the wooden engine? It just seems like a more realistic "early" engine.
I highly doubt FC is going to add that.

But you can write a mod that does what you want and requires both mods to be installed.